Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The orb demands blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Saw the Noid in person driving home from work a few years ago. It was like a random Tuesday afternoon during rush hour at a busy intersection, I kinda felt awful for the poor bastard in that suit

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

RuanGacho posted:

So is it late enough in the day to turn off the Patriot Annihilator Laser Disco Ball with a Black Hood on it, yet?

When do we start gloating on every right-wing twitter we can find that YOU PINHEADS TROLLED YOURSELVES ?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Howard Dean noooo

let me like you because of the 50 State Strategy and not hate you because you're apparently dogshit

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Howard Dean noooo

let me like you because of the 50 State Strategy and not hate you because you're apparently dogshit

There is nobody out there without any opinions you disagree with except yourself. And you can in fact like Howard Dean for his strategic mind without him being the most right person ever.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

7up also had a surprisingly great snes game

Cool Spot! that game owned, hard as hell

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Quorum posted:

There is nobody out there without any opinions you disagree with except yourself. And you can in fact like Howard Dean for his strategic mind without him being the most right person ever.

That's a lie.

I'm constantly arguing with myself on my various opinions.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Xae posted:

Dominos old mascot.

quote:

Police Chief Reed Miller offered an assessment to reporters: "He's para-Noid."

:lol:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Fuckin Millennials don't know who the Noid is grumble grumble get off my lawn!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Your Taint posted:

Fuckin Millennials don't know who the Noid is grumble grumble get off my lawn!

Die boomer scum!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Ps. everyone needs to look up why dominos stopped using the noid because it's amazing.

its actually because they were tired of people drawing erotic Noid art

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.
I know it’s probably unlikely, but what are the chances that the waves of sexual harassment/abuse stories happening right now circles back around to Trump?

There were so many accusations last year, and then it got swept under the trash-rug of Trump madness. The worst accusations were straight up nightmarish, and predated his presidential run by years.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mustached Demon posted:

Die boomer scum!

Excuse me, Sir, but I am a Xennial. :colbert: We are a micro generation born between '77 and '83 who don't identify fully with either Gen Xers or Millennials. We had the unique experience of having analog childhoods but digital adulthoods.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

RasperFat posted:

I know it’s probably unlikely, but what are the chances that the waves of sexual harassment/abuse stories happening right now circles back around to Trump?

There were so many accusations last year, and then it got swept under the trash-rug of Trump madness. The worst accusations were straight up nightmarish, and predated his presidential run by years.

Please. All of his victims signed an NDA beforehand. :cripes:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Your Taint posted:

Excuse me, Sir, but I am a Xennial. :colbert: We are a micro generation born between '77 and '83 who don't identify fully with either Gen Xers or Millennials. We had the unique experience of having analog childhoods but digital adulthoods.

What's a gen xer?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Probably tried telling his mother that income tax should be reduced, not abolished.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Your Taint posted:

You're forgetting that most of us have way more money than the Millenials too, by virtue of having good jobs before the economy poo poo a brick in 08.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mustached Demon posted:

What's a gen xer?

Ted Rall

So, just as self-absorbed and "every generation except mine sucks" as any given Boomer, but more sulky and passive-aggressive about it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

So not to stoke the derail fire more, but it's kind of weird that the DNC had this huge scandal out of nowhere right before local general elections right.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

DreamShipWrecked posted:

So not to stoke the derail fire more, but it's kind of weird that the DNC had this huge scandal out of nowhere right before local general elections right.

That's what I've been saying, mate. This sounds like a Republican plot.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

That's less of a conspiracy and more Brazile being one of many opportunistic dipshits bleeding the party dry.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zoro posted:

That's what I've been saying, mate. This sounds like a Republican plot.

can we please not turn into insane conspiracy theorists ourselves, tia

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

KickerOfMice posted:

Please. All of his victims signed an NDA beforehand. :cripes:

The sad part is that’s probably true and they’ve already settled something out of court that requires them to sign one.

Daddy’s money has always taken care of his grotesque misconduct.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I don't know the details but wouldn't that be down to Brazile's book tour? At a time when it'd be maximally controversial

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Except the only major elections are NJ governor, VA governor and a lone UT congressional seat.

In the VA governor race the sanctuary cities debacle is clearly a bigger deal than this DNC stuff.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Mustached Demon posted:

What's a gen xer?

Me. The generation post-boomer, so born from ~65ish to 85ish.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
What's Christie going to do after his term finishes?

Apply for the position of White House dog-catcher?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

Die, hopefully.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
So how did the nation-wide bloody revolution by the antifa go?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

We won!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Ague Proof posted:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Not with Sarah there.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Trabisnikof posted:

Except the only major elections are NJ governor, VA governor and a lone UT congressional seat.

In the VA governor race the sanctuary cities debacle is clearly a bigger deal than this DNC stuff.

It’s also kind of interesting that Murphy is taking advantage of the party’s negative image and using it as a springboard whereas Northam has no interaction with that dynamic at all and is just a big fat idiot relying on better people than himself for a win.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

according to twitter antifa was too sleepy and lazy to get up by 3pm to go to the protests

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Office Pig posted:

It’s also kind of interesting that Murphy is taking advantage of the party’s negative image and using it as a springboard whereas Northam has no interaction with that dynamic at all and is just a big fat idiot relying on better people than himself for a win.

Yeah I was pleasantly shocked that he was pushing a state bank so hard. That's a great way to push back on the negative wall street connotations with something meaningful.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Dick Trauma posted:

Right-wingers declared victory when the throngs of communist revolutionaries they made up failed to materialize. They're talking about how their strong display of patriotism warded off the antifa cowards and laughing about how much money George Soros must have wasted on this.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Your Taint posted:

I have to agree with you. I was born in 78 and never felt like I had much in common with the Xers. They all seemed like kids who grew up in the 70s rather than the 80s.

I used Compuserve and AOL on a dial up modem to reach the internet, didn't have a cell phone till I was 24.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Flavahbeast posted:

its actually because they were tired of people drawing erotic Noid art

If that's all it took, the Jolly Green Giant would've been out years ago.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Your Taint posted:

Oh did they finally come up with a separate term instead of simply floating around the beginning of the millennial generation to a different place with every mention? It was always funny that half the time I was a Millennial and half the time I was a Gen Xer whenever generation talk was in the news.

At least some people learned that there is another generation of assholes between the Boomers and the Millennials. A comparatively small group of mopey misfits who were our first MTV VJs and are now split between being either a Kennedy or a Stewart. And then an even smaller group of jerks who were born when the Twilight of Gen X and the Dawn of the Millennials met, a cohort who both remember the existence of the pre-computer world and grew up with computers. I remember when your computer choices were a Tandy, a Commodore, or an Apple.

SimonCat posted:

I used Compuserve and AOL on a dial up modem to reach the internet, didn't have a cell phone till I was 24.

But were you cool enough to have a beeper?

Gyges fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

By the way, since we're on that subject and before I forget:

Is it pronounced "un-TEE-fuh" or "anti-FAH"? I have seen people mock the former in this thread and I understand how the latter makes more sense as a contraction of "anti fascism" but the former rolls off the tongue smoother for me. (English is not my first language though) Is there a generally accepted way of saying it?

• Locked thread