Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i can't believe wwe is forcing a talentless hack like asuka down people's throats

eva marie wouldn't be getting this reaction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jason Jordan officially added to Team Raw. Ton of boos

holy lol pls tape Raw more often

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It was added to the previous post, but may as well post it here anyways:

Asuka was added to the RAW Womens Team. So either the result is changing, or they are pulling the plug on Asuka at Survivor Series. I'm inclined to believe WWE is going to feed the Smackdown Women's Division to Asuka, and have Alexa lose that night.

Also Bayley and Sasha are getting boos/no reactions as well. Hahaha.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

if they actually pulled the plug on asuka at survivor series (which isn't happening, there's no way they'd do that) would that be the fastest fall from grace for an NXT star yet?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

if they actually pulled the plug on asuka at survivor series (which isn't happening, there's no way they'd do that) would that be the fastest fall from grace for an NXT star yet?

Yep. Nia didn't lose until her Survivor Series team match 6 months after her callup, Joe didn't lose until 5 months after his, Bayley had 3 or 4 months

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
She got a ton of hype and then had two competitive matches with the division's resident jobber, then fired the jobber almost right away I don't know what anyone in charge of RAW thought was going to happen there.

You shouldn't expect everyone to watch NXT religiously and get into the hype of a debut
You shouldn't expect everyone to fall in love with someone who struggles against a jobber
You shouldn't not expect backlash when you fire someone the audience already knows after said debut "struggles" with that jobber

The Emma matches were not good, and what made the original matches with Emma so good in NXT were how desperate Emma was, cheating multiple ways to cause false finishes while Asuka is barely taking anything seriously beyond that.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Time to start purging TNA for female talent???

What's Gail Kim doing on Monday Night Raw?????

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

She got a ton of hype and then had two competitive matches with the division's resident jobber, then fired the jobber almost right away I don't know what anyone in charge of RAW thought was going to happen there.

You shouldn't expect everyone to watch NXT religiously and get into the hype of a debut
You shouldn't expect everyone to fall in love with someone who struggles against a jobber
You shouldn't not expect backlash when you fire someone the audience already knows after said debut "struggles" with that jobber

The Emma matches were not good, and what made the original matches with Emma so good in NXT were how desperate Emma was, cheating multiple ways to cause false finishes while Asuka is barely taking anything seriously beyond that.

I think the backlash will eventually stop/die down, but creative does need to have Asuka put on an incredibly strong performance at Survivor Series if they want her to be taken seriously.

Also lol, apparently the WE WANT EMMA chants started up again during the Bayley and Sasha vs Nia and Alicia match. So I don't think its exclusive to Asuka, just the UK crowd being really loving obnoxious. They ended up singing Bayley's theme as well though. Including after Sasha made Alicia tap out.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 6, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Part of the Emma backlash is probably Lio's dumb twitter joke, which made Emma's release blow up.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Also it would be some delicious irony if Triple H's most protected NXT product ever got derailed by the Original NXT Failed Callup.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

They might just do it so that Asuka gets DQed for kicking too much rear end or counted out or something. Her undefeated streak is pinfalls/submissions only, since she lost that battle royale.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Emma was the Jack Swagger of the women's division, at least in terms of getting permanently depushed for a minor legal charge. Though maybe Swags caught a DUI and I forgot abt it, idk

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Teddybear posted:

They might just do it so that Asuka gets DQed for kicking too much rear end or counted out or something. Her undefeated streak is pinfalls/submissions only, since she lost that battle royale.

I don't think they'll do that, simply because they have never acknowledged that battle royale loss in any shape or form since she's been "undefeated", and they claim she's never lost a match in any shape or form. Her being disqualified or counted out would take some olympic level mental gymnastics for WWE to explain why she should still be considered a threat.

I think what will probably end up happening is they'll have the RAW Womens Team beat the Smackdown Womens Team, then have Alexa lose against Natalya. It also provides a few (probably essential) storyline hooks for RAW. What could possibly happen is have Team RAW win (due to Asuka flattening most of Team Smackdown. You could even have her be the sole survivor and take down several women.), and have Alexa lose. That would probably piss off Stephanie, who could force Alexa to defend her title against Asuka or something.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 6, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't see them having both SD teams lose, and there's no way the men's team is getting the win

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

Emma was the Jack Swagger of the women's division, at least in terms of getting permanently depushed for a minor legal charge. Though maybe Swags caught a DUI and I forgot abt it, idk

Swaggy caught a DUI

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Only Alexa Bliss is allowed to succeed

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I hope Asuka beat the local jobber with a roll up after a 50/50 fight.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gorn Myson posted:

I hope Asuka beat the local jobber with a roll up after a 50/50 fight.

