Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

EL BROMANCE posted:

I know shipping chat sucks, but just wondering what other peoples experiences with were ordering from UK to US for the Euro SNES? My friend shipped me his spare via Royal Mail (or Parcel Force) with the tracking and it’s literally been sat in JFK for a week now with no movement. Not sure if this is normal wait bullshit or not as I tend to just bring stuff back myself rather than ship it.

I ordered mine from amazon UK and it got here on a Monday after shipping on a Thursday night. Cleared customs in about 30 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I should’ve used DHL or something. Still no change but I don’t mind for the next few days as I’d rather it come next week now anyway.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Yall want a snes mini?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

You’re saying y’all which is pretty American but those are UK units.

What is this. What game are you playing.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

LODGE NORTH posted:

You’re saying y’all which is pretty American but those are UK units.

What is this. What game are you playing.

Donkey Kong Country, most recently

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Hollenhammer posted:

Yall want a snes mini?

:australia:

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

"Farkin oath shazza, some oval office on the internet says EBGames has the SNES mini in stock again"

"Well don't just sit there ya lazy oval office, fire up the kangaroo and get down and buy me one"

shrimp on barbe

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Red Card stock is up.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sold out already.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
PAL version..... PASS

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Sold out already.

Back. Just got one.

I think the first round was an error and nobody could check out.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

the good fax machine posted:

PAL version..... PASS

You know they’re all internally the same, and kick out the proper 60hz signal right? It’s not like the real machine that’s bordered/slow.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I actually almost signed up for this scummy store card for this.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

PAL version..... PASS

The only differences are:
- Different casing
- No USB/AC adapter included
- Different OS background image

The games are the US versions

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Nail Rat posted:

They have a debit card that connects to your bank. I was able to use mine to order a SNES with no hassle.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nail Rat posted:

5% off is actually a pretty decent reward. It works for everything. Brand new console? 5% off. I don't know of another major retailer that offers the same.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

EL BROMANCE posted:

You know they’re all internally the same, and kick out the proper 60hz signal right? It’s not like the real machine that’s bordered/slow.

Very much aware, just pointing out that the US version is aesthetically superior :can:

(I already have mine so doesn’t matter to me either way)

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Waltzing Along posted:

5% off is actually a pretty decent reward. It works for everything. Brand new console? 5% off. I don't know of another major retailer that offers the same.

and if you have a family and you make weekly trips to Target for necessities that somehow never cost less than $100, the savings are decent on their own anyway

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/925778660723961856

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Very much aware, just pointing out that the US version is aesthetically superior :can:

(I already have mine so doesn’t matter to me either way)

HOW DARE YOU.

I don’t think anyone is ever going to concede the other regions design is better, but man I love the Super Famicon design so much and regret nothing about importing one rather than buying the purple monstrosity over here.

I didn’t know about the indents in the controller buttons until the other day though, so they did one good thing with the design I will admit that much.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So did anyone get Terranigma running with fixed sound yet?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Fuzz posted:

So did anyone get Terranigma running with fixed sound yet?

I haven't gotten into it yet, but the menu music's fixed for me, at least. I ended up re-installing due to some USB shenanigans, but I think 2.21f fixes the sound stuff, in general. I'm using the stock canoe with the -no-lowlatency flag.

Echophonic posted:

So I pulled the new portable down, removed the slowdown fix with 2.21d. So do I just re-sync to get the new scripts and such?

Edit: Seems to work, and I think I have the Terranigma patch working, someone did an all-in-one patch that loads and seems to have fixed music with 2.21f.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

So I was at the mall and just walked into Best Buy on a whim and there was one just sitting on the shelf. I actually said "Oh poo poo" out loud

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

hahahah yoshi's island too? poo poo i only saw the street fighter one and figured that was enough internet for the day.

...has anyone loaded up the save files?

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 3, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vikar Jerome posted:

hahahah yoshi's island too? poo poo i only saw the street fighter one and figured that was enough internet for the day.

...as anyone loaded up the save files?

He had a animal crossing wild world in there. I'd really like to see that village.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

He had a animal crossing wild world in there. I'd really like to see that village.

holy gently caress.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
There has been like 0 new stock in Europe it seems since the initial batches. I kinda wanted to buy one for a friend who lost his job recently, I saw one in a shop in spain but it was 100 euro and they had a nes classic going for 150.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if his rage came from Tom nook

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vikar Jerome posted:

holy gently caress.
There were children there, right? Wouldn't surprise me if they put them there.

I mean, it would be funny if Osama Bin Laden played Animal Crossing, but somehow I doubt it

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Wow this thread died now that everyone has one. No discussion of playing the games?

I feel like I’m most of the way through Super Metroid (just got to the water area) so thinking of what to play next. I loaded Chrono Trigger, but Zelda and Final Fantasy III are also on my “must plays” so am thinking of knocking out one of those first.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m gonna eventually play through everything on it then I’ll finally mod it to add every other good SNES game. I think I’ll go SMW, YI, LTTP, SMRPG and Earthbound first.

Is there any way to fix that display glitch on Yoshi’s Island when you touch a fuzzy? Now that it’s been pointed out to me, it’ll annoy me by the time I get to it.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Finished Mario RPG, and been sampling other games, including the ones I added. My wife has been playing the hell out of Tetris and Dr. Mario. She never played it growing up because her family couldn’t afford video games growing up.

Honestly we can’t now either but this was an exception to the rule. Will I be able to buy a switch and PS4 for her? Probably not but I can add snes games for her on this.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Wow this thread died now that everyone has one. No discussion of playing the games?

I want to finish Earthbound and then do FF3. I got through moonside but then South Park came out. So yeah. And then Super Mario Odyssey came out. I think once I finish opening up all the worlds I will put it on pause and go back to EB. Nothing else new coming out any time soon.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Spiffster posted:

Honestly we can’t now either but this was an exception to the rule. Will I be able to buy a switch and PS4 for her? Probably not but I can add snes games for her on this.

Just get the switch. You spent ~25% of the cost of a switch on the SNES classic.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

I got a SNES classic not out of nostalgia, but because I really wanted to play a lot of the games I missed growing up not having an SNES. I actually started with Metroid and Zelda on an emulator once the 8bitdo controllers came out which was before the SNES classic was announced.

Now that I have one, I'm playing through SMW for the first time and Secret of Mana for the second time (finished with a friend at his house around 22 years ago).

It's so great to have real Nintendo controllers on this thing and the quality of the software is great.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spiffster posted:

Finished Mario RPG, and been sampling other games, including the ones I added. My wife has been playing the hell out of Tetris and Dr. Mario. She never played it growing up because her family couldn’t afford video games growing up.

Get a Switch. There's plenty of local co-op games you can play together with just the joycons.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m gonna eventually play through everything on it then I’ll finally mod it to add every other good SNES game. I think I’ll go SMW, YI, LTTP, SMRPG and Earthbound first.

I don't think Super Ghouls and Ghosts or Contra are worth it unless you have a ton of time, a ton of skill, or are willing to seriously abuse savestates.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Contra isn't even close to being as hard or frustrating as Ghouls. You might want to do a certain trick to get more lives before the final boss though. Those ones can be pretty bullshit.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Renoistic posted:

Contra isn't even close to being as hard or frustrating as Ghouls. You might want to do a certain trick to get more lives before the final boss though. Those ones can be pretty bullshit.

Contra is a really fun 2 player game, made more so by having Save states. I’m not a big fan of playing it solo, however.

Super Ghouls n Ghosts can gently caress right off tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Still haven’t seen one of these in person.