Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008

These are both ridiculous but at least the second one has flavors and textures that work together. That Mumbai Monstrosity (tm) puts black olives on top of loving pineapple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I seriously hate the food trend of "Jack as much poo poo into this thing as possible so people can instagram it then take 3 bites and take the rest home"

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

OutsideAngel posted:

These are both ridiculous but at least the second one has flavors and textures that work together. That Mumbai Monstrosity (tm) puts black olives on top of loving pineapple.

You, friend, have obviously never experienced the MagicTM of a Hawaiian Haystack.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

I seriously hate the food trend of "Jack as much poo poo into this thing as possible so people can instagram it then take 3 bites and take the rest home"
Or throw it out, in the case of Starbucks's Zombie Frappuccino:

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008

LogicalFallacy posted:

You, friend, have obviously never experienced the MagicTM of a Hawaiian Haystack.

Despite living in Hawaii for almost a decade, I can safely say that I have not.

Also from a quick google it looks like haystack is what would happen if a donburi and a tostada smoked a lot of meth and had a baby and that baby grew up to be a schizophrenic.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Hirayuki posted:

Late-Stage Capitalism: Wasting food for likes

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hirayuki posted:

They were actually still selling those at Disney Springs as of yesterday. They don't look anything like brains in real life (more like purple whipped cream; I didn't realize what it was supposed to be until I saw that advertising image), but the people who got it said it was pretty good. Looks like it's essentially a caramel apple flavor.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

The example looks photoshopped, unless my eyes are deceiving me. How is the top of the latte angled with the top "swoop" of the waffle cone?

Coffee is a liquid. You just hold the cone at an angle for the photograph

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

OutsideAngel posted:

Despite living in Hawaii for almost a decade, I can safely say that I have not.

Much like Hawaiian pizza, the Hawaiian haystack has jack poo poo to do with Hawaii. It was invented by Utah Mormons, a people also known for continuing the tradition of putting anything they can get their hands on into "jello salads"

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Hirayuki posted:

The animal part of my brain refuses to recognise this as something safe to ingest and just puts it straight into the category with poisonous mushrooms and other potentially toxic substances.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

chitoryu12 posted:

They were actually still selling those at Disney Springs as of yesterday. They don't look anything like brains in real life (more like purple whipped cream; I didn't realize what it was supposed to be until I saw that advertising image), but the people who got it said it was pretty good. Looks like it's essentially a caramel apple flavor.

I liked it v:shobon:v and yeah, it was basically caramel apple with a raspberry whipped cream. My whipped cream looked... sorta brain-ish, I suppose. They tried!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ignite Memories posted:

Coffee is a liquid. You just hold the cone at an angle the camera for the photograph

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Holy poo poo how many people in this thread live in Florida?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
lots of FL goons (sup)

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

Coffee is a sandwich.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sneakyfrog posted:

lots of FL goons (sup)

hell, same

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

https://twitter.com/lucethoughts/status/927360798178947072

This seems like a terrible idea for so many reasons.

Not as awesome as the AVOLATTE

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I had a zombie frap. It was good.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Eh, I've read mixed reviews. I guess it depends on whether you're getting it to try a possibly-interesting new drink or if you just want to be part of the in crowd on Instagram.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Enfys posted:

The animal part of my brain refuses to recognise this as something safe to ingest and just puts it straight into the category with poisonous mushrooms and other potentially toxic substances.

On the other hand, I'm colourblind so to me it just looks like strawberry flavoured cream?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

On the other hand, I'm colourblind so to me it just looks like strawberry flavoured cream?

Well that explains your issues with wallpaper I guess

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Aesop Poprock posted:

Well that explains your issues with wallpaper I guess

drat you totally beat me to that one.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The whipped cream looks like strawberry pink, with a biohazard-yellow base and a drizzle of fake blood separating the two.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

The Saddest Rhino posted:

ok how about this sandwich cake topped with tiny pastries

Smörgåstårta! :neckbeard::respek::sweden:

Kind of old fashioned, served at old people birthdays, funerals, and building co-op board meetings.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

axolotl farmer posted:

Smörgåstårta! :neckbeard::respek::sweden:

Kind of old fashioned, served at old people birthdays, funerals, and building co-op board meetings.

Ever since I was 8 or 9, I liked smörgåstårta more than normal cake for birthdays.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

La Brea Carpet posted:

Not as awesome as the AVOLATTE

Why would it not be "Avocatte"?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

von Braun posted:

Ever since I was 8 or 9, I liked smörgåstårta more than normal cake for birthdays.

I keep seeing these weird sandwich cakes and most of them actually look pretty good to me and I really want to try one but they also look like a pain in the rear end to make

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

von Braun posted:

Smörgåstårta is just straight up better than almost all forms of birthday cake.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I keep seeing these weird sandwich cakes and most of them actually look pretty good to me and I really want to try one but they also look like a pain in the rear end to make

You're basically just making a slightly more elaborate sandwich once you've baked your bread-equivalent to the sponge.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Brocktoon posted:

Because

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Catacado

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

Avocato?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Avogato

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ich Hass dich

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I almost expected it to end with raw eggs being smashed all over it because it looks like the sort of ridiculously over-the-top thing How To Basic would do.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Brocktoon posted:

beaten slightly but

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Hirayuki posted:

Why would you throw it out? It looks amazing. I wish the Starbucks in Australia would sell goofy poo poo like this.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

beaten slightly but

I can't stop laughing at this. Poor fucker.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Crosspost that cat in the schadenfreude thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Magic Hate Ball posted:

beaten slightly but

This is amazing. I can't stop laughing at the bottom right