Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
In the comics I liked when evil Reed Richards literally destroyed all the norse gods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

In the comics I liked when evil Reed Richards literally destroyed all the norse gods

When was this? Was this Ultimate FF?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leperflesh posted:

I knew it was Sean Astin but had no idea he played Mikey in The Goonies.

Just saw Thor: Ragnarok. It was OK. A bit too much slapstick for me, but that doesn't take too much away from the movie. I don't like everyone acting like Loki isn't directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of New Yorkers, like he's not a war criminal murderer.

According to in universe stuff, not that many people died in Avengers 1.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

pubic works project posted:

When was this? Was this Ultimate FF?

Yeah, Ultimate RR turned into a bad guy called the Maker and basically became the big bad of the entire universe

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

Yeah, Ultimate RR turned into a bad guy called the Maker and basically became the big bad of the entire universe

Yeah I knew he becomes the Maker. Didn't know he killed Norse gods though

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Yeah I knew he becomes the Maker. Didn't know he killed Norse gods though

Yeah, they killed Yggdrasil which severed the connection between the norse gods and their godhood or whatever and Thor was the only one who didn't actually die (and I guess he hid his son in some pocket dimension with Mjolnir). Then Iron Man gave him some technology hammer so he basically didn't change in power level which makes no sense

That's enough nerding out for now however

e: If you want to read it

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ultimate-Comics-Ultimates/Issue-2?id=66220

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 5, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Skwirl posted:

According to in universe stuff, not that many people died in Avengers 1.

I mean, they're taking down multiple skyscrapers, you have to assume there's huge casualties. But even if it was only a dozen people, you uhhh, we call those mass murderers. Maybe this is just a general problem with comic book movies, where there's zero consequences for deliberately murdering random bystanders, but Thor's attitude towards his brother is "sigh, you're always gonna betray me, we'll just agree to disagree and try to avoid one another, you lovable scamp" when it should be "you're a serial murderer and can't be permitted to go free under any circumstances."

I know, I'm overthinking it. It was still fun to watch. That undercurrent always bugs me though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
penn state lmao

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
ohio state lmao

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

I mean, they're taking down multiple skyscrapers, you have to assume there's huge casualties. But even if it was only a dozen people, you uhhh, we call those mass murderers. Maybe this is just a general problem with comic book movies, where there's zero consequences for deliberately murdering random bystanders, but Thor's attitude towards his brother is "sigh, you're always gonna betray me, we'll just agree to disagree and try to avoid one another, you lovable scamp" when it should be "you're a serial murderer and can't be permitted to go free under any circumstances."

I know, I'm overthinking it. It was still fun to watch. That undercurrent always bugs me though.

I know people hate on these movies, but Man of Steel and BvS do a good job of showing what a superpowered fight really would be like. Including the magnitude of the lives lost.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a neat cape posted:

ohio state lmao

This and Penn State makes me so happy :unsmith:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Leperflesh posted:

That's why I liked Man of Steel so much. That movie was brutal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqlaXylsMwQ

Also I just now noticed the van that gets thrown at the helicopter is a U-Haul

e;fb BUT MY POST HAS A VIDEO

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
There is a lot of advertising that goddamn movie. I think Superman even crashes into a loving I-hop.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Just saw Thor. It was fun!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Sears gets hosed UP

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

I need help with something. I read here a month or so back that I needed a deer bone to polish my cordovan leather boots. I was at my family’s house over the week and they hunt a lot and had recently bagged a buck. They had been dressing it and letting it hang over the past few days before finally carving all the meat off. I asked for one of the rib bones thinking this would work fine and it’s a new one, and saved me about $30. At first, it definitely did shine up the boots and remove a lot of scuffs, especially in areas I worked a lot of time on. They are gorgeous now.

Is it normal though for the bone to cause a like meat smell to the boots? It is honestly foul. Like, I can barely wear them anywhere now without my girlfriend commenting. Especially inside a car with the heater on. It just smells like so foul. I don’t know if this is normal or not? But I am afraid I just can’t wear them anymore until I figure it out. I’ve stored them under the sink now because they ruined the clothes in my closet, which I fixed by rewashing them but still.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

A-10s and no BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPP?????????

Poor Showing DC.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Flikken posted:

A-10s and no BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPP?????????

Poor Showing DC.

Then you would be deaf the rest of the movie!

for the uninitiated
e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvIJvPj_pjE

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

That second part of my statement applies to all D.C. movies except Wonder Woman

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I have no dog in this Marvel vs DC thing cause I like them both but Suicide Squad was one of the worst things I have ever seen. I am ashamed to say I saw it on opening night

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I have no dog in this Marvel vs DC thing cause I like them both but Suicide Squad was one of the worst things I have ever seen. I am ashamed to say I saw it on opening night

Duuude my job got us tickets for free and I still felt ripped off. You know your movie is bad when you spend the first half hour or more explaining every character's backstory.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

for the uninitiated
e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvIJvPj_pjE

First time I heard it for real was on the rifle ranges of Fort Leonard Wood,. A10s own.in a completely permissive environment where their most serious threat is a dude with a rifle

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I hung up a magnetic knife catch and it rules

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Blitz7x posted:

I hung up a magnetic knife catch and it rules

Yeah they are hecking good.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I gave up on my work today. I am just not mentally into database clean up today. Our vendors delivered the data late yesterday and hosed everything up. Ugh.

What kind of animal sends out anything at the end of a Friday!!!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm roasting a chicken.

Gonna eat a lot of chicken tonight and tomorrow.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol the Superman v Zod battle

Like every time a building collapsed it’s like there’s another 20k dead

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Also lol someone broke into rand Paul’s house and kicked his rear end.

Wait what?! Link me please

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Wait what?! Link me please

So I missed this post and would also like a link

e: Found this https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sen-rand-paul-assaulted-his-kentucky-home-suspect-arrested-n817591

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

Gym. Unfortunately Chicago doesn't have good rocks in the city and I don't have a car. Also no crash pad.

Yea that makes sense. Just curious if you're one of those rare birds that actually lives right next to a mountain and goes hardcore.

That's the most Republican assault ever, got beat up over arguments over lawn care or some poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/926963191728558085

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What kind of animal sends out anything at the end of a Friday!!!

I wanted it to be Thursday or Monday but the motherfucker who deals with Errigal INSISTED that it has to be Friday and since I'm in California, thousands of miles away, and he's in the NOC, he gets the final say. It's so loving stupid.

This is ridiculous. Even the mightiest of Hanzo Steel Katanas can't hit a missile.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 5, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

3 DONG HORSE posted:

This is ridiculous. Even the mightiest of Hanzo Steel Katanas can't hit a missile.

Someone never played Metal Gear Revengence

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Did someone say Metal Gear?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol this game doesn't give a poo poo about continuity and I love it

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Did someone say Metal Gear?

Metal Gear?!?

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 5, 2017

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

There's definitely an election next week in VA, wall to wall political ads

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/htafc_bowhay/status/926892756877959168

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I feel like this is one of those things where you should drop the 30 bucks to get from someone who knows what they're doing.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

The Bowling Green Massacre :911:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Greatest Night In UFC History

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

Dude I couldn’t give less of a poo poo about lotr but this game owns.

Also lol someone broke into rand Paul’s house and kicked his rear end.

Police report doesn’t mention anything regarding forced entry and they’re being charged w a 4th disagree misdemeanor which in Kentucky isn’t anything involving a felony which breaking and entering is so, no, wrong

• Locked thread