Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Pick posted:

Is this a thing we women even do? I remember once on the tram in Prague, I saw the most beautiful man I'd ever seen in my life, and I didn't immediately go "boy I want that guy to rail me RIGHT NOW" I thought "boy this would be a great time to be a talent scout or casting director."

I’m gonna guess no. Incels don’t seem to understand much about women even on a purely biological level

In my experience, I’ve met only one woman where looks were a thing for her, but she also turned out to be a sex worker, which seems kind of typical for people who work jobs like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

If looks are so important to women then why have so many women rejected me before they get to know me? (Not that I'm saying that would have made a difference but that's not the point).

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Benny Harvey posted:

If looks are so important to women then why have so many women rejected me before they get to know me? (Not that I'm saying that would have made a difference but that's not the point).

femoids have a special sensory organ that can sense the strength of the chud aura around potential mates.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

noether posted:

femoids have a special sensory organ that can sense the strength of the chud aura around potential mates.

Eyes?

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Social skills, fuckwit.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

jizzy sillage posted:

Social skills, fuckwit.

And they can tell this as soon as they meet me?

E: also fat chicks apparently don't have these skills.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Looks do matter, like, objectively speaking, it matters a lot..

Still, women (and men) can of course sense desperation and insecurity. Insecurity is especially obvious and is extreeeeemely unattractive imo

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

basic observational skills. like sure physical specs play a role, but how someone acts and presents themselves does a lot to reveal how much of a weirdo they are under the hood

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

noether posted:

basic observational skills. like sure physical specs play a role, but how someone acts and presents themselves does a lot to reveal how much of a weirdo they are under the hood

And yet lots of women have also been insistent that I should get a girlfriend.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

noether posted:

Yeah, a lifetime of being around other people teaches you the subtle cues people give off about their personality. I knew one of my friends was a flakey dropkick the moment I met him, and another was an rear end in a top hat. You don't need to spend hours getting to know someone to get a feel for them when you're not a turbo autist.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Benny Harvey posted:

And they can tell this as soon as they meet me?

E: also fat chicks apparently don't have these skills.

Some people have poor self esteem (and people self conscious about their weight tend towards this) and therefore will choose to ignore warning signs that crop up as soon as they meet you because of their internal monologue that says "I don't deserve better than spending time with Benny."

Which is probably the most depressing thing I've ever written.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Benny Harvey posted:

And yet lots of women have also been insistent that I should get a girlfriend.

a girlfriend who's not them, mind you

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Fatt chciks got lower standards, hope this helsp

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

I know. Why even bring it up then?

Fartbox posted:

Fatt chciks got lower standards, hope this helsp

It does, I guess.

jizzy sillage posted:

Some people have poor self esteem (and people self conscious about their weight tend towards this) and therefore will choose to ignore warning signs that crop up as soon as they meet you because of their internal monologue that says "I don't deserve better than spending time with Benny."

Which is probably the most depressing thing I've ever written.

Interesting. What other big (heh) groups have self esteem issues?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

jizzy sillage posted:

Yeah, a lifetime of being around other people teaches you the subtle cues people give off about their personality. I knew one of my friends was a flakey dropkick the moment I met him, and another was an rear end in a top hat. You don't need to spend hours getting to know someone to get a feel for them when you're not a turbo autist.

Just to clarify, I'm not even talking about hours Vs. minutes. I'm talking about women basically telling me to gently caress off the moment I talk to them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

None of us blame the women for that.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Post a selfie. Also incels have self esteem so far in the negatives that they've started gifting it to Chad.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Benny Harvey posted:

Just to clarify, I'm not even talking about hours Vs. minutes. I'm talking about women basically telling me to gently caress off the moment I talk to them.