Hate to break it to you, but Asuka made the jobber tap out in quite possibly the most one sided squash since who knows when. I think the match was around a minute long, maybe a little less, maybe a little longer.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I was being sarcastic so I actually love the actual result. Theres lots of ways to book Asuka but I'd say that having her have to struggle to a win in a small fued with someone that you were going to fire anyway is probably one of the worst ones.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gorn Myson posted:

I was being sarcastic so I actually love the actual result. Theres lots of ways to book Asuka but I'd say that having her have to struggle to a win in a small fued with someone that you were going to fire anyway is probably one of the worst ones.

Pretty much. I feel like that should have been the result from the get-go. WWE is course correcting now, but the audience is refusing to acknowledge it/play along. I mean they'll eventually get into it, but who knows how long that will take.

Oh yeah. More results:

Braun vs Miz ended in a no contest or DQ when Kane came out. Braun beat all of them up.

Pete Dunne debuted on RAW and beat Enzo with the Bitter End.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PETE DUNNE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/jonners/status/927655180522409985

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Pete Dunne to 205 Live to die

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least he beat Enzo

today

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pete Dunne loving owns and could go on to great things if hes given a chance. I mean its WWE so he definitely won't, but he could do so outside of it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I... don't actually mind Jason Jordan? What am I missing?

I mean I get the whole Roman Reigns "they're pushing him so hard, so badly" resentment but like anytime I watch RAW Jordon seems to lose or just beat some midcarder. From a distance it actually seems vaguely like a standard patient and slow burn push.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Does he have the UK belt with him

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

STAC Goat posted:

I... don't actually mind Jason Jordan? What am I missing?

I mean I get the whole Roman Reigns "they're pushing him so hard, so badly" resentment but like anytime I watch RAW Jordon seems to lose or just beat some midcarder. From a distance it actually seems vaguely like a standard patient and slow burn push.

Jason Jordan is Kurt Angle's "son", and its quite possibly one of the dumbest storylines to come out of WWE in awhile. No one buys it, and they (WWE) broke up American Alpha, a decent tag team for this lovely storyline.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Little English man can't even challenge for a heavyweight belt puny man

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

Jason Jordan is Kurt Angle's "son", and its quite possibly one of the dumbest storylines to come out of WWE in awhile. No one buys it, and they (WWE) broke up American Alpha, a decent tag team for this lovely storyline.

It feels really out of place in 2017 more so than anything. It's like those weird cartoonish early-mid 2000s things they were doing that you can't really get away with now, and that people didn't even really like back then to begin with

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

You could still make it cartoonish but entertaining to watch though, but instead what you get is a bunch of boring mid-card matches that seemingly lead to absolutely nothing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pretty sure Dunne was only there for the hometown pop and isn't actually going to 205

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
From our friend rovert:

https://twitter.com/emilyjaynemorse/status/927658742698651648

What, no Wolfgang?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Over the moon for Jordan Devlin (the dude beside Mark Andrews) probably the most actually underrated wrestlers in the World these days.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'm thinking this could lead either to the announcement of a UK show or UK vs. Cruisers at Survivor Series.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those of you hoping for Usos vs Shield at Survivor Series, get hosed.

The Bar won the tag titles back tonight, so now its The Bar vs The Usos at Survivor Series.

Yet another Heel vs Heel match. :psyduck:

WWE must have realized there was a Face vs Heel match on the card still and had to change it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm thinking this could lead either to the announcement of a UK show or UK vs. Cruisers at Survivor Series.

They just didn't want to fly in the usual 205 crew for one or two shows on the European tour. Rather leave them in the cupboard in the stairs at the Performance Center.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh, I get all that. American Alpha was actually one of the things I was kind of interested in and annoyed I never seemed to catch them and the Angle story is clearly moronic. But like, Jordan actually seems ok and it doesn't seem like they're overpushing him the way they do with Reigns. No?

I mean, I'm not really enjoying it either but when I'm looking for something to get my interest on RAW an ok midcard face with a moderate push and some seeming upside does kind of make my list. And they don't seem to be really harping on the Angle thing that much.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DarkstarIV posted:

For those of you hoping for Usos vs Shield at Survivor Series, get hosed.

The Bar won the tag titles back tonight, so now its The Bar vs The Usos at Survivor Series.

Yet another Heel vs Heel match. :psyduck:
Usos have actually been faces for a few weeks as of late since winning the feud against the New Day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

This Shield run is like one of the bad 90s Horsemen reunions.