Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Is there a Grim Goon for Elite if I just want to avoid the crappy crappy beginner game part?

Also, someone toss out a suggestion of class combos that they would consider to be the exact opposite of a pet build. I am halfway through elite with a Necro/Occulist pet build and it is fun but after this I'd like to try something that feels very different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Chin Strap posted:

Also, someone toss out a suggestion of class combos that they would consider to be the exact opposite of a pet build. I am halfway through elite with a Necro/Occulist pet build and it is fun but after this I'd like to try something that feels very different.

Dual-wielding Spellbreaker (Nightblade/Arcanist). Shadow-strike into the middle of a group and stab everything all at once and generally just bounce around like a ping-pong-ball.

Dual guns Purifier (Demolitionist/Inquisitor) with as many devotion procs as possible on fire strike and your gun talents. Play it like a twin stick shooter and melt your video card.

Primal-strike focused Shaman/Whatever. Be a walking heavy metal video.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

docbeard posted:

Dual-wielding Spellbreaker (Nightblade/Arcanist). Shadow-strike into the middle of a group and stab everything all at once and generally just bounce around like a ping-pong-ball.

Dual guns Purifier (Demolitionist/Inquisitor) with as many devotion procs as possible on fire strike and your gun talents. Play it like a twin stick shooter and melt your video card.

Thanks these sound perfect.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

docbeard posted:

I strongly recommend a lightning build to anyone looking for a really strong character that's great for beginners. Basically, you take Shaman and focus on either storm totem or wind devils (you need the second skill in wind devils soft-capped no matter what) and mix it with savagery. This gives you a tough, damaging, highly versatile character that deals massive damage to the whole screen at once and can tank while dealing heavy melee damage, or kite while relying on powerful ranged attacks and DoTs at need. It's a pretty classic build, but it really shines in the expansion.

I'm playing it with inquisitor, because storm box is hilariously overpowered early in the game and a really fun skill later (tether is mandatory, though! It's more important than the base skill). But it would pair well with any other class except nightblade or necromancer.

Savagery is preferable to primal strike because you don't need primal strike's AoE at all, and Savagery gives far better single target damage, which helps a lot. Savagery also comes with a line of important buffs that make a big difference to your character.

Primal strike really seems bad past veteran to mid-elite. I wish there were more gear supporting doing interesting things with it, since it's a pretty one-dimensional skill. The best gear support it has, the ultos set, supports savagery even better, and while it seems to suggest taking both and using primal strike untransmuted, I find it's hard to get enough skill points for that to make sense.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Savagery is preferable to primal strike because you don't need primal strike's AoE at all, and Savagery gives far better single target damage, which helps a lot. Savagery also comes with a line of important buffs that make a big difference to your character.

Yeah, primal strike is probably not the most optimal skill out there. I just like it so much...

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Well I now have more time in Grim Dawn than Path of Exile and it's my 2nd most played Steam game behind Dark Souls 2.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

OhFunny posted:

Well I now have more time in Grim Dawn than Path of Exile and it's my 2nd most played Steam game behind Dark Souls 2.

:patriot:

Now that it seems more people are interested in GD, I'm looking at revising the OP.

I'd like to include additional builds. If you (as in anyone that visits the thread) would like to to have one of your builds posted in the OP, feel free to make a post and note it as something to add. Give a quick little write-up of how it plays and applicable notes. Preferably the build should be HC-viable on Ultimate.

Also, is there anything in particular you'd like to see documented in OP?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Might wanna hold off on that, as Updates 1.0.3.0 & 1.0.4.0 have been announced.

1.0.3.0 should be coming in the next two weeks, and will include improved casting behavior and enhanced controller support:

Zantai posted:

What this means to you is that the casting behavior of all skills will be updated to be much more responsive. Casting a skill will make the character cast it immediately in the targeted direction rather than forcing the character to run up to the skill’s casting distance.

