Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I love winter. It does get a little old though when it's April, there's still a ton of snow on the ground, and freezing cold out. Seasonal Affective Disorder will get anyone eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah Germany ruined me on winter. I am the type that can go outside in shorts to take out the trash shirtless or whatever and be fine for 10-20 minutes. Not gonna try that in Alaska weather. I’m not stupid.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Smiling Jack posted:

-70 with wind chill
Looking back my boy scout troop
That's some criminal loving incompetence right there.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

evil_bunnY posted:

We were building igloos and poo poo, there was a cabin nearby. Insane, not incompetent.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Wasabi the J posted:

The one really weird but truly unique experience the military gave me was experiencing my shyt having a hang time before it hit the Splash Zone in those weird range toilets

Even weirder if the poo poo pool at the bottom is frozen and there's a "splat" sound instead of a "splash". Is it just me or were those shitters always like 20' deep?

Oh and re: tank exhaust causing cancer--what on a tank doesn't cause cancer?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Itchy_Grundle posted:

Even weirder if the poo poo pool at the bottom is frozen and there's a "splat" sound instead of a "splash". Is it just me or were those shitters always like 20' deep?

Oh and re: tank exhaust causing cancer--what on a tank doesn't cause cancer?

Getting run over.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Fox News headline: Trump's Army Cures Cancer

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

McNally posted:

Getting run over.

Technically that would be under the tank, not on the tank.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Godholio posted:

Fox News headline: Trump's Army Cures Cancer

Fox News Headline: Bone Cancer no longer considered cancer.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Is there some Marine corps thing going on cause a gaggle of Lance corporals just walked past the bar in dress uniforms with a bunch of haggard looking girls in fancy dresses in tow.

The nearest Marine base is like, gently caress, not even in this state let alone within any sort of reasonable driving distance.

They didn't even look drunk. :sad:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

`Nemesis posted:

Is there some Marine corps thing going on cause a gaggle of Lance corporals just walked past the bar in dress uniforms with a bunch of haggard looking girls in fancy dresses in tow.

The nearest Marine base is like, gently caress, not even in this state let alone within any sort of reasonable driving distance.

Sounds like the ball

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

PathAsc posted:

Sounds like the ball

Sounds like the Blue Oyster.

FTFY

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

bulletsponge13 posted:

Sounds like the Blue Oyster.

FTFY

Dancing, sir. Mostly dancing.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well done

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

`Nemesis posted:

Yup, birthday ball. 'rah, etc.

Just wait until later tonight, you'll see plenty of drunk and stupid by then.

(hello, I just finished reading all 300 pages of the thread, I am the idiot)

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

(hello, I just finished reading all 300 pages of the thread, I am the idiot)

There's a lot of pretty funny/hosed up stories in this thread though, so I'm not sure you're the idiot for doing just that :v:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
This thread has me convinced Gomer Pyle was a documentary series.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

evil_bunnY posted:

Oh you think that's good

I just finished a book called "Canoe Country", a good read, basically about how Canada wouldn't exist without the canoe and how so many of us grow up canoeing and our connection to the land and all that poo poo

There's a bit about a boys only Anglican private school from the late 70's who's sole premise was that boys are not challenged enough in today's society. And so they took a group of pre teen boys on Lake Timiskaming, which is part of the Ottawa river.

The boats capsized and 12 kids and 1 volunteer died of hypothermia. None of the parents sued because "oh we sent our boys there to become MEN and that's part of the risk"

That's some top level incompetence right there.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

MA-Horus posted:

Oh you think that's good

I just finished a book called "Canoe Country", a good read, basically about how Canada wouldn't exist without the canoe and how so many of us grow up canoeing and our connection to the land and all that poo poo

There's a bit about a boys only Anglican private school from the late 70's who's sole premise was that boys are not challenged enough in today's society. And so they took a group of pre teen boys on Lake Timiskaming, which is part of the Ottawa river.

