Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Just cause it’s an easy schedule, doesn’t make Kirk Cousins a good QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Probably an unbiased response

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
lmao

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

It's not too bad from a QB perspective, especially come playoffs

89 posted:

Just cause it’s an easy schedule

"18th easiest," hmm, how many teams are in the NFL again? I was wondering how misleading that graphic was, and it looks like it was definitely misleading.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

89 posted:

Just cause it’s an easy schedule, doesn’t make Kirk Cousins a good QB

Cousins gets a lot of hate, but the last two games were played in really lovely rainy conditions against good defenses. His entire offensive line is basically dead, and his receivers are mostly garbage. Washington really missed the ball not trading for Benjamin or Hilton at the trade deadline. Additionally, that fumble was not his fault and I'm annoyed that he was credited with it.

Actually, none of these things makes me want to start him in fantasy, except I'm stuck...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Frustrated posted:

Cousins gets a lot of hate, but the last two games were played in really lovely rainy conditions against good defenses. His entire offensive line is basically dead, and his receivers are mostly garbage. Washington really missed the ball not trading for Benjamin or Hilton at the trade deadline. Additionally, that fumble was not his fault and I'm annoyed that he was credited with it.

Actually, none of these things makes me want to start him in fantasy, except I'm stuck...

He’s done.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
In one of my leagues, I had my main qb on bye, was up against the Elliott owner while I had Morris, I started Fournette because it's 2AM when the early games start in my time zone, I started Lacy for some reason, and still won thanks to Goff and Kelce bailing me out.

In my other league, I had no excuses and put up a giant turd against the near-last place team.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Frustrated posted:

I’m still glad I traded Cooper for him, especially silly since he was the 2nd rostered qb for the guy who picked up Watson.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AnacondaHL posted:

It's not too bad from a QB perspective, especially come playoffs

It might get even easier given how the Giants have apparently quit on their coach.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Starting to regret trading Doug Baldwin + CMC for Mike Evans a few weeks ago.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Leperflesh posted:

"18th easiest," hmm, how many teams are in the NFL again? I was wondering how misleading that graphic was, and it looks like it was definitely misleading.

32, so 18 of 32 being average. There is almost nothing misleading about that graphic. I addressed the misconception that Cousins had some brutal schedule, when really it's average, and even favorable for fantasy playoffs.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Got offered a trade of my Cam Newton for his TY Hilton. My initial instinct was to say no, but I'm trying to figure out a way to trade Cam for an upgrade at WR, and Hilton actually is a minor upgrade over what I've got. Cam sits on my bench because I have Alex Smith, but I need someone to cover Smith's bye next week. It's a 14 team league, so the best QB on waivers is Brissett.

My team
QB - Smith, Newton
WR - Amari Cooper, Paul Richardson, Adam Thielen, Travis Benjamin, Donte Moncrief

His Team
QB - Bortles, Garoppolo
WR - Hilton, Devin Funchess, Robby Anderson, Golden Tate, Tyler Lockett, Dontrelle Inman

I'm kind of tempted to trade him Cam and Cooper, for his Bortles and maybe Tate, Anderson, or settle for Hilton. Hilton is so boom/bust, and his booms are against truly terrible teams, which there aren't many more of those left on Indy's schedule. Any ideas?

Edit: 0 PPR, standard scoring league.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

RCarr posted:

Let’s not get carried away here. He was supposed to be suspended for 9 weeks now, saying he “is almost certain to be suspended starting next weekend” is laughable.

This is his last appeal. 2nd circuit upheld Brady. It is “almost certain” unless there’s 1) a reversal of the court’s precedent of 2) some sort of settlement reached between him and the NFL, both of which seem unlikely.

This is coming from a Zeke owner who was frantically trying to trade him away for a lesser RB all week.

tonic fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 6, 2017

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Fentry posted:

Dammit Julio

This but all season.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

tonic posted:

This is his last appeal. 2nd circuit upheld Brady. It is “almost certain” unless there’s 1) a reversal of the court’s precedent of 2) some sort of settlement reached between him and the NFL, both of which seem unlikely.

This is coming from a Zeke owner who was frantically trying to trade him away for a lesser RB all week.

I've been downvoted to poo poo on reddit for saying this same thing. Apparently, the new appeal is a different thing. It says basically that they know Goodell can do whatever he wants with no regard to the law. However, this is damaging to Zekes character and is totally out of line since the law said he is in the clear.

People say that it has a chance to be overturned because it's basically an attack on his character which will label him as an abuser and has more ramifications than just a few NFL games. I think this is a crock of poo poo, and Bradys case is absolutely relevant.