Depends on what exactly you're doing but all the women I've talked to tell stories of how they're constantly hit on, everywhere and that it gets tiring. But of course, especially in clubs, bars etc. If they're just out with their friends they might not be interested in you at all and if they're out of your league they might just be telling you to get lost to save everyone some time. Are you only approaching really hot women? Because they're usually only interested in really hot men

If you're hitting on people in the street or in McDonalds or whatever then lol

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

I was in the emergency ward the other day and a girl with sharpened rebar through her stomach told me to gently caress off when I said she looked cute! loving Stacies.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
A lot of "looks" isn't like your epicanthal tilt or whatever you're born with, but the way you present yourself. Like with the stereotypical fedora guy, if you're wearing odd clothes or glasses or you have a weird haircut or inappropriate posture or something, that matters a lot to people, and it's pretty immediately visible.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

poo poo bro,

bro

just look at the Elliot Rodgers. Look at his videos. You can tell there's something off about the dude and he was just generally extremely offputting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0xlTQiOzYE

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Brother Entropy posted:

THats a nice way f saying a dude needs to get lost because he’s scary

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
well, let me put the whole looks thing this way:

if you are not clean, your skin and hair will show this - your skin will be patchy or have acne, your hair will be greasy and unkempt, and you will smell. male or female, this communicates to me that you do not care about own welfare; this is the most basic goddamn thing that anyone can do to ensure they are not going to get diseased or carry disease.

if you do not care about your own welfare, why should I think for an instant you will care about mine?

if you have no pride in yourself, your clothing will show this - it will be dirty, mismatched, fit poorly, and in poor repair. male or female, this communicates to me that you do not care about how people perceive you. unless you are literally in poverty, walmarts and other big box stores have ensured you can get at least one or two outfits that loving fit you. you have chosen, for whatever reason, not to do this. therefore, you probably do not care what people think about you.

if you do not care about how people perceive you, why should I think for an instant that you will listen to a goddamn word I say? what evidence do I have that I can have a conversation with you?

if you have no ambition or drive, your body will show this. You might be fat or a rail - it doesn't matter. male or female, this communicates to me that you cannot be bothered to do something uncomfortable for a payoff - which, like it or not, includes pretty much everything about long term relationships, be they platonic or romantic. they're work. there's rough spots. they require compromise, communication, and pain. but the payoff is substantial.

if you have no drive and no patience, why should I think for an instant that I can deal with you in any sort of long term? what evidence do I have that I can do things with you and have a good result?

these are known as basic social cues and it seems to me like this needs to be spelled out, yet loving again, because this is the internet and we have fat, unwashed morons in week-old anime shirts reading this poo poo. you might argue that none of these things are deterministic cues - and you would be right. i've had plenty of groomed, well dressed, fit people of both sexes screw me over. i've had way more fat, slovenly pigs of both sexes screw me over because i decided i was going to be the enlightened no-judgment overmind in my younger years. surprise, there's a drat reason these perceptions exist. why on earth should i try talking to you when i have evidence that the clean, groomed, fitter person next to you will be a more valuable connection, regardless of how thin that evidence is?

so you can whine and moan and say 'people judge me before they know me' while sniffing the unique brand of funk that comes from your 4-day-dirty crotch and then scratching your pot belly through your naruto shirt, or you can realize that the strict majority of communication is nonverbal, understand that you're saying nothing complementary about yourself, and get working to change that.

neither incels nor benny will do the latter because that requires honest work at self improvement. instead they'll talk about random crap they ostensibly can't fix. literally no matter what collection of 'ugly' features you talk about, NONE of it is even remotely as important as being clean, groomed, and healthy looking, which you can do with 80 bucks at walmart a month, 2 hours in the gym a week, and 20 minutes in the shower a day.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 5, 2017

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

but i want them to suck my cock noooooooowwww

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fartbox posted:

I just think there were less muscle bound freaks around in general in the 60's. In the 70's you saw more people in the gym and by the 80's a fitness culture started brewing. Superhuman looking fuckers like Arnold became superstars pretty much only because of how cool they looked (because he sure as gently caress couldn't act)

Now most dudes in Hollywood are still ripped (just look at Thor or Captain America :allears:) but they're not quite bodybuilder ripped

