Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I love these guys

executing caim.exe :kheldragar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

euphronius posted:

Man I hope this game turns around mood wise . This is a bummer

you must be new here :stare:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Shei-kun posted:

Looking back with my current knowledge of what happens...

don't do this

Malah
May 18, 2015

Shei-kun posted:

Looking back with my current knowledge of what happens...

Yeah, he still earned it.
:wrongful:

The Dark Id posted:

don't be a wink-nudge dick that knows what is going down. Nobody likes that kind of jerk
The logic virus is spreading without our 2B to choke a bitch out. :regd09:

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

judging from context, dude is saying that they're looking back on previous routes from where we are now

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

fractalairduct posted:

judging from context, dude is saying that they're looking back on previous routes from where we are now
Exactly this. I know nothing of the game beyond what's been shown in the LP. If I knew more, I would not be making "hint hint" posts because those are horrible.

Edit: It is entirely possible I will regret dunking on 9S later when I see more of the game.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Happy ending: Nines is wedgied by Emil.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

jyrque posted:

Happy ending: Nines is wedgied by Emil.

Eh, I can't see Emil doing something like that. He's a nice boy.

A2 might though. And one or both Pods would record it and talk Emil into selling copies.

SarahSyna
Oct 24, 2015
All the posts dunking on 9S just make me decide to like him more.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

9S isn’t a great character, really, but i’m sympathetic towards him. He’s had a bad day.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Nines is a dweeb but I like him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nines once hacked a robot in Reno, just to watch him self-destruct.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
9S is really just BroNier without cute personable companions to soften his edge.

In short, he's a jerkboy

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
He's just a dork. A dork who's been thrown in the trenches without much of a choice, so it's sort of understandable that he's got a few issues here and there.

FrankZP
Nov 11, 2015

AIGHT SHITBIRDS, IT'S EXPLOSION TIME!
When YoRHa have issues with their emotions, standard operating procedure is to tell them "don't have 'em, it's prohibited", and the practically only available coping mechanism for anything is "go planetside and take it out on the machines for a while", at least until E-Drugs came along. It's a god-drat miracle 9S isn't even more of a mess.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

FrankZP posted:

When YoRHa have issues with their emotions, standard operating procedure is to tell them "don't have 'em, it's prohibited", and the practically only available coping mechanism for anything is "go planetside and take it out on the machines for a while", at least until E-Drugs came along. It's a god-drat miracle 9S isn't even more of a mess.

(Don't forget kilifish collecting.)

In this context, A2's desertion and eternal murder-spree is actually a pretty reasonable coping tactic for her PTSD.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Is it really desertion if you're basically doing the exact same thing you'd have been ordered to do?

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Is it really desertion if you're basically doing the exact same thing you'd have been ordered to do?

It's more like counterfeit machine murder? Unlicensed machine murder? Theft of brand?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Jetrauben posted:

It's more like counterfeit machine murder? Unlicensed machine murder? Theft of brand?

Kill piracy, maybe?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Well, presumably Command would like to have her do something that didn't involve machine murder once in a while.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kill stealing really

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
So I decided to reread his Dirge of Cerberus LP and I see Id used to do a “Tune in next time for X, Y, Z” gag.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Wow, crazy

Makrond
Aug 8, 2009

Now that I have all the animes, I can finally
become Emperor of Japan!

Materant posted:

As far as I can tell, the actual reason everyone in the Amusement Park got zombied is because they were on the network when Eve went nuts. Though that doesn't really explain everyone else unless everyone else got off the sinking, burning ship.

It hasn't been shown in the LP for some reason but there are cannibal stubbies running around alongside the regular machines now, so it's implied that not every machine went nuts in the same way. The amusement park machines kind of intentionally take on a different meaning depending on whether or not you did the stamps sidequest and found the zombie machines in the basement. I don't know if it gets explained but if it does then the LP will get to it in due time.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Kill piracy, maybe?

Maybe they could grant her a letter of marque? It'd be fine then.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Makrond posted:

It hasn't been shown in the LP for some reason but there are cannibal stubbies running around alongside the regular machines now, so it's implied that not every machine went nuts in the same way. The amusement park machines kind of intentionally take on a different meaning depending on whether or not you did the stamps sidequest and found the zombie machines in the basement. I don't know if it gets explained but if it does then the LP will get to it in due time.

Given what we learned about Simone's backstory and how this poo poo is going down now that she's gone, I'd say the answer is obvious: Jean-Paul is Future-Robot-Wesker and he's released the RoboT-Virus. For the sake of resuming Party Time, A2 or 9S needs to find him and kick the crap out of him.

I'm not sure if he deserves it more for being Wesker or more for being Jean-Paul though.

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 6, 2017

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Humans are extinct but I wonder if they're actually gone or not. It seems like through multiple apocalypses, they persist in some form or another.

Also, poor Nines.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, Emil is still trucking along which is a net positive for humanity. :unsmith:

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Hypocrisy posted:

Also, poor Nines.

Well now that he's hit rock bottom it can only get better from here.

Right?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The S actually stands for Sufferings and he's only been through about two or three tops. Four if we count S****e.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

AirborneNinja posted:

Right?

This is :yokotaro:

You can always go lower than rock bottom in his games.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Bufuman posted:

Given what we learned about Simone's backstory and how this poo poo is going down now that she's gone, I'd say the answer is obvious: Jean-Paul is Future-Robot-Wesker and he's released the RoboT-Virus. For the sake of resuming Party Time, A2 or 9S needs to find him and kick the crap out of him.

I'm not sure if he deserves it more for being Wesker or more for being Jean-Paul though.

The latter without a doubt. At least Wesker could chew on scenery with the best of them.

AirborneNinja posted:

Right?

"If you hit rock bottom you can always start digging." - Yoko Taro, probably

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

AirborneNinja posted:

Right?

https://i.imgur.com/LBM55wY.mp4

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

HR12345 posted:

So I decided to reread his Dirge of Cerberus LP and I see Id used to do a “Tune in next time for X, Y, Z” gag.

Clock Tower had probably the best of these. :allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

This gif always makes me smile and appreciate the single greatest thing the Spider-Man movies gave us. Perfectly casted Jameson.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

AirborneNinja posted:

Right?

You're new to :yokotaro:, aren't you? Things tend to not get better in his stories.

(Unless by 'better' you mean 'worse', in which case yes, things can only get 'better' from here.)

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Chokes McGee posted:

Clock Tower had probably the best of these. :allears:

Second place would be Old/Blind/Dead People and all pics being Ray Charles.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Internet poster TheDarkId is a funny person.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

ManSedan posted:

Internet poster TheDarkId is a broken person.
:yokotaro:

sincere thanks to TDI for all the laughs over the years, I've been a fan since 4 resident evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Where should I post my LP of DarkID’s LP of Drakengard 3?

• Locked thread