The boats capsized and 12 kids and 1 volunteer died of hypothermia. None of the parents sued because "oh we sent our boys there to become MEN and that's part of the risk"

That's some top level incompetence right there.

Ranger school only killed a third of that - no staff died, of course.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

As Nero Danced posted:

This thread has me convinced Gomer Pyle was a documentary series.

Only much happier than the reality.

"McNamara's Folly: The Use of Low-IQ Troops in the Vietnam War"
https://www.amazon.com/McNamaras-Folly-Low-IQ-Troops-Vietnam-ebook/dp/B0108H60MG

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

This might belong here...

in the heart of the Fat Leonard investigation in 2011, he was invited as a VIP to the CNO's change of command at Annapolis. :lol:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

ulmont posted:

Only much happier than the reality.

"McNamara's Folly: The Use of Low-IQ Troops in the Vietnam War"
https://www.amazon.com/McNamaras-Folly-Low-IQ-Troops-Vietnam-ebook/dp/B0108H60MG

Better there than here!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Target of Racist Graffiti Wrote It, Air Force Academy Says

:eng99:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

On the plus side, the commandant of the academy said some really good stuff in response. On the negative, way to blow up your loving career dumbass.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Marines on the board with six

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribbon_Creek_incident

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

mllaneza posted:

On the plus side, the commandant of the academy said some really good stuff in response. On the negative, way to blow up your loving career dumbass.

It's basically going to be used to dismiss all real past and future hate crimes in that prep school. :smith:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article183086416.html

even at my alma mater they are just as dumb as the airforce

go wildcats hooah

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

tfw you realize all the communist propaganda that obama's murder squad carved into your face are backwards

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

*looks into mirror*

AMABO

noooooooooooooooooooooo

DKD
Dec 25, 2011

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

*looks into mirror*

AMABO

noooooooooooooooooooooo

just realized that "obama" backwards is Latin for "i love"

maybe there's something to this backmasking stuff after all

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

DKD posted:

just realized that "obama" backwards is Latin for "i love"

maybe there's something to this backmasking stuff after all

I will love.

DKD
Dec 25, 2011
i gently caress up
you (singular) gently caress up
he/she/it fucks up
we gently caress up
you (plural) gently caress up
they gently caress up

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

DKD posted:

i gently caress up
you (singular) gently caress up
he/she/it fucks up
we gently caress up
you (plural) gently caress up
they gently caress up

pedico
pedicas
pedicat...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I always wanted to learn Latin but I have a hard enough time wanting to not just dive into traffic.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

I got you bro

wikipedia posted:

Staff Sergeant McKeon was defended by colorful civilian attorney Emile Zola Berman, who would later go on to defend Sirhan Sirhan. Berman put on a vigorous defense that swayed both the court and public opinion. Marine Corps Commandant General Randolph Pate testified. One reporter pointed out this was like "calling J. Edgar Hoover to testify about a problem within the FBI".[citation needed] The trial's most dramatic moment, however, was the arrival of General Lewis "Chesty" Puller, the most decorated Marine in the history of the Corps. Berman called Puller to testify about training methods. Puller called the incident in Ribbon Creek "a deplorable accident" but one that did not warrant court martial. He said that discipline was the most important factor in military training. He quoted Napoleon, saying that an army becomes a "mob" without it. He mentioned his experiences in the Korean War and that one of the reasons troops failed was because of lack of night training. General Puller felt that the press had blown the incident out of proportion because of prejudice they had against the Marine Corps. He mentioned a similar accident at an Army post in which ten soldiers drowned and pointed out that none of their superiors had been charged and that it had never made headlines the way Ribbon Creek did.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Soulex posted:

I always wanted to learn Latin but I have a hard enough time wanting to not just dive into traffic.

FWIW Rosetta Stone has a hefy mil discount right now. Not sure if that's normal or if it's a Veteran's Day thing.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

It used to be free.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Soulex posted:

It used to be free.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Nobody - civilian, military, commercial or private - ever pays full price for Rosetta Stone.

I think it's part of their marketing strategy or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
E: wrong thread. This isn't current events