Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Hulu isn't even offered outside of USA if I remember right. Not even to Canada, our hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jerry Cotton posted:

BBC shows are free.

They're not. You are required to pay a TV licence of £147/yr to watch BBC programming

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Yes, I pay £12 a month on the off chance that there's something worth watching on a BBC channel now and then. And there rarely is.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

For those keeping score at home I don't pay for a tv licence either

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

fridge corn posted:

:chanpop:

Theresa May’s so pissed with Fridge Corn!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

fridge corn posted:

watch out for the vans

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I have a living room PC for gaming, a desktop PC for adult stuff, a ps4 pro and an xboxox as of Tuesday. Had a Switch but was unimpressed so I returned it.

But I'm moving across the world next year so I'll probably have to sell it all for pennies on the dollar.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Midjack posted:

watch out for the vans

My TV doesn't even have an aerial

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fridge corn posted:

They're not. You are required to pay a TV licence of £147/yr to watch BBC programming

Not if you don't live on Knife Crimea :mmmhmm:

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Any of you guys play that Divinity Origins game? I've never really played anything else in the series but one buddy says it's real good but doesn't really explain why. I'm playing a couple other games atm but no RPGs, what makes this one so great? I like good worldbuilding and character RP freedom above all else, is this gonna be my 12 dollar jam if I'm otherwise unfamiliar with the series?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I played divinity 2 on pc and the writing was really good in that game. same series but idk how origins stacks up, tho I hear it's a good game

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I have no idea how you would play Original Sin with a controller. It seems like it'd be painful.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Original Sin works great on a controller except the inventory management kind of sucks.

It’s a very non linear game that offered a lot of alternate ways of solving quests without telegraphing that they are there. The combat is turn based and relies heavily on you messing with environmental status effects to trigger wild chain reactions. The story is merely fine and the humour is uneven.

It’s a lot of fun but I haven’t finished it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

peope say that about shooters too so w/e. I'm sure it's fine

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exploded mummy posted:

really? at this point the only stuff that's left exclusive to consoles is basically 1st party games from Sony and Nintendo.

there's probably a long list of stuff unported in back catalogs, but even that shrinks bit by bit these days.

Okay, it's like 80% but yes really.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hopefully they port Original Sin 2 to consoles soon so people with only a ps4 can play it too.

Original Sin 2 is better than the first one in every possible way.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fuzz posted:

I have no idea how you would play Original Sin with a controller. It seems like it'd be painful.

I did and it is.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Seems to be Dragon Age 1 all over again. Think I'll skip it on console then, thanks.

Guess everyone other than war thunder devs and FFXIV still don't use the k&m native support the console has. So stupid.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Andrast posted:

Hopefully they port Original Sin 2 to consoles soon so people with only a ps4 can play it too.

Original Sin 2 is better than the first one in every possible way.

The first was so good. I tried to play poe after it and just couldnt get into it cause it wasnt goofy fun

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I wish those types of non competitive games would just allow keyboard and mouse support. You can plug them into the USB ports on a PS4 and they work fine, it's just that nothing supports them. If people want to use a mouse and keyboard on a coop oriented turn based rpg, who cares?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ineffiable posted:

Hulu isn't even offered outside of USA if I remember right. Not even to Canada, our hat.
Hulu is big in Japan.

edit: it was actually the first American video service to come here I think. When I first moved here there was that and some lovely domestic services. Now Netflix and Amazon are here and everything else is getting killed.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 5, 2017

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
In Germany both Netflix and prime are gimped.
Sky has all the rights to new hbo shows. And sky also has football (soccer) which means their core audience is idiots who pay insane amounts to watch FC Bayern become champions for the umpteenth time in a row. Therefore Sky costs 17€/month for a year and then 21.99 vs Netflix at 11 and prime at 6.

German licensing laws suck.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I played D:OS with a controller on PC because it was way better than the KB/M controls.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

I played D:OS with a controller on PC because it was way better than the KB/M controls.

Always is :shrug:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

I am currently playing it like that on my PC because while the inventory managing sucks with a controller, everything else is better or at least more convenient. And I'm a long time PC user but sometimes controllers will do better (with the exeption of FPS) than M+KB. At least on PC you can use everything at the same time, like playing Battlefield games with M+KB then picking up a controller/joystick for choppers or flying. I'd love to do the same with co-op/pve games on the ps4 to be honest.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Quick question. Are there regular seasonal sales on ps+like the steam holiday/summer sale? I really want to buy bloodborne but ideally a discount would be nice.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

In my experience there are sales every month and then themed ones. There will be a big christmas sale and maybe one at black friday.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hopper posted:

Quick question. Are there regular seasonal sales on ps+like the steam holiday/summer sale? I really want to buy bloodborne but ideally a discount would be nice.

Kind of, but bloodborne is very often just on sale in regular old weekly sales or monthly flash sales

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Chances that it'll get a sale again even before christmas. I've seen it go on sale like 5 times already since I got it on xmas sale.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

They aren't functionally bad, but rifling through that inventory loving killed me. There is so much cool stuff about that game, but so much I hated too. It's one of the few games I've quit out of sheer exhaustion as opposed to lack of interest. it really goes out of it's way to be a huge pain in the rear end in just about every dept.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Man I hope they port the new Divinity soon. I can't run it on my laptop without it looking like rear end or running like rear end.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
If you do buy console Divinity, the top tip for inventory management is: get and keep every named backpack you can find. And then put things like Ammo & quest items and recipe books in them in a system you'll remember, so you have them all in one place. I was playing with a mage who liked to lob grenades, and had a backpack full of grenades which I then mounted on the quick action bar.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Divine Divinity is pretty loving good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I really liked Divinity 2 (the one where you're a dragon, not Beyond) and wish they'd refined that for sequels instead of going for a turn-based CRPG thing.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Fuzz posted:

I wish those types of non competitive games would just allow keyboard and mouse support. You can plug them into the USB ports on a PS4 and they work fine, it's just that nothing supports them. If people want to use a mouse and keyboard on a coop oriented turn based rpg, who cares?

Honestly I'd rather they go the opposite way and come up with a solid controller interface that they then support on their PC version too.

They could even go hog-wild and use the opportunity to strip down stuff like inventory management, because inventory management sucks and isn't fun even with kb&m.

Hopper posted:

Yes, but not as reliably timed. Check out psprices.com

hampig fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 6, 2017

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Is the HZD DLC expected to preload sometime tomorrow? I just hit Check for Update on it cause I haven't booted it since platting it a few months ago and got a 700MB update to 1.4 so that doesn't seem like the expansion.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Yeah Divine and Divinity II were so cash.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Is the HZD DLC expected to preload sometime tomorrow? I just hit Check for Update on it cause I haven't booted it since platting it a few months ago and got a 700MB update to 1.4 so that doesn't seem like the expansion.

Preload should have already started, it's about 9 gig.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Preloaded/preordered Frozen Wilds because why not 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You fell for the hype. Frozen Wilds is just 9Gbs of loot crates.