Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doltos posted:

I backup Leperflesh. Trade deadline rules exist for a reason. You can't fault someone for finding a willing trade partner. It's just an aspect you have to take into consideration when you let two brothers into a league and is no different than how me and my best friend joined my work league together.

Collusion is when Team A tells Team B to trade him his RB for a week because he needs him to win a tough matchup and it's totally okay because he's been doing it all year with Team C.

It’s also when Team A says hey give me your best player since you’re out of the playoffs and I’ll give you back the least I can without making it completely obvious we are cheating. (It can or cannot also include some money changing hands under the table)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Is this too much to give up for Kamara?
Give: Landry, Duke
Get: Sanu, Kamara

0.5 PPR 12 team
QB: Russell
RB: Zeke, Howard, Duke, Gore, Morris
WR: Hopkins, Baldwin, Landry, JuJu, Westbrook
TE: Ertz

I'm 2-6 so I basically need to run the table the rest of the way.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
So, uh, Brock Osweiler or Brett Hundley

Those are the only two options, RIP Deshaun

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Elotana posted:

Hundley

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Start Watson

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Rotoworld posted:

Packers placed LS Taybor Pepper on injured reserve with a broken foot, ending his season.

The Packers need a new snapper to snap the snaps that are longer than normal snaps. Second-year UDFA Pepper had replaced injured LS Brett Goode.

lmao

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

My lineup in my BML this week was looking really iffy before Forte blew up somehow and Zeke is somehow free again, had Mack in at flex.

WR's are a group of misfits hah

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 3, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In my league we vote down trades for two reason: collusion and dumping and the GM decides on dumping. Then again our GM very much knows what he's doing and can be trusted.

That's clearly dumping.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Always question both parties involved in the trade! Sometimes what appears to be collusion is an idiot and a smart guy.

I agree with this. Err on the side of allowing the trade, but check. You'd be surprised how many times one party will answer, "yeah, I'm out of the playoffs so he said let's trade my best guy for two way worse guys"

On Football Absurdity, I am trying this new thing called "not incredibly horrible" humor. Probably take me a few years to get the hang of it, but in the meantime check out Top 5 Films DeShaun Watson Can Watch with All His Newfound Free Time, Top 5 Weirdest End Zone Dances (note: these are all fictional), and Top 5 Complaints by Josh Gordon's Handler.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 4, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
If Delanie sits this week, is Jonnu Smith a decent streamer?

Currently have Ed Dickson plugged in while Gronk is on bye.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Start Watson

Hahaha

Seriously hundley is crazy disappointing. Thank God for Dak

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Elotana posted:

Is this a 30-team league or something? There's no way those two are your only options.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MrSargent posted:

Ok guys, have a collusion question for you.]

Alternately, the comedy/Columbo option: Contact 0-8 team and mention that there's a horrible penalty for coming in last. If he's like "thank goodness I just made that great trade," it's cool. If he poops the pants, move forward with your collusion hearing or wtf your league does.

Also, we've got our weekly Hot Takes from Crazy NFL Commenters

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 4, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Wrong link. Not finding the article on your site, either..?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Wrong link. Not finding the article on your site, either..?

You are on it as always, thanks. Link updated. What's funny is that the DeShaun Watson list has as much traffic as the link I accidentally linked to. Weird.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lol you updated the wrong link

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Lol you updated the wrong link

Why is editing so hard on a friday night? Is it some kind of :biotruths:?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

VietCampo posted:

If Delanie sits this week, is Jonnu Smith a decent streamer?

Currently have Ed Dickson plugged in while Gronk is on bye.
Ed Dickson ain't the worst play this week with Benjamin gone. Probably a decent floor play but doubt he finds the end zone.

Smith might work as a dart throw TE2 with upside but we've seen this a couple of times with Walker where he's questionable mid-week but plays. I think he plays.

If AJ Derby is available, I think he's worth considering this week. I like the idea of Osweiler playing scared and targeting his TE a lot like he did with the Texans. And Derby is getting some red zone work.

disclaimer: i am slightly biased as my biggest matchup this week involves aj derby vs. ed dickson

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Thanks for all of the advice guys. I was leaning towards not vetoing the trade and the advice here confirms that is the right move in the absence of hard rules. I contacted the team giving up AB and they said they are trying to avoid the sacko and are desperate. Case closed.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
IDPERS UNITE UNDER THE BANNER OF MISERY AND CONFUSION

Terrance Mitchell - Andy Reid benched him last week in favor of Acker(who had a dominate game), and said some bullshit earlier in the week about "using the hot hand," and "Acker earned more time," which is fantasy football speak for "run the gently caress away," generally.

