Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

anakha posted:

For taking our bling-rear end sword, he must die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

yeah that

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Break neck.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Continue questions just so it has a chance. :D

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Take him alive. And then kill him.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The PS2 actually had analog buttons, and depending on how hard you press them in MGS3 it'd distinguish between "slightly choke this dude so he doesn't get away" and "break his neck".

What I'm saying is "accidentally" press the button too hard.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Lone Wolf wins. Fatality.

Shadow on the Sand posted:

Your attack is swift and deadly. Before the guard can scream for help, you have silenced him for good with an open-handed chop to the neck.

Healing: +1 EP (23/26).
Do we search the bodies or get out of here as quickly as possible?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Search the bodies, we might need a key off em to get back all our cool stuff!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mikl posted:

The PS2 actually had analog buttons, and depending on how hard you press them in MGS3 it'd distinguish between "slightly choke this dude so he doesn't get away" and "break his neck".

What I'm saying is "accidentally" press the button too hard.

It blew my brother's mind completely open when I demonstrated this to him.

We have a compulsion to loot and we wish to succumb to it

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

We have a compulsion to loot and we wish to succumb to it

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Loot.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Agreed. Loot!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

There are guards coming (thanks sixth sense!). It's time to :frogout:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Go find our stuff :frogout:

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Our loot is better, get out of hereand go find it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Search the bodies, we might need a key off em to get back all our cool stuff!
Can't hurt to check. Unless a whole lot more guards show up.

A thorough search of both bodies uncovers the following items:
  • 1 Sword
  • 1 Dagger
  • 1 Warhammer
  • 6 Gold Crowns
  • Gaoler’s Keys (Special Item)
You may take any of the above items. Remember to mark them on your Action Chart. The Gaoler’s Keys should be worn attached to your belt. You remember to lock the cell door before you hurry off along the corridor.

Healing: +1 EP (24/26).

The corridor heads north but soon ends at a junction where another passage runs across from east to west. Cautiously, you peer around the corner, but there are no signs of any guards. At the end of the east passage you can see a flight of steps descending out of view; to the west, you see a closed door.

Healing: +1 EP (25/26).
I'm assuming that we'll take the money and the keys, and we already have a sword so we probably don't need a second, but do we want the dagger or the warhammer? Or we could drop our sword and take both. Or neither. And will we go downstairs or through the door?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Take the big :fuckoff: and go through the door.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
No extra weapons yet. Open the door.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Take the warhammer because it sounds badas and go down the stairs.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Hammer and door.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
We have a hammer and we wish to use it as we go down the stairs.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

No weapons and go through the door.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Warhammer and make for the door.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Snorb posted:

as we go down the stairs.
If I had a hammer I'd hammer in the morning.

You descend the stairs and follow the corridor eastwards, taking care to tread lightly. The bars on windows high in the wall to your right cast latticed shadows across the smooth marble floor ahead. Beneath one of these windows stands a table on which rests a pitcher of water. Your throat is parched, and you stop to take a long drink. Restore 1 ENDURANCE point.

Endurance: 26/26.
Should we stop and take a look out the window, or just keep moving?

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

What light through yonder window breaks?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Look out the window.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Gaze out the window in shame. We messed up at some point in this. I can’t say exactly how or where, I just have a really bad feeling.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Can think of no reason not to look out.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

From the view, you judge that this window is set high up in the south wall of the Grand Palace. Far below you can see the buildings of the capital, in miniature clusters inside the white city wall. To the southeast lies Lake Inrahim, an immense salt-water plain that is completely dry and cracked. To the east, a road stretches across the causeway to the town of Chula, just visible on the horizon. To the southwest lie the barren, sun-scorched Dahir Mountains and the shifting ocean of sand known as the Dry Main.

The bars of the window are badly corroded; it would be easy to dislodge them. However, the drop of several hundred feet to the city below means that there is no hope of escape this way. You climb down from the table and hurry along the corridor.

You arrive at a high-vaulted chamber with a large, nail-studded door set into the south wall. A rack standing near to the door holds a Spear and a Broadsword. You may take either or both of these if you wish. To the north, beneath a beautifully decorated horseshoe arch, is another passage that leads out of the chamber.
Bearing in mind that we have Weaponskill with spears and would get +2 CS by wielding it, we should probably take the spear. But which weapon do we drop to accommodate it? The sword or the warhammer? And if we wanted to we could also swap our other weapon for the broadsword, though there's no immediately apparent reason to do so.

Then we need to decide if we're just going to carry on down the passage to the north, or if we want to we could listen at the door for a moment and possibly go through if it seems safe.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Drop the hammer, take the spear, ear to the door.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Drop sword

Stay a while and listen

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Listen up, don't drop your stuff.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Drop sword for spear and listen.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

Drop sword & hammer, take spear and then eavesdrop

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
Take the spear, drop the sword and listen.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

All right, drop[the sword], collaborate, and listen.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Kanthulhu posted:

Drop sword

Stay a while and listen
OK, our Combat Skill is now 21.

Placing your ear close to the keyhole, you hear faint but horrible sounds. Screams of agony mingled with hysterical laughter and heart-rending sobs. The crack of a whip and the creaking of a rack confirm your suspicions that a torture chamber lies beyond this door. The terrible sounds make you shudder, and you waste no time in hurrying away from the chamber by the north door.

You move quickly and quietly along the north corridor and soon arrive at another arched passage that heads off to the west. A fierce glow can be seen in the distance, and you hear the hiss of red-hot steel as it is thrust into water and the clang of hammer on anvil—the unmistakable sounds of a blacksmithy.
Do we go west towards the smithy, or carry on to the north?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
No choice to rescue the tortured victims? Oh well.

West to the smithy. There's probably a good replacement for our missing equipment there, if we have already missed the equipment itself or until we get it back.