Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What is a yalm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

A yard, who’s length is equal to a metre

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

But then it'd be a meter and not a yard :psyboom:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A yalm is 1/3 of the distance at which you can reach a monster with a melee attack, duh.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Phone posted:

What is a yalm

Three fulms, if I'm not mistaken.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Eorzea: ilm/fulm/yalm/malm/onze/ponze
:911:: inch/foot/yard/mile/ounce/pound

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the biggest injustice in this game is they add emotes for the three exercises in the one punch man workout but there's no word for kilometre in the eorzea vocabulary

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A thousand yalms is close enough.

Now replace Tornado Kick with Serious Punch.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thundarr posted:

A thousand yalms is close enough.

Now replace Tornado Kick with Serious Punch.

A thousand yalms is like 1 tenth of the distance :colbert:

so I guess 10 thousand yalms would have to do

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

the biggest injustice in this game is they add emotes for the three exercises in the one punch man workout but there's no word for kilometre in the eorzea vocabulary

The metric system is a tool of the Seven Hells!

My chocobo gets 40 fulms to the ponze of feed, and that's the way I likes it!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Leofish posted:

The metric system is a tool of the Seven Hells!

My chocobo gets 40 fulms to the ponze of feed, and that's the way I likes it!

So I tied a Thavnarian onion to my belt, which was the style at the time.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Heh! Hard to click on the wrong thing when you use a controller. Heh. :smug:

*tries to activate retainer bell, turns off tonberry lamp instead

poo poo!

I said at the time that any house that TPT moved to, even if it *was* the plot 30/60 mansion, would be a slight downgrade from the beachhouse.

I was loving right, and the market board/retainer bell/aethyrite near the new house infuriate me because of how closely they are packed next to eachother.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Connection issues happening, it seems.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Connection issues happening, it seems.

At least its not me. Though SA is also having connection issues, maybe comcast caught on fire. I cannot load anything from Square Enix's website and the launcher is blank whenever I open it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Leal posted:

At least its not me. Though SA is also having connection issues, maybe comcast caught on fire. I cannot load anything from Square Enix's website and the launcher is blank whenever I open it.

I've read that it's a more widespread thing yeah, though I'm on UK Virgin Media so it's a bit wider spread than just comcast alone.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
A few people this weekend were saying that I was teleporting all over the dungeon (central NC here).

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A thousand yalms is like 1 tenth of the distance :colbert:

so I guess 10 thousand yalms would have to do

A kilometer is one thousand meters. One yard yalm is about .9 meters, thus 1000 yalms is about .9 kilometers.

Close enough. :colbert:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh Comcast appears to have a huge outage

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've had some issues here in Asia so it's probably something server-side.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

It's level3's fault as usual.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
If you mash the Engage button while you have an Arcanist, they will throw out multiple Shadow Flares at once. :allears:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Boogalo posted:

It's level3's fault as usual.

I swear, over half of our company's outages inevitably get traced back to "Level 3 hosed up." :argh:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So what’s Ifrit-Egi good for these days? Pre-Stormblood, I used him for single-target DPS (i.e., boss battles) and Garuda for mob clearance, but now that Garuda’s been revamped to boost magic damage on a single target, what’s Ifrit’s niche? Eight-man PVE where every other member of Team DPS does physical damage?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Darth Walrus posted:

So what’s Ifrit-Egi good for these days? Pre-Stormblood, I used him for single-target DPS (i.e., boss battles) and Garuda for mob clearance, but now that Garuda’s been revamped to boost magic damage on a single target, what’s Ifrit’s niche? Eight-man PVE where every other member of Team DPS does physical damage?
Everything, even AoE. You might make a case where Garuda is better with a bunch of casters but it's gonna be a lot of work not so great gains outside of the opener.

Beyond that probably just keep an eye on how much travelling ifrit has to do to his targets. His shits always had higher numbers but the faster CD now means more ruin4 procs and radiant shield is good now (as long as it's working anyway).

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 7, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ifrit is just all around better. He does more damage, he hits more often for more Ruin 4s, he boosts your party's physical dps, and best of all you can leave him on sic.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Ifrit is just all around better. He does more damage, he hits more often for more Ruin 4s, he boosts your party's physical dps, and best of all you can leave him on sic.

Fair enough. That also apply when soloing?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Pretty much. Only real exception is pulling out Titan-egi for a FATE boss or something you can't safely facetank.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Something is amiss.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 7, 2017

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Darth Walrus posted:

Middling SMN here, there are basically two use cases for Garuda right now. One is in Savage pulls, where you start the fight with her out and on Obey, have her use Contagion, then immediately switch to Ifrit-egi on Sic. The second would be if you have more than one caster in your party, in which case the Contagion magic resistance debuff might outweigh Ifrit-egi's higher damage and attack speed/Ruin IV procs.

Titan-egi is for solo content and occasionally in dungeon runs where your tank disconnects, there's not any reason that I've ever seen to use him in serious content unless someone's come up with a very out-there gimmick.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I've finally killed all of the World Bosses in XIV. :dance:

Now if I could just do Prey Online one more time for the horns and Behemoth two or three more times so I can get some of that fancy loot, I'll be in business.

Edit: On an unrelated note, does my room look nice (at least from the angle you see it)? I plan on getting a few more decorations, but I'm happy with how it came out so far.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Nov 7, 2017

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Now if I could just do Prey Online one more time for the horns and Behemoth two or three more times so I can get some of that fancy loot, I'll be in business.

Edit: On an unrelated note, does my room look nice (at least from the angle you see it)? I plan on getting a few more decorations, but I'm happy with how it came out so far.

Great use of light, but it's a box. Try playing around with subdividing the room, or at least having a centerpiece in the middle.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You have two pictures of two turds and Raubahn on the wall, you might want to clean that up.

Also like Jorge Bell says, try partitions to give it a more house like feel rather than it being a cube.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

That said, I really do like the layout. What wallpaper is that?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

That said, I really do like the layout. What wallpaper is that?

I think it's the stained crystal wallpaper, meant to evoke ST.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa3iK4Gnxqo

Bahamut clear

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Awesome

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
So the big 300k attack before ahk morn is indeed a party stack.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Obviously, that group is one of the best in the world but Golden doesn't look incredibly terrible to deal with in the context of the fight, seems like an issue of getting the hang of that phase. The number of things you have to deal with are hugely cut back by comparison so it almost seems like a breather compared to trios/octet/twin+nael phase.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Golden is definitely just a burn phase. Finishing the nael/twin adds in time looks rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Also, I believe it's confirmed that you need Bahamut Prime Azul below 60% before Octet or Bahamut Prime Dorado will be enraged and kill you.