Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The Young Lions Cup is continuing on the two Road to Tokyo Dome shows as well as the Lion's Gate show on Dec 21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So happy to see my brother, the monster Jeff Cobb, teaming with Big Mike

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

abraham linksys posted:

Kelly and Callis are pretty good now; I just wish they were a tad less smarky (though they're so much better than e.g. Striker, or a lot of indie commentary) and had more enthusiasm during undercard matches

I really like watching the English streams now though because they do a great job providing context that isn't always obvious, especially in multi-mans with a few angles going on. For as much as NJPW isn't great about having an English-friendly web presence, it definitely seems like they're providing the commentary with a lot of notes

They're a little eye-rolley sometimes but I kinda like their smarkiness. Like, their bit about how everybody in that organization was selling like crazy for the Young Bucks. It probably went a bit too far, but I was laughing, so I'm glad they went a little overboard with it than if they hadn't done it at all.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Keith Lee is tagging with Nagata against BUSHI and Naito at one of the RevPro shows. What I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised to hear talk of Keith Lee getting a NJPW run at some point next year.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 6, 2017

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm not a fan of Kelly and Callis though a lot of that is because my roommate and my girlfriend have started watching NJPW with me and neither of them would really consider themselves wrestling fans or smarks. I cringe a lot when I listen to them through the ears of a casual fan and they make Yujiro's entrances even more of a turn off.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I like Kelly but Callis is bad bring back Corino

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm not a fan of Kelly and Callis though a lot of that is because my roommate and my girlfriend have started watching NJPW with me and neither of them would really consider themselves wrestling fans or smarks. I cringe a lot when I listen to them through the ears of a casual fan and they make Yujiro's entrances even more of a turn off.

Japanese commentary is far superior. its like opera.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, we just listen to Japanese commentary and I answer their questions or we google it to fill in the story holes.

E: they also prefer the Japanese announcers screaming rainmaker over the half-hearted Super Kick shouts from Callis everytime the Bucks lift their legs.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 6, 2017

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
I don’t care if they never win the star teams at least are drivers of the best matches of the tournament.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Next card:

LION'S GATE PROJECT 9
November 16th at 5:00 EST/ 10:00GMT
Shinjuku FACE

Young Lion's Cup Match:Tomuyuki Oka [2] vs. Ren Narita [0]
Young Lion's Cup Match:Katsuya Kitamura [2] vs. Syota Umino [0]
Young Lion's Cup Match:Hirawi Kawato [2] vs. Tetsuhiro Yagi [0]
Manabu Nakanishi and Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Dinosaur Takuma(K-Dojo) and Kotaro Yoshino(K-Dojo)
Ryusuke Taguchi vs. GO Asakawa (K-Dojo)
Yuji Nagata and Satoshi Kojima vs. Yuma Aoyagi (AJPW) and Daisuke Kanehira (HEAT UP)

WTL Opener:

WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2017
November 18th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Hirai Kawato and Syota Umino vs. Tetsuhiro Yagi and Ren Narita
War Machine and Tomoyuki Oka vs. Bullet Club (GoD and Leo Tonga)
Elgin, Cobb, Finlay, and Kitamura vs. CHAOS (Ishii, YTR, and Best Friends)
TenCozy, Nagata, and Nakanishi vs. Bullet Club (Fale, Yujiro, Owens, and Page)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe and Henare vs. Suzuki-gun (KES and El Desperado)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Will Ospreay, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
WTL Block A Match:CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka)
WTL Block A Match:Juice Robinson and Sami Callihan vs. L.I.J (EVIL and SANADA)

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I'm not sure I'll ever be able to take Jay White seriously. He looks like a 14 year old pretending to be a wrestler.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

VJeff posted:

Finally, some hope for Cena/Tanahashi being possible.

Given how quickly Cena is sliding into part-time status it's at least possible if unlikely. The big issue to me is that Cena seems like the guy to be under a WWE contract of some sort for the next 20 years, but WWE could work out a deal with NJPW to share some revenue or something, or we could see it go the other way and have Tanahashi vs. Cena in a WWE match.

I would love to see that match at a Wrestle Kingdom with Cena having learned a fair amount of Japanese on top of his Mandarin to cut some wild promos in the build too, even if it's just all pretape remotes.

If it ever happens I think it'd have to be at Wrestlemania (where the audience is guaranteed to be full of hardcores who will flip out for the match) or Wrestle Kingdom.