As an example, let’s say you try to cast the Arcanist’s Callidor’s Tempest. Currently, if you point the cursor far away from your character, your character would run up to the minimum distance that ability can be cast and then actually cast the skill. With the V1.0.3.0 improvements, it won’t matter where your cursor is on the screen. Callidor’s Tempest will cast immediately without any additional movement. A major improvement!

The other feature, which actually made the above possible, is to dramatically improve Grim Dawn’s functionality with a controller. This means much better controller configuration and custom UI elements catered specifically to the controller (note: active only while you have a controller enabled on your PC).

1.0.4.0 will be focused on upgrading the Crucible:

Zantai posted:

First up, we are introducing not one, but two new arenas for your combat pleasure. These will be available to all players who own the Crucible DLC, whether you have Ashes of Malmouth or not.

Maybe it's time for a new thread, instead of an updated OP?

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

I don't think this thread is large enough to justify the creation of a new one yet. My vote is to just add stuff to OP people would like to see.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Here's the strongest character I've ever made:

Zero DPS Deceiver

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOQzEKV

Goal: To trivialize multiplayer content entirely.

This setup has 4 different AoE heals, 3 of which are on demand, two max HP buffs, several resistance debuffs (of the stacking variety) and a ridiculous ability to control an area. Switch Inquisitor aura depending on group setup.

Several items are missing prefixes and/or suffixes in this example, and I haven't done all augments and components, which is why resistances are slightly wonky. This is on purpose, because you don't need weird BiS MIs to run this build. A Touch of Purity and a bunch of +health items are all you need to get started. The build is particularly ridiculous on Crucible. I duo'd with a friend, and we did 100-150 and 3x 130-150 on Gladiator + extra spawn and used a total of two potions between us. We never moved at any point and basically never dropped below 30k hitpoints. The character obviously only works if you play multiplayer and it's stronger in Crucible than in story mode, though it still performs well as a supportive character for stuff like Ravager, Kubacabra etc.

This setup is packing 106% elemental resist reduction and 126% cold resist reduction, all of the good kind that stacks and brings negative.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Kheldarn posted:

Might wanna hold off on that, as Updates 1.0.3.0 & 1.0.4.0 have been announced.

1.0.3.0 should be coming in the next two weeks, and will include improved casting behavior and enhanced controller support:
Ugh, that sounds awful. I want to cast A Thing where my cursor is, not where my character is currently located, 100% of the time. This is just gonna force me to guess where the gently caress I need to stand to do that and is going to involve a lot more loving around with positioning, which means a lot less time actually using abilities. And what about poo poo like Blitz and Shadow Strike, which are "move to the enemy you are currently aiming at and hit them" abilities? Am I just gonna faff about swinging at nothing? How is this going to work with ranged weapon characters, are they just gonna shoot in a direction and if you're not close enough to actually hit them then you can just get hosed? Is everyone going to have to have a (mouse) button bound to "move here" now?

This really sounds incredibly ill-conceived and I hope they scrap it, or at least really rethink it.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

The Mash posted:

Here's the strongest character I've ever made:

Zero DPS Deceiver

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOQzEKV

Goal: To trivialize multiplayer content entirely.

This setup has 4 different AoE heals, 3 of which are on demand, two max HP buffs, several resistance debuffs (of the stacking variety) and a ridiculous ability to control an area. Switch Inquisitor aura depending on group setup.

Several items are missing prefixes and/or suffixes in this example, and I haven't done all augments and components, which is why resistances are slightly wonky. This is on purpose, because you don't need weird BiS MIs to run this build. A Touch of Purity and a bunch of +health items are all you need to get started. The build is particularly ridiculous on Crucible. I duo'd with a friend, and we did 100-150 and 3x 130-150 on Gladiator + extra spawn and used a total of two potions between us. We never moved at any point and basically never dropped below 30k hitpoints. The character obviously only works if you play multiplayer and it's stronger in Crucible than in story mode, though it still performs well as a supportive character for stuff like Ravager, Kubacabra etc.

