Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Rubber leg snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

animal abusers should be locked up instead of drug possession

https://twitter.com/DogSolutions/status/923297897252249602

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

untreated mental illness is a hell of a thing

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

FINALLY the cyberpunk future we were promised

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

big scary monsters posted:

FINALLY the cyberpunk future we were promised

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!

Apparently he started drinking a lot this past spring, and became more unstable and disorganized, until his parents kicked him out of the house about two months ago. He's been living in his van since then. He missed his court date for his public lewdness charge, and now there's this warrant out for his arrest, for battery.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

what did you do?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

RobobTheGreat posted:

Apparently he started drinking a lot this past spring, and became more unstable and disorganized, until his parents kicked him out of the house about two months ago. He's been living in his van since then. He missed his court date for his public lewdness charge, and now there's this warrant out for his arrest, for battery.

who

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Terry A. Davis, the schizophrenic programmer who wrote the funniest of all operating systems, TempleOS. TempleOS was formerly known as "losethos," which was also the name under which Davis (briefly) posted here in YOSPOS some years ago.

edit: thread he started in yospos

RobobTheGreat fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 4, 2017

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3Z5wsZrn4

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

cheese day

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

RobobTheGreat posted:

Terry A. Davis, the schizophrenic programmer who wrote the funniest of all operating systems, TempleOS. TempleOS was formerly known as "losethos," which was also the name under which Davis (briefly) posted here in YOSPOS some years ago.

lmao this thread was great

also thanks now i miss sneaking mission :(

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

what happened to sneaking mission?? i was just thinking the other day i hadnt seen him around in a while

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

retired to the happy twitter farms up north where he can run and play with the other yospos olds

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

what happened to sneaking mission?? i was just thinking the other day i hadnt seen him around in a while

too good at sneaking, practically invisible now

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

RobobTheGreat posted:

oh man thats kinda sad :(

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Sweevo posted:

my memory is hazy, but didn't the juggalos burying the kid stick all that poo poo on the coffin because some radio station promised them a bunch of free poo poo if they did? if so i'd say using your dead child to get a free t-shirt and a few faygo coupons was worse than some silly goth dancing

The way I remember that juggalo funeral is even worse than this. The mom didn't know she was pregnant until very late into the pregnancy. Someone dug up her myspace and she would post almost daily about weed and xanax and drinking. There was a post about how a "mistake at the hospital" killed the baby but it didn't go into any detail. Apparently the parents of the dead kid conspired and tried to make it a big juggalo funeral and were hoping for all kinds of ICP branded merch to be sent in, with the radio station giving them stuff only being a part of that. They may have called a bunch of radio stations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

fishmech posted:

too good at sneaking, practically invisible now

sneaking mission, this is a snake

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/926851148354674689

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

wth does "graphics in source" mean?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

I don't know what it means in this context because gently caress if I'm ever watching that again but how is that even a question? If you don't have any external graphics files, the graphics are in the source.

e: I did re-watch it and it literally says "no resource files" right there.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 4, 2017

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

templeos uses a document markup format called "DolDoc", in which source-code files for its custom C-like language, "HolyC", are written. "graphics in source" means that the markup format allows you to create an animated image--say, by low-level plotting commands--and copy-paste it into the source file as a usable object that the compiler will understand(!). it's actually pretty slick.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lol ok that's what I thought but wasn't sure why he kept mentioning it so much like it's a big feature. The way to get there is p cool, but he just copy and pasted stuff.

Lovin all the names of this stuff. HolyC

E: oh poo poo I just realized I might have made some graphics in source? Er, no they are just procedurally generated at run time.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
well he's trying to go for is like, C64 graphics characters that were on the keyboard with a special shift and you could just type on a line or 12 to build up an image to be used as sprites or backgrounds or whatever. because all of his stuff for the system is originally based "what if computers worked like the commodore 64 again but with slightly more capabilities"

but the actual thing he did is much more robust than that for the graphics stuff

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fishmech posted:

well he's trying to go for is like, C64 graphics characters that were on the keyboard with a special shift and you could just type on a line or 12 to build up an image to be used as sprites or backgrounds or whatever. because all of his stuff for the system is originally based "what if computers worked like the commodore 64 again but with slightly more capabilities"

but the actual thing he did is much more robust than that for the graphics stuff

You would not use characters as sprites on a C64 because it has hardware sprites. But the sprites would definitely be "in source".

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/timrasett/status/926903967027785728

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

edit:
phun phact:
this tunnel is graffiti central in the ATL.
a shithead concert promoter from out of town tried to throw a halloween festival in it a few years ago.
the neighborhood banded together and painted the whole thing solid gray, with the permission/participation of the graffiti artists, because gently caress that guy.

Cazlab fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 4, 2017

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Deleted, whatever it was.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

akadajet posted:

Deleted, whatever it was.

tweet with a giant url

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

it was a 35k char tweet

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

wait i'm not good at twitter, are you saying that twitter breaks its own rules to allow you to add urls to tweets?

some social media sites block links to prevent spam/phishing, it's interesting that twitter goes extremely hard the other way

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I really want that twitter leppers colony page

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

wait i'm not good at twitter, are you saying that twitter breaks its own rules to allow you to add urls to tweets?

some social media sites block links to prevent spam/phishing, it's interesting that twitter goes extremely hard the other way

it used to be a strict 140 chars but they started doing things so that a @name was only 1 char and urls 1 char or something idk

anyway

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaTk8n-ZWo8

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

powerful animation

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

3D Megadoodoo