Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They'll overdub it with someone reading a different script like normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I guess I'm not to happy with the winner of the bake off. They were consistant but boring the whole way. Is that really what should win?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I was genuinely impressed by I Always See You (Doing Cool Stuff), I would never have thought Nish and Mark had it in them.

How long until the next season? :(

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

Rarity posted:

I was genuinely impressed by I Always See You (Doing Cool Stuff), I would never have thought Nish and Mark had it in them.

How long until the next season? :(
I believe a two-part Champion of Champions is coming around Christmas. As for a series, no idea!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Taear posted:

I guess I'm not to happy with the winner of the bake off. They were consistant but boring the whole way. Is that really what should win?
Nah she was definitely creative enough. You don't not deserve to win just because you're consistent and can play to your strengths, that's dumb.

They clearly deliberately tailored the challenges in the last week to the contestants and she did really well with the bread task considering she's struggled with it in the past.

She deserved to win. That cake looked incredible!

Akuma fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Nov 2, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That loving coconut challenge killed me.

I hope the Champion of Champions series has at least one task involving the Golden Heads of Greg.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Akuma posted:

Nah she was definitely creative enough. You don't not deserve to win just because you're consistent and can play to your strengths, that's dumb.

They clearly deliberately tailored the challenges in the last week to the contestants and she did really well with the bread task considering she's struggled with it in the past.

Agreed. I think she deserved it for sure. I was surprised at how well Kate held up, I was sure she’d be out early on.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Akuma posted:

She was just boring.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Taear posted:

She was just boring.
Are you judging her personality or her ability?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Taear posted:

She was just boring.

You're the reason Britain's Got Talent is all sob stories and singers now :nsamad:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Sophie was a deserved winner out of the current crop, Kate was lucky not to be out earlier and Stephen seemed to be in on merit from his early weeks.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Stephen just shat it on his final bake

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Akuma posted:

Are you judging her personality or her ability?

The latter.

At least Stephen did some exciting stuff.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Heads up. Avoid that celebrity gogglebox if you have sadbrains. Jesus Christ it was laying it on really thick with the dead brave cancer kiddies and dead brave cancer mothers.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

learnincurve posted:

Heads up. Avoid that celebrity gogglebox if you have sadbrains. Jesus Christ it was laying it on really thick with the dead brave cancer kiddies and dead brave cancer mothers.

Did Jeremy have a cry

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
hehhhhh

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

lmao good poo poo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Holy poo poo Apex.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Julio Cruz posted:

Holy poo poo Apex.

That was amazing/terrifying.

Those school kids were so sweet :3:

That Rapid team leader is .... a bit bizarre, but a cool way to get engineers to work with you.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Rondette posted:

Those school kids were so sweet :3:

They're from my area, and students of Will from Aftershock :3:

I'm sad that Rapid didn't do the massive tech failure thing again. There sure are a lot of dickheads on that show huh.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Mr. Squishy posted:

and the fog of war is loving stupid.

Yeah, this is the first time I've ever seen an episode of Robot Wars, but it really seems like the first thing that should happen in the meeting room after someone says "We could fill the arena with fog so no one can see what's going on" is someone else throwing a mug at their head and shrieking "WE'RE A loving TELEVISION SHOW, THE WHOLE POINT OF DOING TV IS TO SEE WHAT'S GOING ON!"

Just a baffling thing to even try, really.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Trilobite posted:

Yeah, this is the first time I've ever seen an episode of Robot Wars, but it really seems like the first thing that should happen in the meeting room after someone says "We could fill the arena with fog so no one can see what's going on" is someone else throwing a mug at their head and shrieking "WE'RE A loving TELEVISION SHOW, THE WHOLE POINT OF DOING TV IS TO SEE WHAT'S GOING ON!"

Just a baffling thing to even try, really.

It's like they know it is a bit poo poo, given how much they were going on about HOW GREAT IT IS YOU GUYS.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I literally came here to post about how funny it is that they’re trying so hard to justify the Fog of War, like in the first fight this week Jonathan was talking about how it really made a difference etc

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

It's just everybody does nothing for ten seconds. There could be whoever is most ready once it's gone thing, but it's always the same amount of time so that doesn't really work either.

Apex deciding it couldn't go on was the best. And really, any time somebody wrecks part of the arena and whatnot is great.

That ten-way rumble is going to either be amazing or poo poo. And the latter would probably be amusingly so

McDragon fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 6, 2017

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

McDragon posted:

It's just everybody does nothing for ten seconds. There could be whoever is most ready once it's gone thing, but it's always the same amount of time so that doesn't really work either.

Apex deciding it couldn't go on was the best. And really, any time somebody wrecks part of the arena and whatnot is great.

That ten-way rumble is going to either be amazing or poo poo. And the latter would probably be amusingly so

The only thing it's useful for is getting your massive flywheel death spinner up to speed (followed by catastrophic failure lol).

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
https://twitter.com/LEMacKz/status/927267730000154625

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

McDragon posted:

That was some good poo poo, especially Dara doing his stupid Dara laugh about how the blade smashed through the first sheet of bullet proof glass but missed the second one that the audience were just behind.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Nice show on Ch4 right now about football yobs getting questioned by the police for being racist dickheads on the train. Mildly satisfying

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
!!!!

Band of brothers just came up on on Sky on demand.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Is that a British TV programme?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Well most of the actors are anyway.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Same goes for Game of Thrones but I wouldn’t count that as British telly.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The hit tv show the wire was a classic piece of British television.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I love it when someone with a lovely attitude gets so thoroughly owned.

https://i.imgur.com/fcu9uzl.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/wg2c737.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/EUHLCej.gifv

Its right up there with the cocky new owners of Dantomkia in the first series of the revival.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Detectorists is back on Beeb 4 tonight.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I love it when someone with a lovely attitude gets so thoroughly owned.

https://i.imgur.com/fcu9uzl.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/wg2c737.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/EUHLCej.gifv

Its right up there with the cocky new owners of Dantomkia in the first series of the revival.

This is the guy who was on the last two series with Foxic, Craig Danby, and it's weird because everything I've read about him says that he's one of the nicest guys in the scene, that he helps everyone out as often as he can (he was responsible for keeping Carbide going when it was on its last legs in the first series, for example). His brother built Apex for last series.

Acting out for the camera, or just a bit of a dickhead?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I mean, definitely acting for the camera. Like, it's not subtle that the producers want "characters" to fill in their hour-long show and have a few quiet words with the roboteers that seem game.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Rondette posted:

Detectorists is back on Beeb 4 tonight.

This surprised me when I heard that, I am curious how things will go. It seemed all wrapped up last year now.

But it is pleasant and laid back to watch so yeaaah!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Next you'll be telling me that Wolf from Gladiators was putting it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

This surprised me when I heard that, I am curious how things will go. It seemed all wrapped up last year now.

But it is pleasant and laid back to watch so yeaaah!

Just watched it (hooray for being bed bound with sickness! ) and it is just as lovely and charming as ever. They could have left it where it was but they have got some interesting directions going, and the last couple of minutes gave me goosebumps. But that might be the illness.