Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I bought one of those twisty glass blunts because it was clearanced out to $7

It is a very good smoking device, I think it might go through weed really quickly though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

It is a very good smoking device, I think it might go through weed really quickly though

the downside is the frequency of cleaning needed for those things. 2 sessions is pushing it. 3 is gonna get you a sticky slide.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

AkumaHokoru posted:

the downside is the frequency of cleaning needed for those things. 2 sessions is pushing it. 3 is gonna get you a sticky slide.

I clean all my glass at least weekly, this thing seems pretty easy to clean especially with the little brush that came with it. Any particular part of it get gunkier faster?

Also if you have any general tips for it I'm :allears:, i think I've mostly gotten the hang of it. Also I really like that the mouthpiece fits into the 14mm slide on my bong :kimchi:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kelp Me! posted:

Something tells me this one on amazon isn't official

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nah, I got it from a site where I order my nicotine vape supplies. It's made by Tobeco which isn't the original company that made them, but they're known for making high-quality clones of fancypants vape poo poo so they're reliable. The one I got seems for all intents and purposes to be identical to the original 7pipe one.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
:420:!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I need to find a new plug, my city has been quite dry for a while now. Bee a rainy summer so I'm expecting a bumper crop this coming winter

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

After getting this job at the medical school I've been sending off a resume here and there to test the waters back in philly because my gf will likely be moving back up there for a job in the next 8 months but a university I applied with months ago sent me an email apologizing for the delay in reaching back and want to do an interview

lol if I beat my gf back here and get to enjoy the cold weather that she loves haha

Blazed to celebrate but I'm also like ughhhh because if things go well I'll just have to stop so I can use clean piss for a test

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

I clean all my glass at least weekly, this thing seems pretty easy to clean especially with the little brush that came with it. Any particular part of it get gunkier faster?

Also if you have any general tips for it I'm :allears:, i think I've mostly gotten the hang of it. Also I really like that the mouthpiece fits into the 14mm slide on my bong :kimchi:

the resin buildup is the thing to look out for. you're gonna be using alcohol and qtips for a good while

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

AkumaHokoru posted:

the resin buildup is the thing to look out for. you're gonna be using alcohol and qtips for a good while

That's fine, haha, cleaning my glass is actually something I enjoy. My bong and bowl are both totally clear glass, and my steamroller is white, so it's very satisfying to get them squeaky clean.

Protip I learned is just drop the weed in, don't pack it.

This thing is reeeeeally good, it hits like a tank. Totally worth it.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

poo poo this edible kicked in way too early. I was still being productive. Guess I'm finishing this house project on hard mode.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Blade runner is absolutely incredible when. You're stoned as all loving poo poo gently caress hell good drat gently caress

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I'm baked.

Smoke weed each and every day, puff in a way other people would consider tough, and have a frank and productive evening, weed thread.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Just had a productive weed nap

Anyone who uses stoner terminology like "sesh" needs to be taken out and shot

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Dreddout posted:

Just had a productive weed nap

Anyone who uses stoner terminology like "sesh" needs to be taken out and shot

not sure weed is the right thing for you if it makes you feel an urge to kill people for saying a harmless word

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Roast beef and colby sandwich grilled w/ butter grilled cheese style, now that's a Good High Weekend Lunch

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Earwicker posted:

not sure weed is the right thing for you if it makes you feel an urge to kill people for saying a harmless word

Words have power and in this instance it's the power of Hate

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I cannot hate when high but I drat well will continue to look down on stoner culture while accepting it happened because if you make something illegal, especially something harmless, eventually enough time will pass that a culture will grow around it in defiance and deification of the thing that has been given far far too much importance and currency from its banning and demonization

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Stoner culture isn't necessarily a bad thing, I mean I loving love cannabis and only smoke maybe 3 times a week at the most, I'm thinking "stoner" implies someone has issues with how productive they are because they have too many issues with smoking too much

Actually gently caress it, stoner culture is dumb, it's ok to love cannabis just can't let it rule you

I'm using the vaporizer right now, watching stranger things, feeling good

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

*recreates entire scene of goku transforming into ssj3 but in the context of smoking a ton of cannabis*

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Good soup! posted:

*recreates entire scene of goku transforming into ssj3 but in the context of smoking a ton of cannabis*

Buddy, learn you some Kale and Blue, we are well beyond 3

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

not as iconic

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
If you're getting mad at something as little as the word sesh my friend, have a cone and settle down.