Either way, Zeke will play the entire year.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I'm still holding out hope he get suspended for FF playoffs just because the smugest person in my BML has him.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

I've been downvoted to poo poo on reddit for saying this same thing. Apparently, the new appeal is a different thing. It says basically that they know Goodell can do whatever he wants with no regard to the law. However, this is damaging to Zekes character and is totally out of line since the law said he is in the clear.

People say that it has a chance to be overturned because it's basically an attack on his character which will label him as an abuser and has more ramifications than just a few NFL games. I think this is a crock of poo poo, and Bradys case is absolutely relevant.

Either way, Zeke will play the entire year.

Hmm. Guess I’ll hold out some hope. Still not sure why the NFLPA agreed to a contract where Goodell can suspend players for any reason he sees fit.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

32, so 18 of 32 being average. There is almost nothing misleading about that graphic. I addressed the misconception that Cousins had some brutal schedule, when really it's average, and even favorable for fantasy playoffs.

The two misleading things about that graphic are that it picks an arbitrary number to be the cutoff between red/green background vs. totally white background - a cutoff which makes there be more green than red - and, it calls 14th hardest "18th easiest". If it's on the hard end of the scale, it should use the adjective for that end of the scale, not the adjective that implies the schedule going forward is on the easy end of the scale.

A good graphic would say "14th hardest" and would shade the backgrounds of the numbers on a sliding scale based on their distance from the middle.

Your own statement, that it was a favorable schedule for the playoffs, is correct of course, but I was referencing the graphic itself, not your statement. Kirk Cousin's schedule rest-of-season is moderately harder than average, although two of his last three games are moderately easier than average.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

The two misleading things about that graphic are that it picks an arbitrary number to be the cutoff between red/green background vs. totally white background - a cutoff which makes there be more green than red - and, it calls 14th hardest "18th easiest". If it's on the hard end of the scale, it should use the adjective for that end of the scale, not the adjective that implies the schedule going forward is on the easy end of the scale.

A good graphic would say "14th hardest" and would shade the backgrounds of the numbers on a sliding scale based on their distance from the middle.

You also have to rule out the QB's who it doesn't matter their schedule that you aren't going to play before saying how hard the schedule is.

For example I think Mia, Chi, Hou, Ind, etc probably have easier schedules, but you aren't going to play any of those QB's over Cousins.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to move Hunt this week for some value before people realize just how much he's dropped off since week 3.

Just sent:
Hunt
ASJ
DT

for

Kamara
Gronk

in my 10man 0ppr league to the guy who is 2-6 and hanging on the edge of playoffs with a win this week.

Here's hoping or at least he rejects it quickly so I can start looking other places. Already hit up the Bell owner but Hunt being on bye next week hurts.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If your league includes week 17 for the playoffs it should be disbanded.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Zeke's hearing is scheduled for Thursday.

I hope he at least plays this week so that if he ends up getting suspended I don't have to use a roster spot on him in the hopes that I will make the finals and he will play.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Man Hunt, Evans, and Crabtree let me down this week. Poop.

Next weeks looking like the Funchess, Dthom, and uhh Buck Allen Show.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

Man Hunt, Evans, and Crabtree let me down this week. Poop.

Next weeks looking like the Funchess, Dthom, and uhh Buck Allen Show.

Hope your tickets are refundable, because the Buck Allen Show is on Bye, followed by the season premiere of the hit drama Danny Woodhead Returns.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Alfalfa posted:

Trying to move Hunt this week for some value before people realize just how much he's dropped off since week 3.

Sure, but have you looked at his upcoming schedule?

Of all the other RB1s, no one has a less intimidating path ahead

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

Hope your tickets are refundable, because the Buck Allen Show is on Bye, followed by the season premiere of the hit drama Danny Woodhead Returns.

Knew I shoulda checked byes before posting.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zypher posted:

Sure, but have you looked at his upcoming schedule?

Of all the other RB1s, no one has a less intimidating path ahead

If they keep shying away from the run and trying to let Alex Smith (who I also own) win games, that means West will be in much more since he can pass block and Hunt cant.

Plus Kamara is trending towards more usage, has already had his bye, and only faces one tough defense (Rams)/maybe Bills this week rest of year (Bills, Redskins, Rams, Panthers, Falcons, Jets, Falcons).

Even if they are a wash ROS, upgrading ASJ to Gronk is huge and I'm hoping Hunt's big flashy name will be able to let me do that.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Alfalfa posted:

I think people realized long before you did that Hunt would not average 150 yards and 3 TDs a game.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

TommyGun85 posted:

I think people realized long before you did that Hunt would not average 150 yards and 3 TDs a game.

Well of course but he's still a flashy trade bait name and has averaged enough points the rest of the games to not come across as a bust or flash in the pan.