Morgan Burnett is coming back this week and is a FA I could pick up. But I also have Jonathan Joseph who hurt his shin and is Questionable, but had limited practices Thurs. and Friday.

Thinking of getting Burnett and dropping Joseph, and then playing Mitchell this week hoping a fire was lit under his buttox with last weeks benching...

Are there any DBs you've picked up recently that you're excited about? I could use some suggestions.

C`mon, let's get excited about DBs!!

decypher fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 4, 2017

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I picked up LaMarcus Joyner this week, he's coming off injury and the Rams other starting safety is IR so he's the man in the backfield.

I've been rotating Tyvon Branch, Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix and Matthias Fairley the rest of the season. I roster nothing but safeties because CBs are usually so inconsistent.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

Ed Dickson ain't the worst play this week with Benjamin gone. Probably a decent floor play but doubt he finds the end zone.

Smith might work as a dart throw TE2 with upside but we've seen this a couple of times with Walker where he's questionable mid-week but plays. I think he plays.

If AJ Derby is available, I think he's worth considering this week. I like the idea of Osweiler playing scared and targeting his TE a lot like he did with the Texans. And Derby is getting some red zone work.

disclaimer: i am slightly biased as my biggest matchup this week involves aj derby vs. ed dickson

Yea that's what i was thinking to myself when i grabbed Dickson. Gonna think about Derby, but are you worried with Sanders due back?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

decypher posted:

Terrance Mitchell - Andy Reid benched him last week in favor of Acker(who had a dominate game), and said some bullshit earlier in the week about "using the hot hand," and "Acker earned more time," which is fantasy football speak for "run the gently caress away," generally.

Morgan Burnett is coming back this week and is a FA I could pick up. But I also have Jonathan Joseph who hurt his shin and is Questionable, but had limited practices Thurs. and Friday.

Thinking of getting Burnett and dropping Joseph, and then playing Mitchell this week hoping a fire was lit under his buttox with last weeks benching...

Are there any DBs you've picked up recently that you're excited about? I could use some suggestions.

DariusLikewise posted:

I picked up LaMarcus Joyner this week, he's coming off injury and the Rams other starting safety is IR so he's the man in the backfield.

I've been rotating Tyvon Branch, Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix and Matthias Fairley the rest of the season. I roster nothing but safeties because CBs are usually so inconsistent.

He's on bye this week, but Adrian Amos has been fantastic and was inexplicably on waivers in most of my IDP dynasty leagues. If anyone dropped him due to his bye and you have the space, might be worth grabbing him.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

VietCampo posted:

Yea that's what i was thinking to myself when i grabbed Dickson. Gonna think about Derby, but are you worried with Sanders due back?
A little but I believe this matchup against the Eagles will work in Derby's favor. Eagles have a below average ranking against WRs for the season but that was thrown out of whack by the Giants and Chargers games. They've been a lot stingier lately against receivers. However they have been more generous to tight ends since losing linebacker Jordan Hicks to injury. This could be a lopsided win for the Eagles so I think we'll also get a decent amount of Denver facing prevent D late in the game as well. This feels like a "funnel targets to the tight end" game script to me.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

decypher posted:

Dammit I wish there was some way to know Mitchell was getting benched in advance, because I lost last week by 10 points and getting a goosegg from my DB definitely contributed to that.

I've got Christian Kirksey and Everson Griffen on bye this week so I'm forced to start Mitchell again (unless I want to drop him) so I'm fully in the boat of hoping his got an assfire lit. I'm also starting Morgan Burnett, I've owned him all year and he's been a solid reliable performer (in my IDP scoring he hasn't gone below 8 points in the games he played, vs. seahawks, falcons, bengals, bears, and cowboys, with a nice 13.25 against the Bears). With Kirksey on bye I'm rolling with a recent acquisition at DE: Julius Peppers. He's been having a good season other than a zero in week 3, not sure why that happened but he's getting a sack a game basically so if you have good sack points he's a good pickup.

I've been back and forth with Jordan Poyer who already played this week but he's been available and has been useful for me as a waiver option when my guys are injured. If he's available in your league, take a look.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

RVProfootballer posted:

He's on bye this week, but Adrian Amos has been fantastic and was inexplicably on waivers in most of my IDP dynasty leagues. If anyone dropped him due to his bye and you have the space, might be worth grabbing him.

