Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Good mornin', chat

Oh god it's morning and I still don't know what I want to play most, noooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I woke up this morning with a headache and I'm out of aspirin and now I want to blow up the whole god damned world.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am gonna be doing paperwork while having a stream of people playing video games for charity running into its 50th hour

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Man I want the new Mario really bad but we're holding off til Christmas so we can give a Switch to my son

But nobody knows it's actually for me :hehe:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Raxivace posted:

I woke up this morning with a headache and I'm out of aspirin and now I want to blow up the whole god damned world.

I also woke up with a bit of a headache because I drank slightly too much yesterday (which is sadly increasingly turning out to be "drank at all over the course of the day" it seems) and had a work email asking for some data to be sent for a meeting in 5 minutes from the time of the email. At least it was relatively easy to put together, and I've got some coffee now.

Everybody in that room deserved what they got.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

chumbler posted:

Everybody in that room deserved what they got.
Seriously, did they not realize the oprah-look-under-your-seat-everyone-gets-a-switch crate is an ultra-rare?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Can't believe it's already that time of year, time for one of my favorite holidays, a whole extra hour of gaming for free!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Looper posted:

Can't believe it's already that time of year, time for one of my favorite holidays, a whole extra hour of gaming for free!

Blast, I knew I was forgetting something.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I'm a pothead who works 55 hours a week and loves difficulty in videogames

Pot is never an excuse for your shortcomings! Don't give me that noise, goons

(Unless you're a minor who is failing his classes...don't do drugs, kids)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Holy poo poo I finally saw the credits in Mario Odyssey. loving hell. Video games.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Mr.Kattykat posted:

breath of the wild is fantastic for screenshots but the lack of a camera mode means that link is always in the shot, for better or worse

But... you can press a button to aim the camera forward instead. :confused:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Some of these secret levels of Mario Odyssey really kick my rear end.. Just to put it under spoilers
Moon stage with the inivisible platform and poison piranha plants took me a while because you are so used to cleaning up the posion with your hat.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I have a Mario question, I'll use spoilers to be a good goomba:

How do the picture hint moons work? Poochy shows up in some of them, but not all of them, does that mean anything? And there's one from the dinosaur level that shows a fossilized spine, on the left it's the full thing, on the right it's missing one, when I destroy that one rock there's nothing under it, what am I doing wrong?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I have a Mario question, I'll use spoilers to be a good goomba:

How do the picture hint moons work? Poochy shows up in some of them, but not all of them, does that mean anything? And there's one from the dinosaur level that shows a fossilized spine, on the left it's the full thing, on the right it's missing one, when I destroy that one rock there's nothing under it, what am I doing wrong?

Poochy is just there to draw your eye to the mysterious glowing part of the picture. Other art is more abstract and doesn't require a very good dog to draw your eye.

As to the dino bone art,
you should really count up the bones that actually exist

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Same. Literally howling with pain, 8-9/10 pain scale, the acetaminophen I took did nothing, KCB ended up having to walk to the dollar store around the corner to pick up some generic excedrin migraine medication because fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

e: not trying to sound like I'm trying to outdo you or anything, sorry if it comes across like that. Please get well soon, I hope you're able to get something to help you manage the pain.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 5, 2017

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Think I'm getting a switch today. Trouble is, I got my car packed completely full and can't move in til Tuesday maybe. I think I can make room for the box if I dig out my old sheets to donate on account of they won't fit my new bed, but then I have to either figure out where I packed the garbage bags or buy another roll. What would really help would be to get through a preemployment drug screen so I can smoke some weed and be satisfied sitting in a warm dark motel room watching choppy anime yet however, employers typically don't want homeless people for the kind of production jobs where you get to like go to the dentist or retire after 30 years. So I need a place to live before I can do that. Anyway Mario looks sick?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Same. Literally howling with pain, 8-9/10 pain scale, the acetaminophen I took did nothing, KCB ended up having to walk to the dollar store around the corner to pick up some generic excedrin migraine medication because fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

e: not trying to sound like I'm trying to outdo you or anything, sorry if it comes across like that. Please get well soon, I hope you're able to get something to help you manage the pain.
https://twitter.com/itssnails/status/927264738425192448

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

Some of these secret levels of Mario Odyssey really kick my rear end.. Just to put it under spoilers
Moon stage with the inivisible platform and poison piranha plants took me a while because you are so used to cleaning up the posion with your hat.

