Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Lord Hydronium posted:

They pronounced it that way in an episode of Archer once and it took me a few moments to even realize what they were saying. And how do those people pronounce AT-ST?

"Chicken Walker"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I definitely remember my wingmen in the Rogue Squadron game saying imperial walker, at at, and a t a t for whatever that’s worth.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Il Federale posted:

It is pronounced "A, T, A, T." Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVNMOKIUrgw

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"AT-AT" sounds better than "A.T.A.T."

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Spelling out every acronym partially defeats the purpose of having acronyms and makes it sound as though you are trying to conceal what you're talking about from a three-year-old.

"I sure do love those Jedi and their L - A - S - E - R swords."

In other news, apparently Daisy Ridley is great at Star Wars secrets, terrible at Werewolf/Mafia secrets.

homullus fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Nov 5, 2017

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I wonder if they used any alt power roles to balance for player numbers.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i had a dream the other day where i became a jedi knight and they were going to promote me to jedi master but i told them that i wasn't quite ready for that title and went on to say that the title of jedi knight was pretty cool. they thought otherwise but respected my wishes. that;s my jedi knight story.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

a.lo posted:

i had a dream the other day where i became a jedi knight and they were going to promote me to jedi master but i told them that i wasn't quite ready for that title and went on to say that the title of jedi knight was pretty cool. they thought otherwise but respected my wishes. that;s my jedi knight story.

What color was your L.A.S.E.R. sword?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
https://twitter.com/cnbcnow/status/927604378013446144

Could this mean we finally get that unaltered OT release?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pops Mgee posted:

https://twitter.com/cnbcnow/status/927604378013446144

Could this mean we finally get that unaltered OT release?

Monopolies are bad.

Serf
May 5, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Monopolies are bad.

not an emptyquote

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

Monopolies are bad.

Lol. Disney can buy the whole world and make it a theme park where you have to pay to breath the air as long as I can finally watch A New Hope without 2 seconds of CG Jabba.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

a.lo posted:

you lack ambition

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

Monopolies are bad.

Yeah, gently caress that merger.

Besides, the despecialized editions have you covered.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

UmOk posted:

Lol. Disney can buy the whole world and make it a theme park where you have to pay to breath the air as long as I can finally watch A New Hope without 2 seconds of CG Jabba.

Imagine if no copyrights.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

MonsieurChoc posted:

Monopolies are bad.

Eh, it's not like it's cars or phone lines or something; it's just media and information, the least powerful commodities imaginable.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

General Dog posted:

Eh, it's not like it's cars or phone lines or something; it's just media and information, the least powerful commodities imaginable.

This is sarcasm right?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It pretty clearly was.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

This plus a few other old starwars ads (r2d2 & c3po anti smoking ad) aired before a screening of Rogue One when I went to see it a second time as an independent cinema, no modern ads or trailers, just old star wars ads and a ROTJ on VHS ad which was great.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

For it to be a monopoly you would have to prove the market for circa 1985 versions of Star Wars OT exists

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Finally we can get AvPvJ!

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Finally we can get AvPvJ!

I'm choosing to believe the J is for Jar Jar.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Filthy Casual posted:

I'm choosing to believe the J is for Jar Jar.

He would win

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Moose King posted:

"Chicken Walker"

The only canonical source of names I accept are on the backs of late 70's, early 80's action figure cards.

Shout out to my main man Hammerhead and his buddy Snaggletooth.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Joe Johnston says he is retiring after the next Narnia movie so no Star Wars movies by him unfortunately.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
These are all the actual names of Star Wars things and everything else posted in this thread is false.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r-R070qHYw

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The MSJ posted:

Joe Johnston says he is retiring after the next Narnia movie so no Star Wars movies by him unfortunately.

That's sad to hear. Captain America and The Rocketeer are favorites of mine.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Another thing I just read: Mark Hamill had to make sure the way he plays Luke in the new movies is based on the actual script instead of his headcanon.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

My guess is he came to the planet for the ancient temple, and stayed for the porgs. Trained one to fetch his shoes. You know what it didn't do? Kill all the other porgs and burn down his house.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The MSJ posted:

They are still making Narnia movies? :psyduck:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

They are still making Narnia movies? :psyduck:

I mean, they are pretty famous works of literature. Don’t know how the last few movies did, though, especially after moving from Disney to Fox.

The new one will apparently star Eleven from Stranger Things.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

The MSJ posted:

Didn't he design the X-wing?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm glad he thought to consult Johnson. Michael Gambon didn't read any Harry Potter novels because he believed it wouldn't help him create the Dumbledore in the screenplays and he built the character from the script and from working with directors. It doesn't bother me at all that Hamill is trying to fill in the last 30 years so long as he was on the same page as Johnson.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/928742250510774272

A new trilogy just got announced. /Not/ Episodes X-XII.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
HOLY poo poo. Awesome. Lucasfilm must be super hype on TLJ.

SW.com posted:

For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

Teek fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 9, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's gonna be about porgs

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Were I️ a betting man, I️ would put money on:
2019: Episode IX
2020: Rian 1
2021: _______: A Star Wars Story
2022: Rian 2
2023: ______: A Star Wars Story
2024: Rian 3
2025: Episode X

That'll give us a good solid breather from Episodic Skywalker Saga, but also give us the standalone spinoffs (fill in the blanks with Obi-Wan/Fett/Jabba/whatever)

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Whats the era? My guess is Old Republic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Popete posted:

Whats the era? My guess is Old Republic.

I️ hope it is temporally distant from the Saga as we know it. Either far past or distant future.