This setup is packing 106% elemental resist reduction and 126% cold resist reduction, all of the good kind that stacks and brings negative.

Looks interesting. Added it to the OP build list.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Yawgmoth posted:

Ugh, that sounds awful. I want to cast A Thing where my cursor is, not where my character is currently located, 100% of the time. This is just gonna force me to guess where the gently caress I need to stand to do that and is going to involve a lot more loving around with positioning, which means a lot less time actually using abilities. And what about poo poo like Blitz and Shadow Strike, which are "move to the enemy you are currently aiming at and hit them" abilities? Am I just gonna faff about swinging at nothing? How is this going to work with ranged weapon characters, are they just gonna shoot in a direction and if you're not close enough to actually hit them then you can just get hosed? Is everyone going to have to have a (mouse) button bound to "move here" now?

This really sounds incredibly ill-conceived and I hope they scrap it, or at least really rethink it.

This is kind of one of those changes you have to see, play and feel in action before you can properly judge it. It could be, like you surmise, a bad design direction. I would caution we should at least test it out before arriving at a decision. My gut tells me it'll make the game feel more responsive.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

quote:

What this means to you is that the casting behavior of all skills will be updated to be much more responsive. Casting a skill will make the character cast it immediately in the targeted direction rather than forcing the character to run up to the skill’s casting distance.

As an example, let’s say you try to cast the Arcanist’s Callidor’s Tempest. Currently, if you point the cursor far away from your character, your character would run up to the minimum distance that ability can be cast and then actually cast the skill. With the V1.0.3.0 improvements, it won’t matter where your cursor is on the screen. Callidor’s Tempest will cast immediately without any additional movement. A major improvement!

I absolutely hate this. Do people not know you can just press shift to stay put and cast?

Edit: Oh...they're consolizing Grim Dawn.

Ugh.

Edit: On further testing this only happens when you put Callidor's Tempest or the like on RMB. So I guess it's fine.

Stokes fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 6, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ugh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think the change is a bit unnecessary since hold shift already does pretty much the same thing, but it'll be nice to not have to hold shift anymore at least.

edit: That said, I don't really get why people are ugh-ing at this change, because for me personally, the character moving when I don't specifically press the move button is the one thing I cannot stand about the controls. Outside of automating my melee attacks to stick to the enemy, the character should stand completely still unless I press the button to move them because the game's just not smart enough to ever put them in a more advantageous position than where I'm chose to stand. If I'm out of range for a cast, just either say I'm out of range or have the cast fire and miss, don't move my dude straight into a pack of enemies because the game assumed that making sure I can hit that enemy is suddenly my number 1 priority.

edit again: Also, if this means I can now plug in a controller and play grim dawn like a twin stick shooter with a range build, then this is the best change ever and I love it

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 7, 2017

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'll see how it plays out in practice, but I can see it being a bit of a pain when using nonstandard attacks as your melee attack (Calidor's Tempest being an example they used is not a great sign).

They're usually pretty smart about design, though, so I'll give them some benefit of the doubt here.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

docbeard posted:

I'll see how it plays out in practice, but I can see it being a bit of a pain when using nonstandard attacks as your melee attack (Calidor's Tempest being an example they used is not a great sign).

They're usually pretty smart about design, though, so I'll give them some benefit of the doubt here.

This is kinda where I'm at.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

CJacobs posted:

edit: That said, I don't really get why people are ugh-ing at this change, because for me personally, the character moving when I don't specifically press the move button is the one thing I cannot stand about the controls.
It's one thing I love about the controls, honestly. I like not needing to dedicate a button to movement. It makes life so much simpler for me to just bind an attack to LMB and have it be "if that's an enemy I click, kill it. Else, move there" than to have one button be "go here" and another be "kill mans". This feels like it's going to be way, way more trouble than it's worth just so a handful of people can use an xbox controller instead of a keyboard+mouse.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

^^ Hopefully this will remain the function of LMB, and just RMB and MMB get changed. I know that's why you can't assign certain skills to LMB, at least. Hopefully.

