Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That last one is Just For Goofs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

gowb posted:

The persecution complex is not a good look on you myfriend :(

When people use violent language towards you for posting a cartoon, you are 100% allowed to make an incredibly mild comment about it.

Glad you're enjoying yourself here, don't gaslight please.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

What is the excuse Trumpicans use when people bring up the fact that Trump is actually a poo poo business man that mostly coasts on a combination of name and America's leniency on the rich and white?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Pants Donkey posted:

What is the excuse Trumpicans use when people bring up the fact that Trump is actually a poo poo business man that mostly coasts on a combination of name and America's leniency on the rich and white?

There's really only two kinds of Trump supporters: the kind that only likes him because he makes liberals mad and isn't Hillary, and the kind that doesn't acknowledge any criticism of him and think he's amazing in the alternate reality they live in.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

non-sequitur had a whole sunday plot line depicting Dubya as a stupid monkey many years ago, and I recall angry letters to my paper about the strip. He did try a very lovely Calvin & Hobbes sort of thing with a girl and a horse, but he was mostly political.

Meh, I kinda liked the girl and pony bit. Of course, I might have something of a soft spot for Non-Sequitur.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

There's really only two kinds of Trump supporters: the kind that only likes him because he makes liberals mad and isn't Hillary, and the kind that doesn't acknowledge any criticism of him and think he's amazing in the alternate reality they live in.

Three: Nazi.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

"If he were such a bad businessman, he wouldn't have so much money."

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Office Pig posted:

Well yeah, but I meant more so in terms of how they perceive Trump.

A lot of Trump supporters don't think much of Trump, they just like that he's not Hillary (and also not Obama) and makes liberals angry. To them, any criticism of Trump just isn't important because at least he isn't those guys.

The ones that deify him, on the other hand, just would tell you that the criticism is fake news.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
In my experience trump supporters never talk about trump. Its always hillary, bernie, mass media, FBI, etc. There is literally nothing to talk about concerning trump except "wtf did he say?"

edit - Guy below me, I can't believe you're familiar with Rush, my old coworker used to listen to his program, what a maroon that guy is.

Shuka fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 6, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Lightning Knight posted:

Well yeah, but I meant more so in terms of how they perceive Trump.

A lot of Trump supporters don't think much of Trump, they just like that he's not Hillary (and also not Obama) and makes liberals angry. To them, any criticism of Trump just isn't important because at least he isn't those guys.

The ones that deify him, on the other hand, just would tell you that the criticism is fake news.

These people still think he's an outsider, coming in to "drain the swamp" which he has shown zero intent to do and just been a poo poo republican. They still believe. Rush daily deflects critisim by claiming its just insider politicians trying to stop the underdog outsider.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I dunno if I mentioned this, but Adam Ford finally updated after a month of nothing. Unfortunately it's just :words: (even for him) thing about key figures in the founding of Protestantism and the general breaking away from the Catholic Church.

At some point Patreon stopped making monthly contributions public, so I have no idea if he's still raking in the fundie cash. All you get is the number of supporters, which doesn't really tell you anything besides if someone has a real following or is propped up by a handful of weirdos.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Yet another person that apparently doesn't realize debt and deficit are different things.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

duz posted:

Yet another person that apparently doesn't realize debt and deficit are different things.

Even funnier considering that debt increases markedly under republican leadership, Clinton and Bama around %35-37%, bush and bush at 50% and 85%

So either way it's factually challenged

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Office Pig posted:

How are they not in the second category?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Also, Garrison you spineless gently caress, you can't refuse to talk about Trumps inner circle being indicted forever.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Pants Donkey posted:

Pretty much fetishizing Trump being a "Self made billionaire" even tho he's just lying about the amount of money he has. They also defend all the bankruptcies as "It's a legitimate strategy".

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Should have gone with duke of debt to keep the aliterations

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Avenging_Mikon posted:

My favourite gif in the world is, and will probably always be, when Obama goes to dunk a cookie but it doesn't fit in the glass, and he says "Thanks Obama" :3:

The gif's based on a video of him just saying that.

See, I know that Gorrell is an idiot and the right-wing generally think the poor only hoard their money - that's what the rich do, right? - but entirely failing to understand that increased state spending results in increased amounts of commerce you can tax... is pretty much on par. I can't tell the stupidity from being willfully dense.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Oh THAT'S where "what is she thinking" is from.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

endlessmonotony posted:

See, I know that Gorrell is an idiot and the right-wing generally think the poor only hoard their money - that's what the rich do, right? - but entirely failing to understand that increased state spending results in increased amounts of commerce you can tax... is pretty much on par. I can't tell the stupidity from being willfully dense.

State spending helping the economy is so heretical to conservative dogma, Gorell would just scream and try to kill you if you pointed it out.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

endlessmonotony posted:

The gif's based on a video of him just saying that

I know, I just prefer the gif.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Fulchrum posted:

State spending helping the economy is so heretical to conservative dogma, Gorell would just scream and try to kill you if you pointed it out.

That sounds like an uncharacteristic expenditure of energy on Gorrels part

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Nah people of the church of the 2nd amendment are statistically plenty likely to get shot. Especially by themselves.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Where's the Gorrell with the elephant saying "Deficit" over and over and then suddenly adding $1.5 trillion to it?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
I've never understood the mental gymnastics required for Christians to cozy up to guns. I know a lot of people here in the South that are very devout Christians who are simultaneously 2nd Amendment enthusiasts. They talk a lot about "self defense". They always look uncomfortable when I ask them about all the times Jesus said to just let people hurt you and never fight back.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 7, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Religiously identifying people are hypocrites! news at 8.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think it's that they specifically identify with the cultural aspects of their religion while not really knowing the teachings behind it. When you have pastors talking about prosperity gospel and their church has a parking garage connected to the gift shop it's pretty clear they are being purposely misled.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I've never understood the mental gymnastics required for Christians to cozy up to guns. I know a lot of people here in the South that are very devout Christians who are simultaneously 2nd Amendment enthusiasts. They talk a lot about "self defense". They always look uncomfortable when I ask them about all the times Jesus said to just let people hurt you and never fight back.

Don't you remember when Jesus said "Those who live by the sword are the true heroes"?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Alhazred posted:

Don't you remember when Jesus said "Those who live by the sword are the true heroes"?

Jesus never said anything about guns, just like the founding fathers intended

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"What if gun control was God's plan all along? He didn't plan for you to have to kill someone"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

It's time for a Dick by Dick Classic™ Starring only a shadow from DbD!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Imagine if hillary dies and we found she was male, from kenia. And then trump enters a golf monastery where they only pray and play golf. And somebody else gets the presidency and is so boring efficient that is unnotherworthy and make politics boring.

Will we still get the same comics with the same joke again and again?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Tei posted:

Will we still get the same comics with the same joke again and again?

I keep making these global warming comics earlier and earlier each year.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(also posted it to imgur to see how it goes. I expect more right wing nuts to downvote it.)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Can someone please give me a picture of what this guy actually looks like

Also why do these guys always have the same snide bitch giving their 2 cents.

• Locked thread