Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rovert posted:

Apparently, he's just looking for attention.

At a time he should lay low but YOLO.

Obviously. He said it's not the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/Holtarna/status/926637072013824005

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How old is Lio? I feel like someone need to mentor him to not be so rash with what he tweets.

Hinoarashi
Mar 28, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

How old is Lio? I feel like someone need to mentor him to not be so rash with what he tweets.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rovert posted:

Apparently, he's just looking for attention.

At a time he should lay low but YOLO.

i just got done trying to work with someone roughly the same age as lio rush on a music project and i can confirm with 100% accuracy that people are totally insane idiots until at least 26

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If you can't be an insane idiot in wrestling what even is the point. gently caress wrestling it sucks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This finally happened

quote:

Josh Bredl, who won a WWE contract in the most recent season of Tough Enough, was released by the company at the end of last week, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Bredl had been rechrisitened Bronson Mathews after winning his WWE deal and moving to Florida to join the WWE Performance Center at the end of 2015. He had not been used in a long time and had not even been training at the PC after what was said to have been concussion-related issues.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Am I right thinking the only people from TE to still be around are Velveteen Dream, Daria and Mandy Rose? And only Mandy lasted for more than half the show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait... NXT had a white supremacist tag team?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

who are you talking about

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sorry, was reading a couple of days of posts at once.

Gaz-L posted:

Weren't he and Wes Blake doing some kind of redneck white supremacist tag team gimmick on the house shows?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Wait... NXT had a white supremacist tag team?

Be more specific.

I assume you mean Wesley Blake and Steve Cutler who according to fans gave off that vibe:

I believe they've changed up their look since.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, "gave off that vibe" is probably better than the image I had in my head of like suspenders and boots. Or a couple of guys in polos and khakis with undercuts or something.

Still, what was "gave off that vibe" about? Did someone really think doing a subtle neo-nazi gimmick in 2017 was a cool idea? Or were people just reading too into something?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

rovert posted:

Be more specific.

I assume you mean Wesley Blake and Steve Cutler who according to fans gave off that vibe:

I believe they've changed up their look since.

Nothing more badass than giving zero fricks

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Blast Fantasto posted:

Nothing more badass than giving zero fricks

Yeah there is.

Zero Friccks

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

pressedbunny posted:

Am I right thinking the only people from TE to still be around are Velveteen Dream, Daria and Mandy Rose? And only Mandy lasted for more than half the show.
I had to look it up and yeah. Daria went out in episode 3 of 10, Patrick in 5, and Mandy in 10.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Last time I saw Steve Cutler his gimmick was gently caress Frigg You & Support The Troops so I guess they just dropped the latter for the tag team

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

beggar posted:

Last time I saw Steve Cutler his gimmick was gently caress Frigg You & Support The Troops so I guess they just dropped the latter for the tag team

so they're keeping the white supremacist gimmick huh?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/wwe-tryout-manchester-england-november-2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is tidal wrestling good. seems like their shows were interestingly shot

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also is the purpose of those lists to implicitly bury anyone they dont sign or what

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

also is the purpose of those lists to implicitly bury anyone they dont sign or what

It’s to get people to go to WWE.com for that information and steer them away from blogs

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

It’s to get people to go to WWE.com for that information and steer them away from blogs

my favorite is when WWE uses ESPN as a source for breaking news happening within the WWE.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Gargano vs Dunne is happening at TakeOver, but isn't on the PPV proper. The wording of the announcement at first sounds like it will be a true dark match, but after reading more closely and noticing how they emphasize seeing it live, I think it might end up on the following week's TV?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Correct. Takeovers don't have dark matches, they tape an episode prior to show start.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Heavy Machinery should've been in the War Games match

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I like the Street Profits.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Zelina Vega has been so good for Almas, goddamnit WWE use more managers.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This probably won't surprise you but Roddy/Cole is really loving good

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Roddy vs Cole was real good.

Billie vs Kairi was okay, although good god the crowd was absolutely dead for Billie and Peyton's entrance. Even by full sail standards, no crowd should be that dead.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DarkstarIV posted:

Roddy vs Cole was real good.