I for one am stoked as gently caress, I basically stopped using Flash Freeze on my Spellbinder or Storm Totem on my Vindicator because binding them to RMB or MMB makes them move your character rather then using them immediately. Of course, the potential downsides don't affect me because I hate melee and never use it*, so sorry peeps who are negatively impacted by this, hope it's well-implemented and not dumb!

* When I was playing Spellbinder I was like "Okay, why does Callidor's Tempest exist when it's just Flash Freeze but much shorter range and therefore much less good?" It took me an embarassingly long time to remember 'oh yeah, some people actually LIKE getting close to enemies instead of nuking them from the farthest distance possible.'

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 7, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Yawgmoth posted:

It's one thing I love about the controls, honestly. I like not needing to dedicate a button to movement. It makes life so much simpler for me to just bind an attack to LMB and have it be "if that's an enemy I click, kill it. Else, move there" than to have one button be "go here" and another be "kill mans". This feels like it's going to be way, way more trouble than it's worth just so a handful of people can use an xbox controller instead of a keyboard+mouse.

The problem they're fixing here though is that your character does that when they don't need to.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I don't know much about the mechanics of this game, but i know in similar games where you want to leap slam in a particular direction, but you accidentally click slightly out of range, so your character walks a bit first before doing the jump. its annoying as gently caress and I read the patch notes as addressing situations like that.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Man, leveling with a Necromancer is so much easier. I have 4 characters I haven't got to 80 yet in the range of 45-75 and Necro is just so much faster than the others.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I really hate how you move if you attack someone out of range, so I welcome the change a lot

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Lechtansi posted:

I don't know much about the mechanics of this game, but i know in similar games where you want to leap slam in a particular direction, but you accidentally click slightly out of range, so your character walks a bit first before doing the jump. its annoying as gently caress and I read the patch notes as addressing situations like that.

League of Legends does this on a per-skill basis which is clearly the correct answer.

For a movement ability, you'll generally prefer to move as far as you can in a given direction, so it's good if those skills fire instantly if used out of range.

PBAoEs should fire instantly if used on anything but LMB and should reposition your character to actually hit the target if used on left click, because left click is also your move button.

For line attacks with a limited range (Forcewave), I'm a bit torn. I think if they have a cooldown, they should move your character, as the alternative would lead to wasted spells.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

^^ Hopefully this will remain the function of LMB, and just RMB and MMB get changed. I know that's why you can't assign certain skills to LMB, at least. Hopefully.

I for one am stoked as gently caress, I basically stopped using Flash Freeze on my Spellbinder or Storm Totem on my Vindicator because binding them to RMB or MMB makes them move your character rather then using them immediately. Of course, the potential downsides don't affect me because I hate melee and never use it*, so sorry peeps who are negatively impacted by this, hope it's well-implemented and not dumb!

* When I was playing Spellbinder I was like "Okay, why does Callidor's Tempest exist when it's just Flash Freeze but much shorter range and therefore much less good?" It took me an embarassingly long time to remember 'oh yeah, some people actually LIKE getting close to enemies instead of nuking them from the farthest distance possible.'

People use Flash Freeze?

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Pvt.Scott posted:

People use Flash Freeze?

Sarcasm? It's probably the best leveling skill in the game. Clears entire screens if trash with one click.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

So the game’s been freezing a lot for me today in menus such as crafting and dialogue. It flows on pretty well outside of that, just some occasional frame drops but I chalk that up to my GPU being garbo. The freezes are getting really frustrating though

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

HandsomeBen posted:

Sarcasm? It's probably the best leveling skill in the game. Clears entire screens if trash with one click.

