Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Croatoan posted:

How do you not recognize Marlon Brando? Am I just old now or something?

death is inescapable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Croatoan posted:

How do you not recognize Marlon Brando? Am I just old now or something?

I was shocked no one got that one right.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Sir Lemming posted:

:stare:

the Lego lady

Did anybody else find how enthusiastic she was about touching Alex uncomfortable?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

WampaLord posted:

I was shocked no one got that one right.

I imagine most people's mental image of Marlon Brando is either Vito Corleone or Colonel Kurtz (or maybe Stanley Kowalski if you're a film buff, but then you'd probably get that question anyway just from knowing Oscar history).

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
My girlfriend and I found that clue to be one of those, "Wait, what are they asking?" moments. She did recognize Brando, though.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

CPColin posted:

My girlfriend and I found that clue to be one of those, "Wait, what are they asking?" moments. She did recognize Brando, though.

Some day, on a celebrity Jeopardy or something, I want them to do a category where they purposely make it hard to tell which part of the answer you're supposed to be filling in.

Actually not on a celebrity Jeopardy because there'd be no difference

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
That was a really easy final jeopardy question for ToC.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Colonial Air Force posted:

That was a really easy final jeopardy question for ToC.

I kept second guessing myself because I thought there was no way it could be that easy.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
That Buzzy guy has to be in contention for dweebiest Jeopardy contestant. Jesus.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Buzzy owns

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

zakharov posted:

Buzzy owns

:siren: Buzzy account spotted. :siren:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
i am looking forward to Wednesday to see some of y'all melt down when Austin airs.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Croatoan posted:

i am looking forward to Wednesday to see some of y'all melt down when Austin airs.

I'm looking forward to the Dankest Meme Lord getting another run this evening.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I'm looking forward to the Dankest Meme Lord getting another run this evening.

I want the final to be Buzzy, Spiciest Memelord, and Austin.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Ha ha, they actually had a "hey Austin's back tomorrow!" commercial.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

PT6A posted:

I want the final to be Buzzy, Spiciest Memelord, and Austin.

I've got bad news for you...

Also, wanna try that beer she mentioned in the "Alex asks players questions people usually don't care to hear the answers to" segment.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

WarEternal posted:

That Buzzy guy has to be in contention for dweebiest Jeopardy contestant. Jesus.

Buzzy kinda looks like one of the charicature avatars from the old console Jeopardy games.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I've got bad news for you...

Also, wanna try that beer she mentioned in the "Alex asks players questions people usually don't care to hear the answers to" segment.

Spiciest memelord could still get a wc spot

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Ouch.

That $5 Daily Double was ICE COLD.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

bad week for memelords

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Alan :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
How does a software engineer not know who Kevin Mitnick is :|

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Catching up on a few episodes...

Alan really needed to calm down a little, dude was spazzy.

Austin was actually likable on this appearance. His, 'Oh, now I get get!" mad me laugh (because I didn't get it until that point either...).

And Buzzy looked like if the worst parts of NPR took human form and tried to be funny.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 9, 2017

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I liked Alex's polite "gently caress you, your check is right over there when you lose today" in response to Austin bitching about not getting paid yet.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Austin is guaranteed a semis spot now since Sam and tubbo didn't break 16k, right?

edit: yeah confirmed

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Who won tonight? I found out too late that my local Jeopardy channel broadcast the ep earlier today because of football.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Mister Kingdom posted:

Who won tonight? I found out too late that my local Jeopardy channel broadcast the ep earlier today because of football.

Lisa

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Thanks.

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Weird, the pasty, chubby, bearded dude was a manga expert.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

There's no better feeling than when your quasi-educated guess for FJ turns out right.

Corvus corone
Oct 14, 2012
Does anyone know why they're all wearing black ribbons?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
For Cindy

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Justin found the "S" that Andrew dropped earlier

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
LOL at the assassins. Yes, a religion with 1 million adherents today.

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
Man, the Richie Tenenbaum cosplayer got ripped off on Final Jeopardy.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Syzygy Stardust posted:

LOL at the assassins. Yes, a religion with 1 million adherents today.

Don't erase us you bigot.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Corvus corone posted:

Does anyone know why they're all wearing black ribbons?

Zesty posted:

For Cindy

They're dark blue, but yeah, this. Surprised Alex hadn't mentioned it in passing, or if he had, I missed it. Maybe he's saving it for the semis or the finals, I dunno.

Alan killed it a couple days ago and just buzzsawed through Austin, which was surprising. Andrew killing it today, too bad Justin bet too much on Final to push himself out of a Wild Card spot. At least the meme queen is in on one of them.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

GhostStalker posted:

They're dark blue, but yeah, this. Surprised Alex hadn't mentioned it in passing, or if he had, I missed it. Maybe he's saving it for the semis or the finals, I dunno.

Alan killed it a couple days ago and just buzzsawed through Austin, which was surprising. Andrew killing it today, too bad Justin bet too much on Final to push himself out of a Wild Card spot. At least the meme queen is in on one of them.

One of the players brought it up during his interview on monday.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

GhostStalker posted:

Well well well, look who skips the anecdotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

GhostStalker posted:

too bad Justin bet too much on Final to push himself out of a Wild Card spot
This floored me. Has $16k ever not been enough to land the wild card in the history of the ToC?