Dude. There is no way to look at Hemsworth or Evans and say they aren't bodybuilder ripped. They aren't the HGH and steroid bloated superfreaks of modern bodybuilding, but they are in the kind of shape that takes serious gym work and dedication.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Acne and cleanliness aren't actually related fwiw. That poo poo's genetic, enjoy

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Benny Harvey posted:

ask yourself why you wouldn’t give certain foods or movies or songs or activities a try

or hell, ask yourself why you wouldn’t date certain women

the answer is gonna be the same: preferences and preconceptions.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Desperation is a bad look and pretty obvious pretty quickly

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Improbable Lobster posted:

Desperation is a bad look and pretty obvious pretty quickly

But doesn’t that mean that once someone is desperate, they are permanently trapped in that condition?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

hyphz posted:

But doesn’t that mean that once someone is desperate, they are permanently trapped in that condition?

It's really easy to not be desperate for sex. Just don't.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Coolguye posted:

well, let me put the whole looks thing this way:.

Yep, this is the main way looks matter to most people. Incels think a big nose or whatever makes them subhuman and has doomed them to a life of solitude, when those things don't necessarily make someone unattractive, and people (it seems like women especially) have a range of different features they can find attractive.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Please stop responding to Benny I beg of you

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Anne Whateley posted:

Acne and cleanliness aren't actually related fwiw. That poo poo's genetic, enjoy

they are completely related. the first thing that a dermatologist will tell someone who is having acne problems to do is to wash their loving faces more. only after they have established that the person in question isn't a disgusting pig will they look at other causes and treatments.

what you're referring to as genetic is the majority of the cases of cystic acne, the most painful and damaging sort that causes large lesions that look nothing like the unwashed, plugged up blackhead bullshit that unclean nerds routinely have and ignore. THAT is definitely not related to cleanliness but that's not even remotely what i'm referring to here.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 5, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

While the incels subreddit is private some goons may want to dive into another place: http://looksmax.net/Forum-Misc

That could at least be more productive than talking to incels from within SA.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

timefly posted:

Yep, this is the main way looks matter to most people. Incels think a big nose or whatever makes them subhuman and has doomed them to a life of solitude, when those things don't necessarily make someone unattractive, and people (it seems like women especially) have a range of different features they can find attractive.

yep. it's also worth noting that the Red Queen book i linked earlier notes on page 261 that per 36 statistically represented samples done over pretty much the entire western world, there are indeed a lot of differences in how men and women evaluate mates. women tend to place a higher value on the wealth of their partner, and men on the looks of a prospective partner. but these are all down the list. these superficial things always rank at least 3rd in the decision making process. the first two are the same between the sexes, and are....kindness, and intelligence.

incels have neither. how surprising that they're alone.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

when i was in the psychiatric hospital after destroying my arms dangerously for the 3rd time, i had a note in my file mentioning, in quotes, "body odor"

and i'm married now so idk what's your excuse :grin:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Coolguye posted:

they are completely related. the first thing that a dermatologist will tell someone who is having acne problems to do is to wash their loving faces more. only after they have established that the person in question isn't a disgusting pig will they look at other causes and treatments.
No, they aren't related and post-1950s dermatologists won't say they are. The first thing dermatologists usually say to acne patients is to wash less often and more gently.
The Mayo Clinic:

quote:

Acne myths

These factors have little effect on acne:

Hygiene. Acne isn't caused by dirty skin. In fact, scrubbing the skin too hard or cleansing with harsh soaps or chemicals irritates the skin and can make acne worse.

Cystic acne is genetic, but so is almost all regular acne. 81% is genetic from a huge twin study.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 5, 2017

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

jizzy sillage posted:

Post a selfie. Also incels have self esteem so far in the negatives that they've started gifting it to Chad.

Nah.

Imagine a fat younger Joshua Jackson and you're not a million miles off.

Fartbox posted:

Are you only approaching really hot women? Because they're usually only interested in really hot men

This is exactly what I'm trying to say.

Pick posted:

THats a nice way f saying a dude needs to get lost because he’s scary

Some of these women had invited me on nights out. And I hadn't made a "move" in case that's what you're thinking.