I mean, it's possible Cena will go out of contract for like 6 months and do crazy international dream matches in between movie roles just for the hell of out, so it's fun to think about.

For now I expect Jericho/Omega to be fun, though I worry about Jericho's ability to keep up with the crazy pace set by stuff like the Omega/Okada matches.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jericho probably wanted his WWE contract to expire while he does Fozzy yours as he gets total freedom over his media appearances and what not. WWE has a lot of control over their "independent contractors".

As awesome as it would be, Cena is never stepping into an NJPW ring barring some sort of insane meltdown with the McMahons.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Who wants poorly-timed Bullet Club Marty rifle umbrellas

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

harperdc posted:

Watch New Japan make a PS4 streaming app and only release it in the Japanese PSN store :v:

Also I’d bank on WK12 getting more than 40,000 in. Probably 45k if the early sales are any indication.

it's going to outsell last year but I don't envision it increasing by 15,000

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

it's going to outsell last year but I don't envision it increasing by 15,000

Getting 40,000 people in the building would only be an increase of a few thousand. They still paper but announce the paid.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I just realized Ibushi vs Suzuki at the dome could be a hilarious match if they go for that

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I Before E posted:

I just realized Ibushi vs Suzuki at the dome could be a hilarious match if they go for that

it's gonna be Cody vs. Ibushi for the ROH belt.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ibushi is announced for cody’s roh title defense

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

gently caress I forgot about Cody

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Please tell me Chuck Taylor is officially in chaos

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Who wants poorly-timed Bullet Club Marty rifle umbrellas

That just seems like a bad idea in general tbh

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I'll get the chromecast

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Jericho vs Omega is gonna be amazing but what I'm really interested in is seeing Chuck Taylor interact with Yano in a New Japan ring

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

checksin posted:

he thinks that he might be. we'll get the official word when they show the on-screen match card for the first show of the tour and we can see if he has the (CHAOS) label

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Super No Vacancy posted:

he thinks that he might be. we'll get the official word when they show the on-screen match card for the first show of the tour and we can see if he has the (CHAOS) label

There are thirteen members of CHAOS that I can think of, including Chuck. I care about like four of them.

There are five members of LIJ, and I love them all.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Your Boy Fancy posted:

There are thirteen members of CHAOS that I can think of, including Chuck. I care about like four of them.

There are five members of LIJ, and I love them all.

Ohh, let's see if I can do it without Googling....

Okada
Gedo
Jado?
YTR
Ishii
Goto
YOSHI-HASHI
Ospreay
Rocky?
Roppongi 3K?
Beretta?

poo poo, who did I miss?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gaz-L posted:

Okada
Gedo
Jado?
YTR
Ishii
Goto
YOSHI-HASHI
Ospreay
Rocky?
Roppongi 3K?
Beretta?

poo poo, who did I miss?

The Briscoes!

(have they even wrestled in NJPW since the Long Beach show?)

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Gaz-L posted:

Okada
Gedo
Jado?
YTR
Ishii
Goto
YOSHI-HASHI
Ospreay
Rocky?
Roppongi 3K?
Beretta?

poo poo, who did I miss?

the random adjacent members like the briscoes and sakuraba. chuck will be listed as a member most likely.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

the random adjacent members like the briscoes and sakuraba. chuck will be listed as a member most likely.

Wait, Sakuraba is in CHAOS?

The gently caress? :psyduck:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Chuck's teaming with a CHAOS member and is with them for multimans, He may or may not be offical but he's clearly at least in the same CHAOS ally category as the Briscoes as well as the Kingdom before they left.

Gaz-L posted:

Wait, Sakuraba is in CHAOS?

The gently caress? :psyduck:

he was but he's no longer with the company. he became YTR's partner once IIzuka turned and was even in one of the recent YTR VTRs

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Take a look at the former CHAOS member list:

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Im so happy for Chuck Taylor!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

marufuji was in chaos according to kinpuro RIP

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TUS posted:

Same. He's a pretty likable guy and far worse talents have gotten the friend contract.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

checksin posted:

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/927694609928671233

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Aesop Poprock posted:

That just seems like a bad idea in general tbh

AFAIK they're only actually selling them in Japan, where you can buy toy guns that look exactly like real guns because nobody has any real guns

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Those umbrellas already exist without the Bullet Club branding anyway.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

checksin posted:

TUS posted:

:yeah::woop:

Please tell me that they're actually going to have a non-Hard Cam video of them vs Yano/Ishii...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/rainmakerXokada/status/927720539241639936

• Locked thread