Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Vasudus posted:

I think the only fast food baron that wasn't a horrible piece of poo poo is Dave Thomas.

And if history is anything to go by, he probably had a whole rape dungeon anyway.
https://twitter.com/carolynryan/status/832092502312239104
:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I think the only fast food baron that wasn't a horrible piece of poo poo is Dave Thomas.

And if history is anything to go by, he probably had a whole rape dungeon anyway.
Mike Ilitch who founded Little Caesars did a whole bunch of charitable giving over the course of his life. He also paid Rosa Parks' rent for the last 11 years of her life so she could live in a safer part of Detroit. His pizza was terrible though, at least it was 20+ years ago, the last time I had one.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Vasudus posted:

Owner of little caesers wasnt a piece of poo poo. I don't like their pizza but their crazy bread and garlic bread are amazing

Edit: well then

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vasudus posted:

The Little Caesar's guy apparently paid Rosa Parks' rent for a while and supports lots of veterans' groups.

E: Oh so beatan like the egg white in a whiskey sour.

E2: For $5 or so Little Caesar's makes a decent pizza pie.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Does this follow from Poes law or invoke Godwins Law?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Little Caesar's is exactly what you expect when you pick up a $5 pizza that was ready before you even walked in the door to order it.

Papa John's is expensive poo poo run by a guy who freaked the gently caress out about the cost of like a dime per pizza to give his employees health coverage while having an elevator for his car collection installed in his mansion.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

There's a pizza place in my town that spent tens of thousands of dollars to install a water treatment system that approximates NYC water according to the people installing it.

They make good pizza but I'm not sure about the veracity of the water claims.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

M_Gargantua posted:

Does this follow from Poes law or invoke Godwins Law?

Godwin already formally suspended Godwin's Law for the duration of the crisis.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

bird food bathtub posted:

Little Caesar's is exactly what you expect when you pick up a $5 pizza that was ready before you even walked in the door to order it.

Papa John's is expensive poo poo run by a guy who freaked the gently caress out about the cost of like a dime per pizza to give his employees health coverage while having an elevator for his car collection installed in his mansion.

It's the epitome of the philosophy of the quality of quantity. When you need a ton of pizza and don't want to break the bank, Little Caesar's is the way to go.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

Godwin already formally suspended Godwin's Law for the duration of the crisis.
https://twitter.com/sfmnemonic/status/896884949634232320
It's his pinned tweet.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Major palace intrigue underway in KSA, council of clerics issues fatwa against corruption, King Salman ousts economic minister, national guard commander, arrests 11 princes including Waleed bin-Talal.

Looks like Crown Prince Mohammed is taking the Jinping playbook and running with it.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Its amazing how much more of a slow, peaceful news day it is when the president leaves the loving country

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Your Battle Buddy posted:

Its amazing how much more of a slow, peaceful news day it is when the president leaves the loving country

Do you think that since Trump doesn't fly commercial ever he doesn't know that planes can have wifi?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Do you think that since Trump doesn't fly commercial ever he doesn't know that planes can have wifi?
Air Force One has wifi. Whether anyone has told Trump that is unknown.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Are you guys serious? He keeps tweeting from the air prior to arriving.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I just make my own pizza because I’m not lazy and it’s cheap.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Truly only lazy people order pizza

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Might be boring here, buuuuut

https://twitter.com/News_Executive/status/926960695140372481

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Shits going down right as my dad is flying in there, awesome

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Stuff happening in Lebanon too. Maybe I won't be vacationing there after my deployment.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

https://twitter.com/eshaLegal/status/926959116031090688

Edit: trump is off to a great start on his Asia tour

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/926963191728558085

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 5, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I am honestly 50/50 on this one.

https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/926984913051557888

50% of me thinks he said it. 50% of me thinks he said something dumber.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

The transcript probably has several ethnic slurs.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MRC48B posted:

The transcript probably has several ethnic slurs.

A little slanted? Probably.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/status/926993442735050753

Everything is fine

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Casimir Radon posted:

Stuff happening in Lebanon too. Maybe I won't be vacationing there after my deployment.

Can you source this? I haven't seen anything and my org is sending a ton of people to Beirut and surroundings next week. A bunch of my friends are already forward deployed there starting yesterday.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nuclear War posted:

Can you source this? I haven't seen anything and my org is sending a ton of people to Beirut and surroundings next week. A bunch of my friends are already forward deployed there starting yesterday.
The PM resigned because he says he's afraid that he might be killed, presumably by Iran. Iran is accusing us and the Saudis of causing this

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Looks like I should have extended my leave in Guam for a few days...

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

gently caress

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Not bad.

Casimir Radon posted:

Go to Jordan instead.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

e: meant to quote the thing where donnie had help with his jacket.

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Nov 5, 2017

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Just an interesting tidbit in light of what's going on in KSA today: https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/29/jared-kushner-saudi-arabia-244291

tl; dr: KUSH took a visit to KSA this last week.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
If the terrorists winning means I get to see Papa John himself put beneath the sword before I am, I'm fine with that.

As for the Saudi 'news?'

Didn't Salman buck all the trends by appointing his son or whatever as successor instead of whatever 9000 year old brother was next? There's way too many egos and waaaay too much money on the line for this to keep passing peacefully. Eventually this ends badly and we're going to be up to our neck rather than just our balls.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

If the terrorists winning means I get to see Papa John himself put beneath the sword before I am, I'm fine with that.

As for the Saudi 'news?'

Didn't Salman buck all the trends by appointing his son or whatever as successor instead of whatever 9000 year old brother was next? There's way too many egos and waaaay too much money on the line for this to keep passing peacefully. Eventually this ends badly and we're going to be up to our neck rather than just our balls.

Yeah and this is that son making a huuuuuuge big swingin dick example out of the richest, most successful, most internationally recognized cousin to show anybody that might be getting ideas what the score is.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

Yeah and this is that son making a huuuuuuge big swingin dick example out of the richest, most successful, most internationally recognized cousin to show anybody that might be getting ideas what the score is.

Prince Waleed bin-Arrested owns something like 7% of each News Corp and Citigroup

E: quote aint edit

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Prince Waleed bin-Arrested owns something like 7% of each News Corp and Citigroup

We should see what Fox News has to say about this tomorrow then.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

shame on an IGA posted:

Majority of twitter too right? Or just the largest single owner?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lightpole posted:

Majority of twitter too right? Or just the largest single owner?

~5%

Also good chunks of Saks 5th Avenue and Eurodisney, still digging around Kingdom Holdings' website for others.

eBay.

The yacht formerly known as Trump Princess.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 5, 2017

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I wonder what would happen if the DPRK tried to lob a nuke at whatever city Trump was in while he is ~in asia~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ded posted:

I wonder what would happen if the DPRK tried to lob a nuke at whatever city Trump was in while he is ~in asia~

be careful what you wish for

• Locked thread