I think devouring swarm or whatever that shaman spell is called is (slightly) better, but i haven't played in several patches either.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I've never invested the points into flash freeze to make it a viable screen-clearer on its own, but I love it as an "oh poo poo things are too close to me" spell.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

See Runic Games just got shut down, really must play TL2 through properly sometime, always got so far and then stopped, probably due to my own insistence on always starting on the hardest difficulty which is very grindy.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Dahbadu posted:

I'd like to include additional builds. If you (as in anyone that visits the thread) would like to to have one of your builds posted in the OP, feel free to make a post and note it as something to add.
Some people like my cabalist build, so here it is: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mMgDG2

It's pretty simple to run, you just run your horde of pets into anything that moves and buff them if there's anything hero+ in the pack. Curse of Frailty with Wendigo's Mark is as insane as Dahbadu claims; it'll keep you alive through basically anything that isn't a boss all on its own. Turtle Shell along with Reaper and Greaves also provide a drat good amount of "oh poo poo" procs that should save you from anything the wendigo can't. I have an extra 4 points in Spectral Binding because I like the hp; you could put those Into CoF, Blight Fiend, or Reap Spirit if you like.

The rings are kind of gross to try to get (I know I'm still trying) so here's a few options (apply Mythical when you get to the right level):
  • Spiritbinder Glyph has extra pet OA which is always welcome, and a very relevant proc. Pretty similar resists to the MIs too.
  • Signet of the Damned is fantastic, since between CoF and Bone Harvest you should be tossing out Sigils of Consumption like rice at a wedding.
  • Sigil of the Depraved is also pretty amazing for shooting down that troll with a rifle that is hanging out just off screen, or doing a bit of extra hurt to the boss you're fighting.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Yawgmoth posted:

Some people like my cabalist build, so here it is: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mMgDG2

It's pretty simple to run, you just run your horde of pets into anything that moves and buff them if there's anything hero+ in the pack. Curse of Frailty with Wendigo's Mark is as insane as Dahbadu claims; it'll keep you alive through basically anything that isn't a boss all on its own. Turtle Shell along with Reaper and Greaves also provide a drat good amount of "oh poo poo" procs that should save you from anything the wendigo can't. I have an extra 4 points in Spectral Binding because I like the hp; you could put those Into CoF, Blight Fiend, or Reap Spirit if you like.

The rings are kind of gross to try to get (I know I'm still trying) so here's a few options (apply Mythical when you get to the right level):
  • Spiritbinder Glyph has extra pet OA which is always welcome, and a very relevant proc. Pretty similar resists to the MIs too.
  • Signet of the Damned is fantastic, since between CoF and Bone Harvest you should be tossing out Sigils of Consumption like rice at a wedding.
  • Sigil of the Depraved is also pretty amazing for shooting down that troll with a rifle that is hanging out just off screen, or doing a bit of extra hurt to the boss you're fighting.

Looks like a good pet build. Glad we have one now. Thanks for putting this together! I'm adding it to the OP.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

Yawgmoth posted:

What are your thoughts on the differences between yours and this build: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56793

Namely the other build seems to like much more in occultist than you it seems.

Chin Strap fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 7, 2017

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Chin Strap posted:

What are your thoughts on the differences between yours and this build: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56793

Namely the other build seems to like much more in occultist than you it seems.
Some of the gear differences are just a matter of preference; I'm not a fan of the rings because the conversion to chaos doesn't really do anything for me but are obviously gonna be better with near-capped Hellfire and the like, the pants are something I was considering for my build, and the belt and medal seem useful if a little lackluster.

The skill points are a little weird since he's got so many +mastery effects but seems to be actively avoiding getting the most from them. Skipping Ember Claw, Infernal Breath, and Lightning Strike are in particular weird because they're all useful, especially as 1-point wonders that soak up +Occultist. Same for having +3 Necromancer but not even taking a point in those middle modifiers for attacks. Going that deep into Occultist just for Manipulation also seems a bit strange; +25% total speed is great, but I don't know if it's worth 28 skill points. He's also got zero damage absorption, and Mark of Torment is my RMB because it's that good.