We start 4 DBs so the Amos owner held onto him through the bye. Joyner has been on my watchlist and someone I've forgot about, I am definitely interested in him.

Leperflesh posted:

Dammit I wish there was some way to know Mitchell was getting benched in advance, because I lost last week by 10 points and getting a goosegg from my DB definitely contributed to that.

I've got Christian Kirksey and Everson Griffen on bye this week so I'm forced to start Mitchell again (unless I want to drop him) so I'm fully in the boat of hoping his got an assfire lit. I'm also starting Morgan Burnett, I've owned him all year and he's been a solid reliable performer (in my IDP scoring he hasn't gone below 8 points in the games he played, vs. seahawks, falcons, bengals, bears, and cowboys, with a nice 13.25 against the Bears). With Kirksey on bye I'm rolling with a recent acquisition at DE: Julius Peppers. He's been having a good season other than a zero in week 3, not sure why that happened but he's getting a sack a game basically so if you have good sack points he's a good pickup.

I've been back and forth with Jordan Poyer who already played this week but he's been available and has been useful for me as a waiver option when my guys are injured. If he's available in your league, take a look.

IDP: Where great players get benched without warning for seemingly no reason. I searched him on google after the game last week and found an article posted at halftime saying Reid was thinking about benching him after the yards they gave up the week before. It's kind of frustrating, that nature of the IDP game. There's just not much coverage of defensive players, in my estimation. We start 4 DBs, 2 DEs, and 4 LBs, so there's a lot of movement typically with byes and injuries. It's a lot of fun researching defensive players and their matchups and streaming your favorites. I digress.

Looking at the Yahoo transaction trends for Mitchell, it's about 50/50 adds/drops. So, we're not alone. Not sure I can afford to risk starting Mitchell being in a timeshare with Acker. Joyner is available so I might just add him and move on from Mitchell. My other DBs have been Tyvon Branch and Glover Quin, both have been excellent.

Peppers has been a big surprise this year. Him and Calais Campbell.

I have Griffen as well, he's the greatest. My other DE is Brockers who has been a tackling machine. I've got Fletcher Cox back rostered to fill in as needed.

My LBs are Kiko, B.Marshall, KJ Wright, and Preston Brown. Nothing too flashy at all, sorta boring, but the group has been consistent.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I don't know why, but I could never get behind any IDP or Keeper league formats. Hell, I rarely do snake redrafts anymore, even. Guess what my favorite flavor of ice cream is?

Also, Spoeank got up really early to tell you whether to start or sit Austin Hooper and Jared Cook. If that's not enough to make you stop thinking about that mistake of a position, he also has [url=
some good TE sleepers.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

IDP is awesome and if I didn't have to spreadsheet today for work, I would effort post. For now, look up offensive line rankings if you are streaming.

god bless

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm really scraping the bottom of the pile here, but who's the best play out of the following guys? Standard scoring, 0PPR, 2 RB/2 WR/1 flex, 14 teams, with an open spot at flex due to byes. Not really happy with any of the options here, but fortunately I already had Forte and Tyrod go, so a high floor/low ceiling sort of player might work out this week.

Jeremy Maclin (@ TEN)
Jalen Richard (@ MIA)
Matt Breida (v ARI)
DeMarcus Robinson (@ DAL)
JJ Nelson or Jaron Brown (@ SF)
Randall Cobb (v DET)

Poque fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 4, 2017

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Thoughts on Marvin Jones Jr? Just scooped him up because we have to start 3WR. Seemed like no-brainer for $2, but apparently I was the only one that but on him and now I'm questioning myself.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Trade advice

I just lost Watson, and the Prescott owner is willing to part with him. What's a fair offer? (Non-ppr)

My team:

His team:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

decypher posted:

We start 4 DBs so the Amos owner held onto him through the bye. Joyner has been on my watchlist and someone I've forgot about, I am definitely interested in him.

IDP: Where great players get benched without warning for seemingly no reason. I searched him on google after the game last week and found an article posted at halftime saying Reid was thinking about benching him after the yards they gave up the week before. It's kind of frustrating, that nature of the IDP game. There's just not much coverage of defensive players, in my estimation. We start 4 DBs, 2 DEs, and 4 LBs, so there's a lot of movement typically with byes and injuries. It's a lot of fun researching defensive players and their matchups and streaming your favorites. I digress.

Looking at the Yahoo transaction trends for Mitchell, it's about 50/50 adds/drops. So, we're not alone. Not sure I can afford to risk starting Mitchell being in a timeshare with Acker. Joyner is available so I might just add him and move on from Mitchell. My other DBs have been Tyvon Branch and Glover Quin, both have been excellent.

