Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Team Vampire in a 3-0 knockout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

if i was in japan i wouldve picked endurance. Glad my endurance brothers overseas represented

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

me and hormel killing it

https://twitter.com/In__Training/st...D305%23lastpost

this could be you but you playin

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blackbelly Skate Park is coming back tomorrow

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Blackbelly Skate Park is coming back tomorrow

Super Mario Odyssey is coming tomorrow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Super Mario Odyssey is coming tomorrow

Meh. I'd rather play Dragon's Dogma.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Europeans are retarded lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

lmao

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
SPlatoon 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a crazy person was selling this game on amazon for 30 bucks, can't wait to splat some fools

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

a crazy person was selling this game on amazon for 30 bucks, can't wait to splat some fools

Hell yeah. I'll be online, and once you unlock league we probably have enough people to do more 4 man battles, which was still the most fun I've had with this game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

ill have some soggy cereal with low fat milk thank you, just a glass of water to drink on the side please

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Hell yeah. I'll be online, and once you unlock league we probably have enough people to do more 4 man battles, which was still the most fun I've had with this game

its from some guy who may ship it tomorrow or in 3 weeks so hopin for the best here.

trying to jack off posted:

ill have some soggy cereal with low fat milk thank you, just a glass of water to drink on the side please

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They pushed a hotfix today to prevent splatfest smurfing and im surprised that even existed

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm finding this game is a ton of fun. I don't enjoy the single-player experience compared to diving into multiplayer.

Is there anything I actually NEED from single player? Do the rate of fire/ink capacity buffs transfer over to multi?

I see your green floor, I want it painted pink
Don't show me any polls, my answers always ink

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bell_ posted:

I'm finding this game is a ton of fun. I don't enjoy the single-player experience compared to diving into multiplayer.

Is there anything I actually NEED from single player? Do the rate of fire/ink capacity buffs transfer over to multi?

I see your green floor, I want it painted pink
Don't show me any polls, my answers always ink

Mechanically, the only benefit is the handful of meal tickets you earn during the campaign and the set of hero replica gear you earn after defeating the final boss. None of it is necessary if you don't find the singleplayer engaging.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i liked the SP in the first game a lot even if it was really easy, I wish it went more places but all the bosses were cool

my copy hasnt arrived yet -_- any minute now

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

i liked the SP in the first game a lot even if it was really easy, I wish it went more places but all the bosses were cool

my copy hasnt arrived yet -_- any minute now
;(

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got this now. was consistently the only player with over 500points every round. cant wait for ranked lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

C- is miserable but maybe its better now bc i dont even know who would be in it beyond the systematically hopeless or new players (probably low right now but will spike around the holidays) or smurfs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im playing the SP and ive been trained by mario odyssey to turn the camera over and under everything peeping for secrets

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

im playing the SP and ive been trained by mario odyssey to turn the camera over and under everything peeping for secrets
To be fair this is good practice if you wanna get all the lore.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ill be around tonight down for whatever mode in splatmans, SW-5011-9193-9634

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i have a few friends playing splat2 and i cant join or message them in anyway lol nintendo ftw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

you can only drop in on normal turf wars or if someone has an open room in league mode

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

you can only drop in on normal turf wars or if someone has an open room in league mode

so you cant do ranked with friends? lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

extremebuff posted:

so you cant do ranked with friends? lol

you can sorta, you have to rank up to b- in ranked which unlocks league battle which lets u do ranked modes in groups of 2 or 4 that u can invite friends in

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

you can sorta, you have to rank up to b- in ranked which unlocks league battle which lets u do ranked modes in groups of 2 or 4 that u can invite friends in

oh so its a separate thing so you dont get stomped by pro squads in ranked, thats actually cool

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

i have a few friends playing splat2 and i cant join or message them in anyway lol nintendo ftw
What mode you playing?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

kinda locked to turf war, just hit lvl 7. the bucket is powerful. @ me on discord to play ig, i was on for a while

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
wtb invite to that discord, unless you mean nintengoons.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well i get their reasoning but actively making it difficult to just play the casual gently caress around mode with friends is stupid

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

well i get their reasoning but actively making it difficult to just play the casual gently caress around mode with friends is stupid
You can play casual with friends just fine but you can't team up because then people would just roll. Also it's more fun splatting your friends.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cobalt Viper posted:

You can play casual with friends just fine but you can't team up because then people would just roll. Also it's more fun splatting your friends.

i get sorting them into random teams but let me form a party so were consistently together for a while lol.

sometimes the matches time out and oop youre all apart again and have to pray you can get in a match together, its silly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good Splatoon sesh with some imps tonight. I went 15-1 in one game :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Haven't played in like 2 months. The new maps seem fun. Definitely miss it a little.

• Locked thread