The constellations aren't bad but man he's got some weird binding choices: Eldritch Fire should be on CoF since it's a 0-cooldown power with RR that also spreads (and then may use a point to get Sigil of Consumption for dryad). As much as I love Revenant flavorwise, it's just not good for a pet-based build. It's much better served by a vitality caster or similar build. You'd think he'd pull those points to go for Bysmiel's Bonds to get an extra pet and a pile of pet buffs.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

Yawgmoth posted:

Some of the gear differences are just a matter of preference; I'm not a fan of the rings because the conversion to chaos doesn't really do anything for me but are obviously gonna be better with near-capped Hellfire and the like, the pants are something I was considering for my build, and the belt and medal seem useful if a little lackluster.

The skill points are a little weird since he's got so many +mastery effects but seems to be actively avoiding getting the most from them. Skipping Ember Claw, Infernal Breath, and Lightning Strike are in particular weird because they're all useful, especially as 1-point wonders that soak up +Occultist. Same for having +3 Necromancer but not even taking a point in those middle modifiers for attacks. Going that deep into Occultist just for Manipulation also seems a bit strange; +25% total speed is great, but I don't know if it's worth 28 skill points. He's also got zero damage absorption, and Mark of Torment is my RMB because it's that good.

The constellations aren't bad but man he's got some weird binding choices: Eldritch Fire should be on CoF since it's a 0-cooldown power with RR that also spreads (and then may use a point to get Sigil of Consumption for dryad). As much as I love Revenant flavorwise, it's just not good for a pet-based build. It's much better served by a vitality caster or similar build. You'd think he'd pull those points to go for Bysmiel's Bonds to get an extra pet and a pile of pet buffs.

Thanks, interested in seeing the differences explained. Still pretty new to this and in Act 3 on Elite with a Cabalist. Had been following his build, likely to give yours more of a shot.

Is there a way to reset my respec costs? I've respeced so much pointwise already that it is getting annoyingly expensive.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Chin Strap posted:

Thanks, interested in seeing the differences explained. Still pretty new to this and in Act 3 on Elite with a Cabalist. Had been following his build, likely to give yours more of a shot.

Is there a way to reset my respec costs? I've respeced so much pointwise already that it is getting annoyingly expensive.
Let me know how it goes for you!

I know GD Defiler lets you reset a bunch of things really simply, but pretty much any of the character editors should be able to do it with a minimum of effort. GD Stash is supposedly really good for a number of things but I'm not keen on setting up a Java VM.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Grab GD Defiler. Really easy to use and it can reset + refund a mastery in 1 click.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yawgmoth posted:

I know GD Defiler lets you reset a bunch of things really simply, but pretty much any of the character editors should be able to do it with a minimum of effort. GD Stash is supposedly really good for a number of things but I'm not keen on setting up a Java VM.

There's a Windows EXE version the author made. I use that, and gd-edit, a command line tool. I've yet to find anything those two can't do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

boho posted:

Using Grim Goonette (seriously, thank you for this) I made a Ritualist (Necro/Shaman) drain build that hasn't broken a sweat against anything in Ultimate yet: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVbK5qgZ

I'll probably get rid of Ill Omen (it doesn't work on things that matter, and everything else dies to the Ravenous Earth/Wendigo/Storm Totems + Drain Essence channeling) and Reap Spirit (Aether Tendril from Aethersteel Bolts is a devastating LMB, no need to double up). I'll probably take those points and redistribute them into Aether-converted Siphon Souls for one more DoT damage source, or possibly even Grasping Vines (for larger area and stronger snare).

This build has been amazing so far. Easily one of the most survivable fresh Grim Goon/Goonette builds I have played on Ultimate.