Peppers has been a big surprise this year. Him and Calais Campbell.

I have Griffen as well, he's the greatest. My other DE is Brockers who has been a tackling machine. I've got Fletcher Cox back rostered to fill in as needed.

My LBs are Kiko, B.Marshall, KJ Wright, and Preston Brown. Nothing too flashy at all, sorta boring, but the group has been consistent.

So I had to wait till today's waivers processed so I didn't give away the farm, but I picked up Ha Ha Clinton-Dix today to slot in at the DB position instead of Mitchell. I had a free roster slot due to Deshaun dying, I shoved him into IR. Our dynasty league starts a DE, a LB, a DB, and two IDP FLEX spots, so there's a lot of flexibility and since it's dynasty you probably want to be holding around seven or eight IDP guys at any given time. I've got eight right now, plus Taco Charlton on my taxi squad.

What do you think about Lawrence TImmons? He had his issues at the start of the season and got dropped to waivers, but seems to be turning in a lot of 6+ tackle games since week 4. Miami is a trash fire but sometimes that's great for an IDP guy, means he's stuck on the field for fifty+ snaps or something.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

I'm really scraping the bottom of the pile here, but who's the best play out of the following guys? Standard scoring, 0PPR, 2 RB/2 WR/1 flex, 14 teams, with an open spot at flex due to byes. Not really happy with any of the options here, but fortunately I already had Forte and Tyrod go, so a high floor/low ceiling sort of player might work out this week.

Jeremy Maclin (@ TEN)
Jalen Richard (@ MIA)
Matt Breida (v ARI)
DeMarcus Robinson (@ DAL)
JJ Nelson or Jaron Brown (@ SF)
Randall Cobb (v DET)

Those all have floors of zero. Gun to my head, Maclin.
Is Lacy available? He's getting the start

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Do I trade Kamara and McCaff for AJ Green in half PPR? I'd be rolling out Fournette/Thompson at RB after that and Green/AB at WR, probably flexing Tevin Coleman until Derrick Henry is ready. Brady at QB.

Thompson is on my bench but has been better than McCaffrey easily.

Otherwise I'd be playing a 3 of the 4 backs, AB84 and either Paul Richardson or Devin Funchess.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 4, 2017

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Drunk Nerds posted:

Those all have floors of zero. Gun to my head, Maclin.
Is Lacy available? He's getting the start

I was leaning Maclin as well. Lacy is snagged, people cling to RBs with a death grip in this league.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

One of my true joys in this bleak, desolate fantasy football season is when I get to tell people why I think Spoeank is wrong in his picks. Today, I think I have a better start option at Wide Receiver and Tight End. But I am also a known idiot.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sataere posted:

One of my true joys in this bleak, desolate fantasy football season is when I get to tell people why I think Spoeank is wrong in his picks. Today, I think I have a better start option at Wide Receiver and Tight End. But I am also a known idiot.

You guys are doing a good job with the site but quick advice you really shouldn't be so self-deprecating when doing marketing. I see that mistake all over twitch and youtube, and hell all over most fantasy websites that get low traffic too. People don't want to read an article from a self-proclaimed miserable idiot. Be more confident and viewership will go up.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

Trade advice

I just lost Watson, and the Prescott owner is willing to part with him. What's a fair offer? (Non-ppr)

My team:

His team:

Woah you guys have the same team?

That’s cray cray

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I'm 7-1 in my 12-man 0 PPR league and pretty much have a playoff spot guaranteed, so I'd like to try and solidify before the trade deadline this week.

My roster:
QB: Rivers, Manning
RB: Gurley, Martin, Abdullah, Lynch, Lewis
WR: Hill, Nelson, Hopkins, JuJu, Gordon
TE: Ertz

QB is definitely my weakest spot, and I think I can get Cousins from this guy:

QB: Brady, Cousins
RB: Coleman, Collins, Gore, Powell, Gallman
WR: Crabtree, Fuller, Wright, Stills, T Benjamin
TE: ASJ

I was thinking of offering Abdullah and Nelson for Cousins. Is that overpaying? If so, what's a better offer I can make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Would you guys keep Crowder given that he's hurt, or are there other lottery picks you would snag? Alternatively would you drop him to pick up someone like Ellington to start over Marlon Mack? Mike Wallace and Ryan Grant are also available.

Bye weeks, Crowder being out, and dropping Fuller have me starting Doctson.

• Locked thread