Coolguye posted:

well, let me put the whole looks thing this way:

if you are not clean, your skin and hair will show this - your skin will be patchy or have acne, your hair will be greasy and unkempt, and you will smell. male or female, this communicates to me that you do not care about own welfare; this is the most basic goddamn thing that anyone can do to ensure they are not going to get diseased or carry disease.

if you do not care about your own welfare, why should I think for an instant you will care about mine?

if you have no pride in yourself, your clothing will show this - it will be dirty, mismatched, fit poorly, and in poor repair. male or female, this communicates to me that you do not care about how people perceive you. unless you are literally in poverty, walmarts and other big box stores have ensured you can get at least one or two outfits that loving fit you. you have chosen, for whatever reason, not to do this. therefore, you probably do not care what people think about you.

if you do not care about how people perceive you, why should I think for an instant that you will listen to a goddamn word I say? what evidence do I have that I can have a conversation with you?

if you have no ambition or drive, your body will show this. You might be fat or a rail - it doesn't matter. male or female, this communicates to me that you cannot be bothered to do something uncomfortable for a payoff - which, like it or not, includes pretty much everything about long term relationships, be they platonic or romantic. they're work. there's rough spots. they require compromise, communication, and pain. but the payoff is substantial.

if you have no drive and no patience, why should I think for an instant that I can deal with you in any sort of long term? what evidence do I have that I can do things with you and have a good result?

these are known as basic social cues and it seems to me like this needs to be spelled out, yet loving again, because this is the internet and we have fat, unwashed morons in week-old anime shirts reading this poo poo. you might argue that none of these things are deterministic cues - and you would be right. i've had plenty of groomed, well dressed, fit people of both sexes screw me over. i've had way more fat, slovenly pigs of both sexes screw me over because i decided i was going to be the enlightened no-judgment overmind in my younger years. surprise, there's a drat reason these perceptions exist. why on earth should i try talking to you when i have evidence that the clean, groomed, fitter person next to you will be a more valuable connection, regardless of how thin that evidence is?

so you can whine and moan and say 'people judge me before they know me' while sniffing the unique brand of funk that comes from your 4-day-dirty crotch and then scratching your pot belly through your naruto shirt, or you can realize that the strict majority of communication is nonverbal, understand that you're saying nothing complementary about yourself, and get working to change that.

neither incels nor benny will do the latter because that requires honest work at self improvement. instead they'll talk about random crap they ostensibly can't fix. literally no matter what collection of 'ugly' features you talk about, NONE of it is even remotely as important as being clean, groomed, and healthy looking, which you can do with 80 bucks at walmart a month, 2 hours in the gym a week, and 20 minutes in the shower a day.

I'm washed and so are my clothes. I'm clean shaven and I get regular haircuts. I am fat but I'm working on it. I've never watched an anime in my life. I don't have acne, my hair isn't greasy and I don't smell.

I don't know why you would assume those things about me unless it's because I don't have the approval of attractive women.

My Linux Rig posted:

ask yourself why you wouldn’t give certain foods or movies or songs or activities a try

or hell, ask yourself why you wouldn’t date certain women

the answer is gonna be the same: preferences and preconceptions.

I'd give pretty much any food, movie or song a try.

Reasons I wouldn't (want to) date certain women:
- looks (once again, all I want is honesty on the subject)
- poor hygiene (not hypocritical as im washed)
- racist

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's really easy to not be desperate for sex. Just don't.

I gave up on getting laid but then that's when people started saying I should get a girlfriend.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Liquid Communism posted:

Dude. There is no way to look at Hemsworth or Evans and say they aren't bodybuilder ripped. They aren't the HGH and steroid bloated superfreaks of modern bodybuilding, but they are in the kind of shape that takes serious gym work and dedication.
That's exactly what they were saying. They are built bodies, but not to the exaggerated extent of Schwarzenegger or the Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it's just not cartoonish anymore. oddly they're in cartoon movies now.

• Locked thread