Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

voltroon posted:

Kevin Spacey is gay and a sexual assailant. Heard an interview on NPR earlier this week saying that it's likely that he's about to be the next Harvey Weinstein in terms of the seriousness of the allegations against him. So far there's just one, but apparently this was another 'well-known secret' type deal.

Actually, several other people have already come forward, iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Howard Dean post-2004 status: still a sellout.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Gnossiennes posted:

Actually, several other people have already come forward, iirc

That's what I get for only keeping up with celeb news on NPR.

I got too disgusted to follow up on the story after he spun the sexual assault allegations into a boo-hoo poor me oh-so-brave coming out statement. loving vomit.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

A Democrat is a neoliberal third-way centrist? Imagine my surprise.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

QuoProQuid posted:

https://twitter.com/ICIJorg/status/926932184530866177

the icij, who released the panama papers, is readying to drop another bombshell

stay tuned

OCCRP has been saying they're publishing a big story tomorrow so I wouldn't be surprised if this was related.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I feel like the message Tuesday will be

NJ govenor goes Dem because the republican choice attacked Trump and Virginia goes republican because Trump supported him.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

Howard Dean post-2004 status: still a sellout.

Speaking of which,
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/926940526993133568
loving :lol:

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

quote:

Manafort proposes $12.5 million bail package
Assets to be pledged include Trump Tower apartment.

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort is offering to post $12.5 million-worth of assets — including his Trump Tower apartment — as part of a bail package to ensure that he appears for the trial he's facing on charges of money laundering and failing to register as a foreign lobbyist, Manafort's defense team said Saturday.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/04/paul-manafort-bail-package-244550

Manafort offering anything he can think of to receive non-aggression pact from court AI.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/926940936000688128

This sounds fake, Dvorkovich still has both arms and we all know the only way to get Carter Page to stop talking is to cut off a limb and run while he's confused.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Manafort probably needs to stay in an American jail for his own safety.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Pakled posted:

Manafort probably needs to stay in an American jail for his own safety.

He isn't in jail, he's confined to his phylactery, pocket dimension home.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

farraday posted:

https://twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/status/926929271246880768

I can't keep track of AFC teams, someone tell me why they're actually awful.
They employed Ritchie Incognito and looked the other way or sided with him as he bullied thier rookie LT into leaving football

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

farraday posted:

Manafort doesn't have a phylactery, he just works for a lot of entities that do.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

When do we get the results from Virginia?

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

farraday posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/926940936000688128

This sounds fake, Dvorkovich still has both arms and we all know the only way to get Carter Page to stop talking is to cut off a limb and run while he's confused.

He probably played dead until a larger, more treason-worthy Russian strolled by and distracted Page's attention so he could make his escape.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

pumpinglemma posted:

When do we get the results from Virginia?

Well the election isn't until Tuesday, so probably not before then.

(Polls close at 7 pm, probably won't have a winner in the Gov race before 9)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Julio Cruz posted:

A Democrat is a neoliberal third-way centrist? Imagine my surprise.
Jim Messina (former Obama campaign higher-up) actually worked as a paid consultant for the Tories and disappeared from Twitter for like 2 weeks after Labour kicked their rear end

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

farraday posted:

He probably thought he was a double agent wearing a wire.

No, just Carter Page.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Ps. everyone needs to look up why dominos stopped using the noid because it's amazing.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

luv 2 dress up in patriot flag

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Ps. everyone needs to look up why dominos stopped using the noid because it's amazing.

It actually is.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

farraday posted:

He probably needs to worry more about coming down with a bad case of polonium poisoning while under house arrest.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

withak posted:

He probably needs to worry more about coming down with a bad case of polonium poisoning while under house arrest.

I think he’ll be OK. He doesn’t have to worry about a thing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pikavangelist posted:

It actually is.

:staredog:

Yes, it actually is.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

It was his barber

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

What does this mean? What is a noid?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Noid story is one of my favorite "google this" things to say to people you know

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

empty whippet box posted:

https://www.fastcodesign.com/3032911/kidnapping-death-pizza-how-dominos-lost-its-mascot

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

A character in an advertising campaign Domino's used in the early 90s.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Dominos old mascot.

quote:

On January 30, 1989, Kenneth Lamar Noid, a mentally ill man who thought the ads were a personal attack on him, held two employees of an Atlanta Domino's restaurant hostage for over five hours. After forcing them to make him a special pizza and a salad and making demands for $100,000, getaway transportation, and a copy of The Widow's Son, Noid surrendered to the police.[5] After the incident ended, Police Chief Reed Miller offered an assessment to reporters: "He's para-Noid."[6] Noid was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, extortion, and possession of a firearm during a crime. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity. Noid spent three months in a mental institution, but eventually committed suicide in 1995. This incident caused Domino's Pizza to discontinue advertising using the Noid as their mascot.[7]

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Xae posted:

Dominos old mascot.

quote:

The 25th birthday of the Noid mascot was marked with the video game The Noid's Super Pizza Shootout

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

i am harry posted:

It was his barber

It was Antifa. :spooky:

Also why has no one taken the opportunity to call out any right-wing groups as "Antifa Recruitment Sleepercells" or something?

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

haveblue posted:

:staredog:

Yes, it actually is.

Third. Also

quote:

Starting in 1973 Domino's Pizza had a guarantee that customers would receive their pizzas within 30 minutes of placing an order or they would receive the pizzas free until the mid-1980s when it was reduced to $3 off. This resulted in delivery drivers driving recklessly

Why would the drivers drive recklessly to save Dominos a pizza? (who am I kidding. They probably got no pay and had to pay Dominos the full price of the pizza)

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

i am harry posted:

It was his barber

It was you.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

He was a mascot/villain for domino's pizza. Like he'd represent things about takeout pizza that annoyed you like them being soggy or cold or late or something but then dominos would beat him up and say they solved that problem. The slogan was "avoid the noid", then a schizophrenic man with the last name noid went into a dominos with a gun and held people hostage and tried to make them stop telling people to avoid him then he later killed himself and dominos was like "oh geez" and didn't really ever use the noid again even though he was super popular.

Also dominos bought a weird super japanese NES game and rebranded it as the noid game and it was shockingly good and it was the 80s so no one knew it was rebranded and it was just this baffling thing where the domino's pizza videogame was actually super fun.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

He was a mascot/villain for domino's pizza. Like he'd represent things about takeout pizza that annoyed you like them being soggy or cold or late or something but then dominos would beat him up and say they solved that problem. The slogan was "avoid the noid", then a schizophrenic man with the last name noid went into a dominos with a gun and held people hostage and tried to make them stop telling people to avoid him then he later killed himself and dominos was like "oh geez" and didn't really ever use the noid again even though he was super popular.

Also dominos bought a weird super japanese NES game and rebranded it as the noid game and it was shockingly good and it was the 80s so no one knew it was rebranded and it was just this baffling thing where the domino's pizza videogame was actually super fun.

7up also had a surprisingly great snes game

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Trump got into a twitter fight with one of them so I wonder if he'll tweet about this.

https://twitter.com/alihashem_tv/status/926913436981882880

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Noid did nothing wrong.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

I desperately needed this bit of madness in my life.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Is the orb safe? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The orb did this.

• Locked thread