Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Can I get Tom Hanks' "Big" but with Shazam? Thatd work better thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gatts posted:

Can I get Tom Hanks' "Big" but with Shazam? Thatd work better thanks.

You want Shazam to gently caress?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Looks like X-Men and Fantastic Four are coming back into the fold?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st-century-fox-has-been-holding-talks-to-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-sources.html

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/927604378013446144

Marvel phase 10 involves Deadpool murdering everyone, apparently

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NTRabbit posted:

well thats one way the only way to get those rights back

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

At some point they're just going to reboot the whole universe and tell all the storylines again with all the comic characters in place (looking squarely at things like Civil War)

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Wow not just the movie line, that's a pretty big deal

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
This is really, really not good.

Serf
May 5, 2011

how many more companies to go until disney controls 1/2 of all the media

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope they buy back Power Rangers

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Never mind!

https://twitter.com/BloombergTV/status/927614643769610242

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That is loving atrocious

EDIT: Thank Christ

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

^^^ Well, that's good. For the moment, anyway, until Fox really goes "someone buy this" and someone like Amazon takes them up on it

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This is really, really not good.

It's a little clever how they are making sure not to purchase anything that would leave them open to potential antitrust inquires by avoiding purchasing the broadcast stations, Fox News, or the other cable channels operating under the umbrella. I do wonder how the overseas investments Fox has made would shake out in this deal, as well.

But still, an astoundingly bad thing, especially since one of the best Fox subsidiaries - Searchlight - would maybe end up not long for the world under Disney's current business philosophy. Blue Sky Studios would be kaput, too, as it would either be rolled into Disney Animation Group and eliminated as a freestanding company or they would just eliminate it outright and fire a bunch of people. Hulu is entirely dependent on whether Fox would retain its share of ownership or if it would go to Disney as well - which would be a big problem if it did, as each company owns 30% of it, and, well, you do the math.

The Cameo fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 6, 2017

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
But at least now Wolverine can fight Luke Skywalker!!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

If you wanted to monopolize an industry, the Trump administration would be the time to try it.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The benefits nerd culture would take from it would be "well now the good people own all of Star Wars" and immediate insane fancasting about who Reed Richards will be and what Doctor Strange sequel they could backdoor the Fantastic Four into the MCU with.

The thinkpieces would be astronomically stupid.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

hiddenriverninja posted:

Another clip from JL, with Bruce and Alfred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPH5_NF42Dk

I guess I don't kind of hate this clip? Kind of.

Jeremy Irons is too good for this trash.

Also Disney is a sucking vacuum that turns everything to poo poo and just converts everything into a marketing behemoth the likes of which makes a 1980 George Lucas blush. They are literally the worst and every single thing they produce is garbage that might achieve a status of "eh" at best.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

ITT we nerdrage at nerds liking things.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

AlternateAccount posted:

Jeremy Irons is too good for this trash.

Counterpoint: he did Eragon, so really, there is no depths to the trash he will appear in so long as the check clears

Serf
May 5, 2011

jeremy irons was in the dungeons & dragons movie

...wait, that movie rules actually, nevermind.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
To emphasize

Jeremy Irons was in the Eragon movie.

He's basically a prostitute

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Turns out it's dead because Emperor Rupert is about to lose control of his company, and it has something to do with a Saudi Prince who was recently arrested no longer protecting him from the minority shareholders with a sizable voting bloc.

Nothing to do with comic book movies, but genuinely exciting.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Burkion posted:

To emphasize

Jeremy Irons was in the Eragon movie.

He's basically a prostitute

But a prostitute with mad skills.

And D&D the movie, geez. You know, in this climate, a franchise of D&D movies could actually totally work. There's so much good lore, you could do a million things and make them awesome. Even if you just followed existing storylines. With a lot less GIVE ME... THE ROD.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Uh that's basically what the Fast and Furious franchise is so :shrug:

Serf
May 5, 2011

vin diesel likes D&D, just make it with the fast and furious cast

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Imagine rolling a nat20 every time

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man those two clips in the subway and the bank are atrociously hard to watch.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Would've been fun to see that Avengers vs. X-men movie that I've always dreamed phase 4 would revolve around, consequences to businesses and society as a whole be damned. I still wouldn't be surprised if they work something out just on the rights front, Sony letting Marvel use Spider-man seems to be working out well for them and it's hard to see the downside of letting Marvel/Disney do all the heavy lifting while you collect the paycheck. Even if it's a much lower percentage of the profits, a movie with both the Avengers and major X-men characters is going to do an insane box office, and I think since Fox wouldn't really be paying for the production or marketing they'd still make out like bandits.

Plus even if the deal is dead right now, I can't discount Disney's interest in owning every entertainment property on the planet so it could happen down the line.

I mean, it's all wishful thinking at this point, but screw it let my nerd dreams happen.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You want Shazam to gently caress?

Huh? Whatever, Big was a fun movie about childhood and adulthood and whatnot. It can borrow from there than the usual superhero bs

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Cool! This means they gotta start filming soon. Can't let the kid age out while waiting for it to start.

I think it’s set to film in March. Shazam is literally the next DCEU movie to film and has been that way for months.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

All this Jeremy Irons talk about him being too good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwRXE3o9kMI

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I hope the Disneys buys the Foxes so we can have the Fantastic Fours in the Avengers if this doesn't happen I hate Saudi Arabia and demand its ruination.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The MSJ posted:

I think it’s set to film in March. Shazam is literally the next DCEU movie to film and has been that way for months.

Yeah, I just always figured that until they casted Billy, they weren't ever going to be serious about actually filming. I remember talks of The Rock being in this movie over a decade ago. (And now he's not even in it! :v:)

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Gorn Myson posted:

I hope the Disneys buys the Foxes so we can have the Fantastic Fours in the Avengers if this doesn't happen I hate Saudi Arabia and demand its ruination.

To be fair, Disney being such a convoluted maniacal empire that it's latest acquisition can't happen because of a Saudi Prince's arrest and stockholder shenanigans is pretty wild, and also somehow innately Disney.

It's also interesting that Disney's properties as a whole are now too essential to the American experience to ever be allowed to die, it's not hard to imagine some straight-up panic if the Marvel movies, ESPN, Star Wars, and everything on ABC disappeared overnight.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah, I just always figured that until they casted Billy, they weren't ever going to be serious about actually filming. I remember talks of The Rock being in this movie over a decade ago. (And now he's not even in it! :v:)

just wait for the Black Adam movie! It's totally gonna happen!

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its fascinating is what it is. These intellectual properties are now so valuable that their rights of ownership can be interfered with in major political decisions all around the planet. Give it another decade and we'll get a James Bond movie with a villain who attempts to buy Steam and abolish all discounts and sales.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

NowonSA posted:

To be fair, Disney being such a convoluted maniacal empire that it's latest acquisition can't happen because of a Saudi Prince's arrest and stockholder shenanigans is pretty wild, and also somehow innately Disney.

It's also interesting that Disney's properties as a whole are now too essential to the American experience to ever be allowed to die, it's not hard to imagine some straight-up panic if the Marvel movies, ESPN, Star Wars, and everything on ABC disappeared overnight.

At this point that could only be a good thing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Yestermoment posted:

All this Jeremy Irons talk about him being too good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwRXE3o9kMI

The worst part of the D&D movie is they could have taken Dark Sun or something and had Irons has the evil sorcerer-king and bam, cool movie.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Imagine rolling a nat20 every time

*Vin voice* I live my life a natty 20 at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I loved Man of Steel. I liked Batman v Superman.

But, holy hell on a shitstick, Justice League looks terrible.

• Locked thread