Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

"Sealed away by the Star Princesses millennia ago, the Dark Queen of the Dragons has finally broken free of her imprisonment. At long last, she will have her revenge on the people of Earth."

It's definitely supposed to be Uncomfortably Attractive Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Someone on the HotS design team likes his ladies Thicc.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Alexstrasza full talents, according to Ye Olde Reddit

Her level 7s look hella good:

quote:

Burdened Flourish:
Alexstrasza received 30% more healing from Abundance and 100% more healing from Regeneration Globes. Hitting a burning hero with Flame Buffet heals Alexstrasza for 10% of maximum health.
[Name Unknown]
(60-second cooldown): Activate to reduce an enemy hero's damage by 50% for 3 seconds. Healing a stunned, rooted or silenced allied hero reduces the cooldown of this ability by 30 seconds.
Life Unbound (Active, 90-second cooldown): Activate to heal an allied hero for 15% of their maximum health and deal X damage to nearby enemies. Healing a stunned, rooted or silenced ally reduces the cooldown of this ability by 30 seconds. Cannot be used on self.

Also, uhhh:

quote:

Level 16

Draconic Discipline: Increase Dragonqueen's duration by 9 seconds.
Ritual of Life: Life Binder activates 3 times over 6 seconds.
[Unknown]
Level 20

Ruby Wings: Healing or damaging heroes 8 or more times with Cleansing Flame activates Dragonqueen upon landing.
[Name Unknown]: While Dragonqueen is active, Alexstrasza's basic attacks apply Flame Buffet, but her attack speed is reduced by 25%.
Blessing of the Red (Active, 40-second cooldown): Grant an allied hero 500 health until they die. Cannot be used on self, or on a hero who already has Blessing of the Red.

So... 24 seconds of "AOE cone auto attacks knock back" sounds like a lot... :doh: right Flame Buffet is not Wind Buffet.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

TBH I enjoyed the art panel when someone in the crowd shouted "she has pants!" when they were showcasing the concepts.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Someone on the HotS design team likes his ladies Thicc.

Maybe so, but it's also because the designs have to be seen from above, so all the characters have to be at least a little bottom heavy.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I think thematically it's mean to be more like Rita Repulsa since the backstory for it is the space hero/villain theme that a bunch of skins have. On the other hand though, the actual design especially on the dragon looks like ti's super channeling Maleficent

I think Rita was originally designed to look like Mal so :shrug:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

BrianBoitano posted:

Also, uhhh:

So... 24 seconds of "AOE cone auto attacks knock back" sounds like a lot... :doh: right Flame Buffet is not Wind Buffet.

I really feel like Ritual of Life is mistaken on the level, because boosting a Heroic at any level other than 20 just sounds weird.

Still, though, she looks like she'll have some serious build diversity, I seriously can't wait to try her out.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kyrosiris posted:

I really feel like Ritual of Life is mistaken on the level, because boosting a Heroic at any level other than 20 just sounds weird.

Still, though, she looks like she'll have some serious build diversity, I seriously can't wait to try her out.

Dragonqueen is her trait, not her heroic.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

The Shortest Path posted:

I think Rita was originally designed to look like Mal so :shrug:

Well as long as they have a black/green tint I'll be happy :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mind over Matter posted:

Dragonqueen is her trait, not her heroic.

Ritual of Life effects Life Binder, though, which is a heroic.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kyrosiris posted:

Ritual of Life effects Life Binder, though, which is a heroic.

Oh you're right, I misread entirely. Sorry!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Also, this happened.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
reddit is 4 babies. babies love nanners. checks out.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Who was the goon here who works for the HotS team? I have a question for them: at what point was it decided to give Alexstaza's Elf form jiggle physics for her tits? I imagine everyone sits around and nods stating "Yes, she needs to jiggle."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Spudd posted:

Who was the goon here who works for the HotS team? I have a question for them: at what point was it decided to give Alexstaza's Elf form jiggle physics for her tits?