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

:goatsecx:

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

It's 4:20 in some shape or form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORz_n0mY77w

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Stuff like dab culture is obnoxious as hell but a lot of stoner culture just seems harmless to me. The people I don't like are the ones mentioned above, who deify the plant and make dumbass claims about it.

Totally separate note, but activated charcoal works so dang well as a hangover cure. Still not going to get me to drink more often because :420: is just so much better.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Also for the record, my girlfriend and I went and visited the local Catfe around 4:20 yesterday. Girl scout was raising money/food for the cats, so I got high before hand and petted the gently caress out of some cats.

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

bagmonkey posted:

Also for the record, my girlfriend and I went and visited the local Catfe around 4:20 yesterday. Girl scout was raising money/food for the cats, so I got high before hand and petted the gently caress out of some cats.

I'm glad to hear that Catfe's are a thing. Cats are the best animals to snuggle with while stoned.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Guavatin posted:

I'm glad to hear that Catfe's are a thing. Cats are the best animals to snuggle with while stoned.

http://catfelounge.com/

It owns. Most of the cats are okay, but occasionally you find that one cat who's just awesome as hell. I legit went there to do some work and had a kitten help me type up on evaluations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
brb opening up the world's first 'batfe'

i'm calling it 'The Mad Batter'

no wait let me get higher

'Frappé and Battery'

'Beanbats'

'Foam to Roost'

Mozi fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 6, 2017

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

Mozi posted:

brb opening up the world's first 'batfe'

i'm calling it 'The Mad Batter'

no wait let me get higher

'Frappé and Battery'

'Beanbats'

'Foam to Roost'

The bat cave? the bat cafe?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

work sucked today

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Kelp Me! posted:

work sucked today

If you worked at a vacuum store, that would be a good thing. 😆

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Kelp Me! posted:

work sucked today

drat

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
How do you pack one of those

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

Got the worst cold now. It's 10:30PM and I'm considering getting real burnt on some sativa and just watching some anime or a movie.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

are you supposted to burn the weed in this or is it like one of those ghetto vapes where you heat the glass and inhale the resulting vapour?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Good soup! posted:

Stoner culture isn't necessarily a bad thing, I mean I loving love cannabis and only smoke maybe 3 times a week at the most, I'm thinking "stoner" implies someone has issues with how productive they are because they have too many issues with smoking too much

Actually gently caress it, stoner culture is dumb, it's ok to love cannabis just can't let it rule you

I don't think "stoner culture" in and of itself is much worse than "beer culture" or "wine culture" though some of the associated stereotypes are a bit dumber I guess.

but really the only part of it I have a real problem with is when people make outlandish claims like marijuana can cure all illnesses and that kind of stuff. I don't see any harm in people wearing weed leaf logos or using silly words etc, I know some people think thats part of what has kept it illegal but no it really has had nothing to do with that.

Black August posted:

I cannot hate when high but I drat well will continue to look down on stoner culture while accepting it happened because if you make something illegal, especially something harmless, eventually enough time will pass that a culture will grow around it in defiance and deification of the thing that has been given far far too much importance and currency from its banning and demonization

stoner culture would exist either way, it's not just because weed is illegal. all kinds of perfectly legal products have cultures built around them. people using their consumption habits as badge of identity goes well beyond drugs and applies to all kinds of food, drinks, clothing, forms of media, art, etc.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Das Butterbrot posted:

are you supposted to burn the weed in this or is it like one of those ghetto vapes where you heat the glass and inhale the resulting vapour?

You just smoke it like a regular pipe/bowl. The screws make it so you can kill what's packed at the end, and turn the screw to push out the ash and set up a fresh bowl.

It's kind of gimmicky and you literally have to clean it every time or it gets sticky and impossible to turn the screw, but it's a fun novelty. I could see it being useful for on-the-go, since you can pack a couple of grams in it easily and basically have a multi-bowl pipe ready to go.

I've seen them at head shops for $40+ and hosed if I would pay that much for it, but mine was $6.99 and I'm happy with it for that price.