Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

They should start throwing complaints at Google about bad algorithms.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

He shows up in the Google info box to the right. Well, Derek Shart, lies, irrelevant, dick balls, Line of Defense, reeeeee

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

e: cunts deleted their image

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 5, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I wonder if they'll ever be able to wrap their heads around the fact that Derek was personally offended, and is acting like an autistic stray dog you throw a rock at. And, that the rest of us just feel what they are doing is morally wrong, and really entertaining to both make fun of, and to anticipate the implosion of.

We could've made fun of Juicero or Theranos like this, but they didn't put out thrice weekly development videos, with broken demos.

Derek just wants to marry crobbler now, or whatever.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

XK
Jul 9, 2001

What's the analytics on new members to r/DerekSmart?

I can't imagine the mindset of any person wandering in now and being like, "Yeah, this is the Reddit for me."

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

More adorable. These are cute dogs. Though I’m tied to my Australian Shepherds. :3:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sometimes I wonder if these are actually Russian bot posts, mistakenly thinking Star Citizen is something political in the US.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/7ay3eo/i_mention_derek_once_in_an_obscure_comment_and_he/dpdocr7/

only been a week since citizencon and they are already back to eating each other smh.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Thoatse posted:

Sorry to dox you like this but here we are

Nice, you caught me tickling at the ivories, and at a piano no less!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SomethingJones posted:

Good news everyone, CIG have just started advertising for a backend server MMO programmer to work on their exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen!
https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs/619-Gameplay-Engineer-Service-Backend

• Online game and/or MMO development experience, ideally including interfacing with backend server code.

• One or more shipped products, especially PC products.
• CryEngine/Lumberyard development experience.
• Space combat sim development experience. e - (they need someone who has done this before to do stuff that's never been done before)
• Passion for science fiction and space exploration

This exciting new role takes the number of published vacancies to 64, the highest it's been since March 2016.

This is an interesting list. I’m not sure that anybody would have these requirements, but maybe I’m wrong.

The only people who really come to mind who might could pull it off would be the guys at DCS. But that’s assuming CIG actually wants simulation still. Current development indicates they want more of a CoD programmer, though I’m not sure who would not go crazy trying to manage an MMO for space and ground and ground in space stuff that can all interact and look at each other.

It’s good that 5+ years in CIG is starting to get serious about the MMO part. Though I wish I could be a fly on the wall when the experienced MMO guy tells them none of it will work as Chris wants (he probably wants an MMO plug-in that magic’s everything he’s done so far into an MMO, basically set Boolean mmo=true; and voila! Kind of like isVr=true; and presto! It’s so easy!!) and it all needs to be rebuilt from ground up with an MMO in mind instead of a small instance of an arena shooter. :allears:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/926829963499786240
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/926868554816872449

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Two more job listings:

Staff musician

Seeking a talented violinist to provide real-time, live musical background to employees and users as required.

- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to pacify unsettled users with appropriate pieces
- Familiarity with motivational music to improve production of developer staff
- Repertoire must include at a minimum
- "Flight of the Bumblebee"
- "Nearer My God to Thee"
- "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"

Furniture coordinator

- Ability to move, rearrange, acquire, and dispose of furniture pieces in a multi-national, ever-changing job environment to maintain appearance of full productivity and normalcy.
- Feng-Shui certification desired, but not required
- Familiarity with Restoration Hardware furniture sourcebook a must

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

And, tonight, on dreams:

What happens to your ship when you logout in space/ground?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7aqk2j/what_happens_to_your_ship_when_you_logout_in/

They saved stuff like this for the MMO guy to figure out. Chris came up with the ideas, now some lowly high school dropouts or somebody who kind of has looked at coding before can layer in the code. Should be super easy.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Richie Stardust posted:

I'm going for it, I just started understanding arrays.

Oh you’re that deep in? So you’re a seasoned veteran with MMO technology! CIG is gonna snap you up like a frog and a fly!

You can help the “modder” lead programmer figure stuff out.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

I wonder if they'll ever be able to wrap their heads around the fact that Derek was personally offended, and is acting like an autistic stray dog you throw a rock at. And, that the rest of us just feel what they are doing is morally wrong, and really entertaining to both make fun of, and to anticipate the implosion of.

We could've made fun of Juicero or Theranos like this, but they didn't put out thrice weekly development videos, with broken demos.

Derek just wants to marry crobbler now, or whatever.

Yeah well, that would be rational thinking you see. :allears:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Golli posted:

Two more job listings:

Staff musician

Seeking a talented violinist to provide real-time, live musical background to employees and users as required.

- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to pacify unsettled users with appropriate pieces
- Familiarity with motivational music to improve production of developer staff
- Repertoire must include at a minimum
- "Flight of the Bumblebee"
- "Nearer My God to Thee"
- "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"

Furniture coordinator

- Ability to move, rearrange, acquire, and dispose of furniture pieces in a multi-national, ever-changing job environment to maintain appearance of full productivity and normalcy.
- Feng-Shui certification desired, but not required
- Familiarity with Restoration Hardware furniture sourcebook a must
Calling the low key lay offs now. 2 weeks, ELE etc.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I'd love to know if backers have any feelings about the E3 footage for Halo 2.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

You see, when you log off your character becomes sentient and goes on great adventures together with friends to the corners of the universe. They fight pirates, rescue space princes and princesses, discover lost civilizations, and -in general- have a blast.. Then you return and it's back to loading and unloading cargo for the poor bastards.

