Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Jedit posted:

Well, yes. One of them is a psychopath with no human characteristics who wants to exterminate everyone who isn't just like them, and the other one is a Dalek.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I fixed it to what he really thinks

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pakled posted:

Same reason they pay for Drunky Duck, so when an angry letter comes in complaining about Doonesbury's liberal bias, they can point to Prickly City/Mallard Fillmore and say "we publish cartoons from conservative viewpoints as well."

I'm not sure this excuse holds water any more. How many daily newspapers even run Doonesbury since it became Sundays-only? Is there some even worse liberal strip they now include to assuage the angry letters complaining about Tinsley?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Why the gently caress are fungi mentioned as 'lower'? What the gently caress is his... Man, gently caress him.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Samovar posted:

Why the gently caress are fungi mentioned as 'lower'? What the gently caress is his... Man, gently caress him.

He's not a particularly . . . exuberant man, I guess you could say.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

He's not a particularly . . . exuberant man, I guess you could say.

heh

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Wait, is GoP going to take debt burden away?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

McFadden you are so loving unfunny, retire bitch.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Telegraph:

Independent:

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm not sure this excuse holds water any more. How many daily newspapers even run Doonesbury since it became Sundays-only? Is there some even worse liberal strip they now include to assuage the angry letters complaining about Tinsley?
non-sequitur had a whole sunday plot line depicting Dubya as a stupid monkey many years ago, and I recall angry letters to my paper about the strip. He did try a very lovely Calvin & Hobbes sort of thing with a girl and a horse, but he was mostly political.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

Cloud Potato posted:

The i paper:

"Women coming out about their sexual abuse will destroy Hollywood and subsequently the entire nation of Great Britain" is... a take, alright. Certainly not a type of fearmongering I've seen before.

Also, gently caress you Jennings for fearmongering about sexual abuse victims wanting justice to be done to their abuser, you loving ball of dead taint-skin and rat puke.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

"Women coming out about their sexual abuse will destroy Hollywood and subsequently the entire nation of Great Britain" is... a take, alright. Certainly not a type of fearmongering I've seen before.

Big Ben here is a symbol of parliament rather than of the country. And considering the size of their majority the idea of the current scandal taking down the government isn't completely unreasonable - not that that's a bad thing.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

Also, gently caress you Jennings for fearmongering about sexual abuse victims wanting justice to be done to their abuser, you loving ball of dead taint-skin and rat puke.
I took it more as Weinstein's public denouncement leading to more and more people subsequently being willing to speak up and leading to a chain reaction of calling out abuse in other places where it had been practiced for so long. I don't see it as a condemnation, more as "these are the symbols I know to represent these things".
Maybe could've done with some element of visible sleaze. Draw some cockroaches scurrying in terror now that they've been exposed to the light.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
I guess I'm just too fried by human horridness to have considered a portrayal as powerful, rather than condemnable. If it was meant as such, that's on me for being an idiot about it.

NRVNQSR posted:

Big Ben here is a symbol of parliament rather than of the country.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
I couldn't help but think of Henry Payne when I saw this last night.

Nooo, not the Minions!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
"Oh, this harassment thing is happening, too. I guess I can fit that into this one!" - a political cartoonist

quote:

Stephen Collins:

very rakish

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Biden wasn't even in the primary, Lester

quote:

Bennett cartoons are kind of getting indistinguishable from the Facebook page of every middle-aged white person who has decided they are a resistance member

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

spidercock.jpg is getting out of hand.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Lazy Ramirez

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

loquacius posted:

Biden wasn't even in the primary, Lester

Bennett cartoons are kind of getting indistinguishable from the Facebook page of every middle-aged white person who has decided they are a resistance member

The bigger question is, if the birds are the politicians, how is Hillary in two places at once as two species?

A quantum-Animorph cartoon.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

T-man posted:

The bigger question is, if the birds are the politicians, how is Hillary in two places at once as two species?

A quantum-Animorph cartoon.

The even bigger question is if those chickens know that Mike Lester beats his wife?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

What was Ramirez take on Las Vegas? I'm sure he came out hard against "open gun laws".

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

SwitchbladeKult posted:

What was Ramirez take on Las Vegas? I'm sure he came out hard against "open gun laws".

He drew a person laying on the ground labeled "taxpayers" and bullets ripping though his flesh labeled "debt"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

This looks like a diagram on how to find the prostate

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Can’t say I’m terribly surprised we ended up with Hillary cartoons a year later despite her losing.

Still worth mentioning idiots like McCoy seem to be more critical of a woman with no political power than anyone in the White House.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A fun game is to ask any conservative talking about Hillary rigging the primaries what, exactly, this rigging entailed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Trump's entire shtick is constantly playing the besieged underdog who will NOT BACK DOWN in the face of a corrupt establishment, it's pretty much impossible to support him without acting like he's not actually in power.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pakled posted:

A fun game is to ask any conservative talking about Hillary rigging the primaries what, exactly, this rigging entailed.
Why is that more relevant than asking why they would care about the internal struggles of the opposition party?

edit: concerning an election that they lost?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 5, 2017

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why is that more relevant than asking why they would care about the internal struggles of the opposition party?

edit: concerning an election that they lost?

If they knew any more than the sound bites they depend upon these jagoffs might accidentally let slip the one thing worth noting within what seems to be the unhinged scrawlings of someone inching towards the loss of reality.

Bell seems to be the only person posted in here who’s actually touched on this, and even still he’s giving Brazile way more credit than she deserves.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

SwitchbladeKult posted:

The day of the shooting:

Then:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I like that he snuck in his attempt to politicize it right in between two comics decrying it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

omg

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Cat Mattress posted:

Thank you, caption, for the precision that Gavin is the character on the left, not, as most people would probably assume, the one on the right.

I assumed from the caption that the old defence minister was on the right, being dragged off via the Vulcan neck pinch it was getting in the pic.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

This makes sense, we made a Las Vegas sign to commemorate the shooting and it gets shot up again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

TheBigAristotle posted:

This makes sense, we made a Las Vegas sign to commemorate the shooting and it gets shot up again

He mixed up his political cartoon for that day with his Fallout fan art and then didn't bother to correct it.

• Locked thread