Billie vs Kairi was okay, although good god the crowd was absolutely dead for Billie and Peyton's entrance. Even by full sail standards, no crowd should be that dead.
Kind of funny with the dissonance since the Iconic Duo's loudest supporters online are usually people who attend NXT shows at Fullsail or the FL loop

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

achillesforever6 posted:

Kind of funny with the dissonance since the Iconic Duo's loudest supporters online are usually people who attend NXT shows at Fullsail or the FL loop

It's why I honestly don't think Peyton would be a great champ in the long term. She would be okay at first (she is a decent/good wrestler though), but the Iconic Duo gimmick has a very short shelf life in the spotlight. And yeah, the Iconic Duo fans online are incredibly vocal, but the gimmick isn't very good. It's better than some in NXT, but I personally don't feel like it's the direction NXT should go.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Peyton is fine, but the Iconic Duo is such a prelim-rear end gimmick that has no business being near the title. Whoever wins next week is probably staying the champ till at least Mania, so I loving dread 4+ months of Peyton and Billie holding the belt hostage with their dime store Beautiful People shtick.

I know WWE loves the "undeserving heel champ" bullshit, but at least guys like Miz and Alexa (and even Jinder on his good days) have charisma and carry themselves like stars. If Peyton's gonna get an actual title push, she needs to bring something more to the table beyond funny donkey faces and Melina-esque screeching.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

Peyton is fine, but the Iconic Duo is such a prelim-rear end gimmick that has no business being near the title. Whoever wins next week is probably staying the champ till at least Mania, so I loving dread 4+ months of Peyton and Billie holding the belt hostage with their dime store Beautiful People shtick.

I know WWE loves the "undeserving heel champ" bullshit, but at least guys like Miz and Alexa (and even Jinder on his good days) have charisma and carry themselves like stars. If Peyton's gonna get an actual title push, she needs to bring something more to the table beyond funny donkey faces and Melina-esque screeching.

I'm thinking it'll be either Nikki or Ember. Both of them are probably getting called up soon after Wrestlemania.

Nikki would be a breath of fresh air, and exciting to see as champ. However, she does need new entrance music. I can't stand her current theme. It's really bad. Otherwise I'm fine with it. But that's just me being optimistic.

Ember shouldn't be champ, but WWE seems like they really want to put her in the champ role for whatever reason. I feel like now is the best time to do it, get it done with. She'll probably crash and burn if she stays a face though. Have her lose the title at Takeover: New Orleans, then call her up so she can get torn to pieces by the main roster. I can already see/hear Cole talking about how she likes Twilight, and that's what her character is based off of.

Peyton, like you said, has more downsides as champ right now over upsides, but there are people clamoring for an actual heel women's champ in NXT. And the Iconic Duo are the only real active female heels on NXT TV right now. I guess there is Sonya as well, but she's probably going to be outclassed the moment Shayna debuts.

Kairi most likely isn't going to win. It's too early for her, but I do see her taking the title at Takeover: New Orleans.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ember's a weird case in that she's obviously a great wrestler and is presented like a badass with the look/music/entrance, but they give her these painfully generic babyface scripts and it creates a tonal dissonance. The worst was when Asuka injured her and took her out of the Chicago match, and instead of righteous fury and swearing revenge, she's just sitting around looking sad and thanking the fans for their support.

Why does this cool mysterious warrior suddenly turn into Bayley every time she cuts a promo? They gotta course-correct on that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

who

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bayley, the one that does the hug stuff.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So the Takeover card is officially set

WarGames Match: Undisputed Era vs. Sanity vs. Authors of Pain & Roderick Strong
NXT Championship: Drew McIntyre vs. Andrade "Cian" Almas
NXT Women's Championship: Kairi Sane vs. Ember Moon vs. Nikki Cross vs. Peyton Royce
Aleister Black vs. Velveteen Dream
Kassius Ohno vs. Lars Sullivan
UK Championship: Pete Dunne vs. Johnny Gargano

The bottom two matches will probably be taped for TV (they already confirmed that Dunne/Gargano won't be airing live), but that is one hell of a stacked card.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaPfkuOQsEQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Benne posted:

So the Takeover card is officially set

WarGames Match: Undisputed Era vs. Sanity vs. Authors of Pain & Roderick Strong
NXT Championship: Drew McIntyre vs. Andrade "Cian" Almas
NXT Women's Championship: Kairi Sane vs. Ember Moon vs. Nikki Cross vs. Peyton Royce
Aleister Black vs. Velveteen Dream
Kassius Ohno vs. Lars Sullivan
UK Championship: Pete Dunne vs. Johnny Gargano

The bottom two matches will probably be taped for TV (they already confirmed that Dunne/Gargano won't be airing live), but that is one hell of a stacked card.

That’s a good card

• Locked thread