Day one.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

... I'll believe that.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does her default skin really have to be the skimpy one?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Life Binder seems really bad with an 80 second cooldown. The 2 second delay seems too long and it doesn't seem to synergize well with her sacrificing her own life total to heal in the first place. I thought it would allow you to choose two heroes instead of it being limited to Alex and one other hero, which would have made it a lot better. Idk we'll see.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Turtlicious posted:

The sheer amount of whining on 4chan in the /vg/ thread about how she had pants after the reveal was breathtakingly pathetic.

Also I refuse to believe that her Dark Queen skin is not supposed to be the Dark Queen from Battletoads.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Turtlicious posted:

I'm glad they at least made the equivalent of a Master skin to solve that problem, like with Valeera.

I don't like my bosomy women catching a cold, okay? :colbert:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

If Bli$$ard thinks they can release two heroes at the same time, too soon for me to save up 30k gold, in order to bilk me out of some irl money they're goddamn right

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

If Bli$$ard thinks they can release two heroes at the same time, too soon for me to save up 30k gold, in order to bilk me out of some irl money they're goddamn right

They're not though. Hanzo is coming in December.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Source?

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Spudd posted:

Who was the goon here who works for the HotS team? I have a question for them: at what point was it decided to give Alexstaza's Elf form jiggle physics for her tits? I imagine everyone sits around and nods stating "Yes, she needs to jiggle."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rJ4jkbkHSU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm excited for Alexstraza, another niche healer that fits into the double support meta

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Midnightghoul posted:

I'm excited for Alexstraza, another niche healer that fits into the double support meta
I think the key to her will be this level 7 talent.

Burdened Flourish: Alexstrasza received 30% more healing from Abundance and 100% more healing from Regeneration Globes. Hitting a burning hero with Flame Buffet heals Alexstrasza for 10% of maximum health.

Flame Buffet costs 50 mana and has 2 second cooldown, but costs no mana if it hits an already burning hero.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't ever play healers, but I wonder if Alexstraza will have some good options to go damage the way Tyrande or Lili can? At least as I understand it Lili can do some pretty decent damage if you spec into it. Alex's dragon form + her fire attacks seem like they'd be pretty good if you spec into them

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Turtlicious posted:

Apparently, it used to be even skimpier.

So be happy that she discovered the joy of pants instead of going with a more "faithful" design, I guess.

As an aside, fun fact: the models of Alexstraza and Ysera were based on Sylvanas.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

They are all elves, yes.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whats wrong with bloobs in videogames.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Power Bottom posted:

Apparently, it used to be even skimpier.

So be happy that she discovered the joy of pants instead of going with a more "faithful" design, I guess.

As an aside, fun fact: the models of Alexstraza and Ysera were based on Sylvanas.

That Slyvanas and Alex both came out for Wrath of the Lich King, before that, Slyvanas used a Night Elf model with a dress/robes in Vanilla, and a blood elf model with no hood and more armor. People lost their poo poo when the Slyvanas redesign post Wrath covered up her torso, despite the fact that of the 3 previous skins, only one of them didn't.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

EDIT I am an idiot

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The old sylvanas models were so much worse. Definitely a case where they should have stayed faithful to WC3 from the start, I get that it's less clothes but the design is just better.

Also because I think it's funny, Thrall in vanilla wow:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That original Sylvanas :lol:

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Man I just unboxed 'brightwing, but with a hat'. this is the best skin.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

No Wave posted:

The old sylvanas models were so much worse. Definitely a case where they should have stayed faithful to WC3 from the start, I get that it's less clothes but the design is just better.

What's wrong with the Legion redesign (current design)? It is basically a recolored, more detailed version of the 3rd design, but she has armor over her midsection (that is the one I remember people complaining about btw.)

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Players are very upset they can no longer look at elf corpse midriff.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Well, half the players. The other half are upset they still have to look at elf dragon boobies.

People have opinions about stuff.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Her Legion armor is awesome. So is her role in that new cinematic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Gustav posted:

Well, half the players. The other half are upset they still have to look at elf dragon boobies.

People have opinions about stuff.

Getting mad at a company for putting clothing on their cartoon women is not the same as wondering why a company is needlessly drawing women who lack clothing though. They aren't equivalent at all.