I withdrew the trade offer until I hear back from the Bell owner. If I can't swing something for Bell then I'll probably just hold onto Hunt.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Would I be giving up too much if I tried turning Antonio Brown and Tarik Cohen into Kareem Hunt and Devante Parker? I would really like the three-headed monster of Howard/Caff/Hunt to go along with Baldwin and Parker ROS. I think it would work well for him with Murray and Abdullah anchored by Brown, Tate, and Hopkins if he can continue to be productive. 14 team, 0 PPR, standard scoring:

Me:
QB: Tyrod Taylor
RB: Howard, McCaffrey, Forte, Cohen
WR: Brown, Baldwin, Maclin, Agholor, (Gordon, Westbrook)
TE: Brate
D: Jags
K: Succop/Butker

Him:
QB: Jameis
RB: Hunt, Murray, Abdullah, Riddick
WR: Hopkins, Tate, Parker, Sanu
TE: Rudolph, Watson
D: Seahawks, Ravens
K: Elliott

I also wouldn't mind upgrading Brate, offering Brown/Cohen for Hunt/Rudolph and going with Maclin as WR2 ROS.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bird in a Blender posted:

Got offered a trade of my Cam Newton for his TY Hilton. My initial instinct was to say no, but I'm trying to figure out a way to trade Cam for an upgrade at WR, and Hilton actually is a minor upgrade over what I've got. Cam sits on my bench because I have Alex Smith, but I need someone to cover Smith's bye next week. It's a 14 team league, so the best QB on waivers is Brissett.

My team
QB - Smith, Newton
WR - Amari Cooper, Paul Richardson, Adam Thielen, Travis Benjamin, Donte Moncrief

His Team
QB - Bortles, Garoppolo
WR - Hilton, Devin Funchess, Robby Anderson, Golden Tate, Tyler Lockett, Dontrelle Inman

I'm kind of tempted to trade him Cam and Cooper, for his Bortles and maybe Tate, Anderson, or settle for Hilton. Hilton is so boom/bust, and his booms are against truly terrible teams, which there aren't many more of those left on Indy's schedule. Any ideas?

Edit: 0 PPR, standard scoring league.

Why isn't this a mash? Sure Hilton is inconsistent, but Cam has flitted in and out of unstartability.

Here's my week 9 biggest surprises and disappointments. Fascinating facts coming in a few hours.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/927622917894139904

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

TommyGun85 posted:

Nobody thought he would do that but 20ish points per game in PPR wasn't unreasonable to hope for. He hasn't exceeded 20 since week 3.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Philly and the Chiefs both have byes next week.

Lmao see you next week this is over half my team.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So if you're truly desperate for a QB next week, you could probably do worse than Fitz against his old team, the Jets? Maybe?

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

So if you're truly desperate for a QB next week, you could probably do worse than Fitz against his old team, the Jets? Maybe?

Revenge game lol

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Poque posted:

Would I be giving up too much if I tried turning Antonio Brown and Tarik Cohen into Kareem Hunt and Devante Parker? I would really like the three-headed monster of Howard/Caff/Hunt to go along with Baldwin and Parker ROS. I think it would work well for him with Murray and Abdullah anchored by Brown, Tate, and Hopkins if he can continue to be productive. 14 team, 0 PPR, standard scoring:

Me:
QB: Tyrod Taylor
RB: Howard, McCaffrey, Forte, Cohen
WR: Brown, Baldwin, Maclin, Agholor, (Gordon, Westbrook)
TE: Brate
D: Jags
K: Succop/Butker

Him:
QB: Jameis
RB: Hunt, Murray, Abdullah, Riddick
WR: Hopkins, Tate, Parker, Sanu
TE: Rudolph, Watson
D: Seahawks, Ravens
K: Elliott

I also wouldn't mind upgrading Brate, offering Brown/Cohen for Hunt/Rudolph and going with Maclin as WR2 ROS.

Cohen is lukewarm bench fodder. He’s easily in droppable territory. I also don’t see him parting ways with Hunt. His RB2 situation is messy.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

One-game suspension for Mike Evans

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Rotoworld posted:

Jake Butt - TE - Broncos

Nov 6 - 3:58PM

Broncos placed TE Jake Butt (right knee) on injured reserve, ending his season.

A 6-foot-6 in-line tight end prospect, Butt should crack the 53-man roster next summer if he's back to full health.

ok which one of you goons writes for rotoworld (edit: didnt even read it all the first time lmao)

right up there with Ha Ha Clinton Dix and the most not fake fake player names of the season

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

on the bored wop posted:

One-game suspension for Mike Evans

The Bucs suck but I really need Evans to play to not make my bye week WR nightmare even worse. File that appeal!

• Locked thread