Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

JackDarko posted:

I feel like a dumbass for watching that video and not understanding the joke.

sexy children with adult voices = perverts buy our poo poo
sexy adults with child voices = ????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The Bloop posted:

It's ok to like anime, but I personally loathe everything about DBZ.

drown in your ideals and die

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The end goal of anime is the perfect synthesis of woman and child. Thus, the infantilization of adult women and the sexualization of young children are merely two sides of the same coin.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I thought the end goal of anime was for us, all of us, to unite and send Goku our energy for the ultimate spirit bomb

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Don't play the japanese dub

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

theres only one rule to anime and thats "have fun"

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Tiara yelling "Cap-py!" every time Mario comes near is the cutest drat thing. Thanks for keeping it cute Nintendo

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

That voice is so comically unfitting that it makes me think the voice director must have gone home early that day, some intern put the wrong voice in and nobody noticed until it was too late

Someone please tell me that's supposed to be a joke character

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Anime is blood

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm thinking about maybe getting a Switch in the next year. My son's just at the age where he'll likely start being interested in video games. I'm really hoping for a version of Mario Maker, because I completely missed the WiiU.

They need to add the Super Mario Bros 2 style to that game :argh:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Suaimhneas posted:

Someone please tell me that's supposed to be a joke character

This but for every XC2 character.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Xenoblades combat is great and its world building is beautiful and I just want to run around killing Tyrants in, like, crazy mushroom forests and shiny oceans, anime be damned.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Don't play the japanese dub

I'm gonna

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Stairmaster posted:

drown in your ideals and die

Yeah, dbz is fine. DB Super is just dumb even by dragon ball standards and doesn't even pretend to give a poo poo about power levels. See: Roshi being in the tournament of power.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah, dbz is fine. DB Super is just dumb even by dragon ball standards and doesn't even pretend to give a poo poo about power levels. See: Roshi being in the tournament of power.

Dragon Ball is 100% better when it's unashamedly dumb

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
lmao

pray tell, when is dragon ball not unashamedly dumb

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KingSlime posted:

lmao

pray tell, when is dragon ball not unashamedly dumb

even more dumb then

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
i'll allow it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sounds supremely hosed up that they let more than two characters do things.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
So in odyssey I'm aiming to collect at least half the moons in a stage before moving on, with sporadic visits to other kindgoms before moving the storyline forward

I'm curious to see what y'alls approach has been. At first I was going to the next kingdom as soon as I was able to, then I realized holy poo poo I'm straight up igoring a lot of meaty content here

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KingSlime posted:

So in odyssey I'm aiming to collect at least half the moons in a stage before moving on, with sporadic visits to other kindgoms before moving the storyline forward

I'm curious to see what y'alls approach has been. At first I was going to the next kingdom as soon as I was able to, then I realized holy poo poo I'm straight up igoring a lot of meaty content here

I went forward when I felt like it during the story.

After I beat it I came back and started finishing worlds.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm beelining the plot because a bunch of moons aren't even unlocked until after you 'finish' the game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Don't get me wrong, master Roshi's training to make himself stronger for the tournament was perfect, but the show constantly tosses out all these power ups and then suddenly android 17 can fight on ssj blue gokus level...somehow?

Andrast posted:

Dragon Ball is 100% better when it's unashamedly dumb

The Goku black arc well beyond unashamedly dumb, especially the ending.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Don't get me wrong, master Roshi's training to make himself stronger for the tournament was perfect, but the show constantly tosses out all these power ups and then suddenly android 17 can fight on ssj blue gokus level...somehow?

The Goku black arc well beyond unashamedly dumb, especially the ending.

Yeah it's great

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Black Goku you say?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Depended how I was feeling at the time. Sometimes I was itching to get to the next kingdom, but with Luncheon I cleared out a lot of stuff before moving on.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Black Goku you say?

(He's evil)

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Andrast posted:

(He's evil)

Does he turn into a baby and start shitposting on Something Awful?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dragon ball super is dumb because it tries to be smart by pretending theres no power levels. That just makes its stupid though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

dragon ball super is dumb because it tries to be smart by pretending theres no power levels. That just makes its stupid though.

Nothing in that show has been or has pretended to be smart

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

dragon ball super is dumb because it tries to be smart

Hello dragon ball super

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Motto posted:

Hello dragon ball super

:holymoley:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KingSlime posted:

Beat game, then go back and clear out levels. Theres a lot of moons that only unlock at the end so i didnt bother exploring first time through.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I am an old man and I never watched an episode of Dragon Ball.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I didn't make a big effort to get all the moons the first time round, but I did go for all those purple coins so I could get my ship looking like an Applebee's from hell ASAP

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Stop talking about Super because I just got to the Goku Black arc.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stagger_Lee posted:

I am an old man and I never watched an episode of Dragon Ball.

Episode synopsis (any): a simplistically designed character throws one eighth of a punch while screaming. To be continued....

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Hear there's over 9000 moons in Odyssey

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mario is just as much of an anime game as Xenoblade is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Stop talking about Super because I just got to the Goku Black arc.

it's going to let you down super hard

• Locked thread