That one kicked my rear end a bit too but it was mainly because the hit box on the piranha plants isn't great.

Still had an earsier time with that than the disappearing bridge one, which also straight up screwed me on one go by loving my momentum while grabbing the bonus moon

In general I wish I hadn't waited so long to go to darker side because after everything that came before it, it's kind of underwhelming with it's reused rooms and fighting the bosses you've already fought twice for a third time. Plus I mentioned earlier that I don't like the kingdom art moons and that place adds ten loving more

Right more I'm just taking a break from doing the last challenge which really isn't that bad but I keep screwing up one of the few instant death parts that unfortunately happens pretty close to the end.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hate any kind of race, time trial or get a good score in a minigame bit in SMO :(

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Sakurazuka posted:

I hate any kind of race, time trial or get a good score in a minigame bit in SMO :(

If you were able to get through the bullshit mini-games in Galaxy one and two you can get through anything.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

The races stress me out but in the majority of them there's a route that will let you destroy everyone. I think I got lucky with most of the minigames in that only like one took me more than two tries before getting a good enough score (not including jump rope and volleyball which can both suck it)

Edit: actually the last rc car one took me a bit but that was fine.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I like the races because you can usually skip most of the route and just crush them

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

glam rock hamhock posted:

That one kicked my rear end a bit too but it was mainly because the hit box on the piranha plants isn't great.

Still had an earsier time with that than the disappearing bridge one, which also straight up screwed me on one go by loving my momentum while grabbing the bonus moon

In general I wish I hadn't waited so long to go to darker side because after everything that came before it, it's kind of underwhelming with it's reused rooms and fighting the bosses you've already fought twice for a third time. Plus I mentioned earlier that I don't like the kingdom art moons and that place adds ten loving more

Right more I'm just taking a break from doing the last challenge which really isn't that bad but I keep screwing up one of the few instant death parts that unfortunately happens pretty close to the end.

Sorry goons for the C.I.A type page but.. (Mario Odyssey still so don't look)

Kinda glad that I decdied to Darker Side as soon as I could because yeah it's kinda a bit... eh? The challenges are great, but I really dont' like the Broodals.Just somethintg about their design makes me wanna punch them (probably because they remind me of the Rabbids) Funny thing is they actually kicked my rear end for a bit because of the lack of gravity. I also didn't know I could get a freeby life extender which made me look stupid when I bought it. Even more hilarious after I get the 6 hearts I nearly no hit everyone on my successfull run.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

I love the Koopa Freeruns. They're some of my favourite moons in the game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They're some of the only moons that force you to really use all of mario's moves so I like them a lot

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the kingdom art moons were all extremely good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I wish it had ghosts, especially if you could race against other people's ghosts

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

finally done with my Redbox AAA Trilogy run of trying out Wolfenstein2, Evil Within 2, and AC:Origins. Out of the 3, the one I'd most likely buy would probably be Origins, surprisingly. I liked how much quality of life improvements were in it and most of the new weapon and equipment poo poo is pretty cool. I did like what I saw of Evil Within 2 and would also like to play through all of it but just didn't have the time to see as much. Wolfenstein seems fantastic but I am so loving bad at it and the game just feels too dark (lighting, not thematic elements.) I loved how DOOM felt but New Colossus is a little too twitch for me. DOOM just has that perfect skill/empowerment balance.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

I wish it had ghosts, especially if you could race against other people's ghosts

I also wish it had boos

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I have migraines a lot and the best/fastest stuff over the counter is advil migraine in my experience. No caffeine is a big bonus vs other migraine formulas, it can sometimes make them worse.

The marathon goes past my block and all day people just been cheering and cowbelling outside got my head hurting

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 5, 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

In Training posted:

I also wish it had boos

the little ghost hats guys + most of the other kingdom's citizens didn't really land for me. but i hope jaxi and the dia de los muertos samba guys are in paper mario 6 or whatever

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I only had migraines once, but the only thing that made it stop were these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naratriptan

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the citizens of new donk city must be respected

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

CJacobs posted:

Why is that dude on the left shaped like a lumpy trash bag

quote:

- The panellists were three YouTubers

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

the kingdom art moons were all extremely good

I respectfully disagree

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kingdom Arts?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

somebody watched the chris gethard episode about guessing what is in the garbage bin

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i would like a captain toad game of all kingdom art puzzles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

But I'm a YouTuber and I'm not shaped like a rotten pear

• Locked thread