Because of the amount of little sister pictures, I think it’s only be fair to log in to have your commando banging another commando. Maybe even the same gender because probably a lot of the citizens are homophobes. I think it’d be fun.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Because of the amount of little sister pictures, I think it’s only be fair to log in to have your commando banging another commando. Maybe even the same gender because probably a lot of the citizens are homophobes. I think it’d be fun.

Hello commandooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *logs out and furiously posts in reddit*

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

The Titanic posted:

This is an interesting list. I’m not sure that anybody would have these requirements, but maybe I’m wrong.

The only people who really come to mind who might could pull it off would be the guys at DCS. But that’s assuming CIG actually wants simulation still. Current development indicates they want more of a CoD programmer, though I’m not sure who would not go crazy trying to manage an MMO for space and ground and ground in space stuff that can all interact and look at each other.

It’s good that 5+ years in CIG is starting to get serious about the MMO part. Though I wish I could be a fly on the wall when the experienced MMO guy tells them none of it will work as Chris wants (he probably wants an MMO plug-in that magic’s everything he’s done so far into an MMO, basically set Boolean mmo=true; and voila! Kind of like isVr=true; and presto! It’s so easy!!) and it all needs to be rebuilt from ground up with an MMO in mind instead of a small instance of an arena shooter. :allears:

Lol they are looking for Travis Day. Too bad he jumped ship years ago and after getting chased around by private investigators at his new job on cig's behalf I'm sure he would be thrilled by this second chance cig is offering

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
OK, I've seen it all now. They're crying foul about being quoted out of their safe space.

quote:

I mention Derek Once in an Obscure comment and he Quotes me. Nowhere is safe Apparently.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/7ay3eo/i_mention_derek_once_in_an_obscure_comment_and_he/dpdocr7/

These loving clowns.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Felt like doing a thing before we go out for fireworks, so I did a thing:

Art shamelessly archered from a Viz comic :)

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

The Titanic posted:

The requirements seem very general and vague to me for anything server side - I'd expect a specific and explicit list of requirements identified from their internal plan or spec.

As in - we want to do X therefore we need someone who can do X,Y,Z.

This just looks like they need someone to come in and sort this all out for them.

Again, Ben Parry said the "major networking" had not been started yet, rumours were flying around saying the same thing. And again they don't need to actually DO this stuff, they just need someone beavering away on it in the background for twitter promo and AtV appearances.

It's 50% an acting role imo, the person writing the ad doesn't even know exactly what they need. Just get someone in there so they can tell all the morons it's being worked on.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Sabreseven posted:

lmao

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

D_Smart posted:

OK, I've seen it all now. They're crying foul about being quoted out of their safe space.

These loving clowns.

Lol if you just start tweeting their quotes credited with their reddit usernames, and then they have to archive it... and then you re-tweet the archived version in a crazy dance of dreams and madness

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sillybones posted:

Why do they all forget that 3.0 is actually what 2.something was meant to be?

It’s Star Citizen magic. It’s just that something came out that says 3.0 vs what 3.0 was originally promised to have.

I’m not even sure 3.0 is on par with what like 2.4 or something earlier was supposed to have.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

:eyepop: :popeye: :captainpop:

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Illustrated here is the secret rule of cats: the best cats are the weird ones. The cats that like swimming, that like having their belly rubbed, the ones that will plop down right next to the dog and chill, and the ones that come and greet you by the door when you get home.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

The only way for SC to exist now if for CIG to make it a room where backers stack crates to earn money, then log off and receive text & jpeg updates on their phones about the adventures of their NPC protagonist.
Then they log back on to buy their guy a new ship, move some crates, and go back to reading fanfics.

Honestly, with some clever gameplay hooks and some competent writing you could probably make something like that work. I mean it's pretty close in concept to Viscera Cleanup Detail, and that's a honest to god $13 dollar game on Steam.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Quavers posted:

I wonder how WTFOsaurus felt today when he saw the new schedule report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7s2FX9H5DQ

this was extremely tragic... he wanted to do a 24 hour stream on his birthday but there isnt enough game

he just wanted to not feel alone on his birthday :(

what is the schedule change btw? i mean 3.0 aint coming out this year or possibly even next year, but how far have they pushed it back?

e: this guy is my fav comedy character "i want to stream but i cant!"

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

nopantsjack posted:

this was extremely tragic... he wanted to do a 24 hour stream on his birthday but there isnt enough game

he just wanted to not feel alone on his birthday :(

what is the schedule change btw? i mean 3.0 aint coming out this year or possibly even next year, but how far have they pushed it back?

e: this guy is my fav comedy character "i want to stream but i cant!"

Does CIG have one of his family members as a hostage or something? I don't get why he hasn't given up by now.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
It's a bit less than two months till holidays.

CIG is almost definitely going to throw some build of 3.0 to PTU (maybe subscribers only again, like last year) at the last moment and then gently caress off for two weeks while Shitizens wonder what happened to promised features and why the game crashes every twenty minutes.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Erenthal posted:

I heard that he learned from the best, aka Chris Roberts. If you thought Nier:A was a story based tour de force, just wait until we all get to experience the sublime writing of SQ42.

I would laugh so hard if Croberts pulled the one plot twist I can think of: writing Sandi's character out of SQ42 entirely so she gets zero screen time again.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Golli posted:

When they ask for references, send them a link to your blog

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
I'm looking at the positives here.
For once, they are not talking about Derek's penis.

That is a move in the right direction.