Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ought ten posted:

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/927333067169173505

Three-quarters of Japanese cars sold in America are made in America. Just lol at our idiot president

No one tell him about the us Hyundai and Kia plants while he's in Korea. I'd really rather not have him visit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Withnail posted:

Trumps gonna get 3 golden retriever puppies as soon as he polls under 30

he will then promptly dump a whole bag of food at their feet and wander off while they eat until their stomachs explode

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The Glumslinger posted:

:lol:

God, we really are living in a lovely alternate universe's version of Veep

i think i said it before but I'm convinced that we live inside the tv show that the characters of Veep watch to feel better about politics. Like, we are not the real world, they are, and we are just the parody being written by alternate-Armando Iannucci.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

sheri posted:

Can anyone point me to somewhere that explains wtaf is going on in SA and why?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...2af1_story.html

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

ought ten posted:

Three-quarters of Japanese cars sold in America are made in America. Just lol at our idiot president

That's a genius idea Mr President. We'll get to it right away, and your hands are so big.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Ague Proof posted:

That's a genius idea Mr President. We'll get to it right away, and your hands are so big.

you're joking, but im pretty sure I saw somewhere that this is literally how every foreign ally approaches him now - by just stroking his ego so he'll do what they want.

which I think has the unintended side effect of growing his ego so he becomes even less reasonable

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ought ten posted:

:lol: did someone tell him or did they just nod and wait for him to shut up and leave?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/927373591405928450?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/PfeifferDC/status/927382075317063680

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Trump looks like he's sizing up the koi . Pulls over aid 'do I need to negotiate with these fish?'

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

you can see that all of the non-Trump people in this picture are thinking the exact same thing: "holy poo poo he really is that dumb"

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
God, he's even making his HOOOONK face as he does it.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

hi thread, have you ever stopped to consider how our dear President acts like a literal toddler??

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Aves Maria! posted:

he will then promptly dump a whole bag of food at their feet and wander off while they eat until their stomachs explode

Basically how he raised his kids

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

God

Damnit

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

idgi

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

sheri posted:

Can anyone point me to somewhere that explains wtaf is going on in SA and why?

The thing is studying politics in the Middle East and Saudi Arabia in particular is not like studying it in the US. Here politicians have to publicly communicate their intentions to donors and to mobilize supporters. Our free press is free to report events of consequence as they occur. In SA the princes don't have to take clear positions on anything, and the press will blatantly lie about anything and everything to fit the governments agenda. There's hardly anything better than speculation regarding what is happening right now, because it all hinges on the secret schemes and machinations of a tiny set of Oligarchs. Anyone not directly involved in a position to know what's going on can't say anything anyway; they're too busy keeping their head down and trying to avoid being purged.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/927373591405928450?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

its super disrespectful and also dangerous to the fish, he might as well have pissed in there too

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

our very mature and diplomatic president got bored feeding fish for a photo op, so just dumped the whole box of fish food in at once

edit: I dunno what a good analogy is, pretend he was going around shaking hands with world leaders but got bored halfway through, said gently caress it and left

while also abusing animals

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

That is not good for the fish and may have killed them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

This kind of genius innovation is why Trump is President. Why slowly spoon feed the fish when you can just dump the whole box in at once? Brilliant.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

it's really fun to imagine what the reaction would be if that was obama

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
At least he isn't wearing a tan suit.

Assuming he hasn't shat his pants recently in that pic.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

This kind of genius innovation is why Trump is President. Why slowly spoon feed the fish when you can just dump the whole box in at once? Brilliant.

Doesn't look like there was much left in the box, anyway. Of course, they probably made sure there wasn't much in the box to begin with.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"president trump, this is the famed tower of london. it is watched constantly by the yeoman warders, who follow a centuries old rit-" *trump immediately starts loving with the guards*

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

x post

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Google Butt posted:

it's really fun to imagine what the reaction would be if that was obama

this but also for everything Trump has ever said and done

And not fun just depressing

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
According to far right Daily Caller, Rene Boucher (the guy who beat the poo poo out of Rand Paul) is a registered Democrat who posted anti-Trump content to Facebook.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/04/rand-paul-assaulted-at-his-kentucky-home/

Daily Caller posted:

A Facebook account that appears to be maintained by Boucher contains numerous anti-Donald Trump postings.

On May 17, Boucher posted, “May Robert Mueller fry Trump’s gonads,” a reference to the former FBI director’s investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian government.

There are no postings on the account about Paul, though there are many others that criticize Republicans in general.

Boucher shared one post from the Occupy Democrats account citing left-wing academic Noam Chomsky’s criticism of the Republican party.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
President Michael Scott

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

You sir can go gently caress yourself.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
I really hope the toddler-king doesn't start a trend of people wearing their ties way too long, because it looks very dumb.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

boner confessor posted:

its super disrespectful and also dangerous to the fish, he might as well have pissed in there too

Imagine if Trump was having formal tea with the Queen of England and other UK dignitaries, but halfway through he got bored, poured his cup of tea on the floor, and asked if he could watch TV with KFC and a Diet Coke.

(he is very lazy and bad at protocol and decorum)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lightning Knight posted:

That is not good for the fish and may have killed them.

am I misremembering how koi work, because I'm pretty sure they're not "eat until they explode"

like, it's extraordinarily loving dumb and defeats the whole purpose of a pleasant relaxing respectful outing with the Japanese PM, but

fake edit: yeah as a one-off event President Trump has not exploded Japanese federal government fish, just don't invite him back twice a week for months

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Pellisworth posted:

Imagine if Trump was having formal tea with the Queen of England and other UK dignitaries, but halfway through he got bored, poured his cup of tea on the floor, and asked if he could watch TV with KFC and a Diet Coke.

(he is very lazy and bad at protocol and decorum)

this is it

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I guess Abe didn't really pay much attention to Trump because by now everyone should know that you don't let him take part in anything related to culture or that requires a somber or respectful atmosphere because he'll make a mockery of it somehow.

I mean the Saudis already had it figured out that you stroke his ego, keep him the center of attention, and show him things he understands like huge screens, big crowds, and glowing orbs.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I think that picture might be right up there with "stares and points up at a solar eclipse without protective glasses on". It just perfectly encapsulates everything about Trump's foreign policy.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Petr posted:

I really hope the toddler-king doesn't start a trend of people wearing their ties way too long, because it looks very dumb.

Longer ties make one not appear fat as gently caress.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Oh my god I totally forgot about the orb thing. How are we not even a year into this horseshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

BattleMaster posted:

I guess Abe didn't really pay much attention to Trump because by now everyone should know that you don't let him take part in anything related to culture or that requires a somber or respectful atmosphere because he'll make a mockery of it somehow.

I mean the Saudis already had it figured out that you stroke his ego, keep him the center of attention, and show him things he understands like huge screens, big crowds, and glowing orbs.
The thing is, I sort of get the impression that this was Abe's attempt at giving Trump a cultural/respectful thing that he couldn't possibly gently caress up. I mean, you put the spoon in the food, pick it up, and then drop it into the pond. Trump can at least do that, right? :downs:

• Locked thread