Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Soulex posted:

This boy also went trick or treating for the first time. I got to go and he loved it. It was adorable watching him run around trick or treating. We get home and take his candy away, mainly to check for homemade stuff (not for drugs because who the gently caress gives drugs away, but Makowski made me scared) and my wife said that Santa took them away and that if he was good, Santa would bring candy in the morning. This dude runs over to the fire place and screams into it “Santa! You cheated me!” What the gently caress? How’d you learn that phrase dude? He’s awesome.

lol that's fuckin awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Goddamn it.

Reports are the loving worst and I don’t like having to respond to them in the mod forum.

Just know I hate the reporter way more than the reportee 99.9% of the time.

lol that the fucker begging to be mod for years cant handle reports

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Your Battle Buddy posted:

lol that the fucker begging to be mod for years cant handle reports

"Man, this poo poo is bullshit. They should put me in charge, I could run this way better."

*PROMOTION*

"OH MY loving GOD YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS poo poo"

(this may also work as a Mustang parable)

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
I had a fun drill weekend. It was a total clusterfuck, then we sat around yesterday doing nothing for two hours waiting for release, despite there being a huge thunderstorm coming in and most of us having an hour+ drive. Finally get released, and the first fifty minutes of my hour drive was fine. Then the storm let loose, the interstate slowed to 5mph, I couldn't see anything despite an LED light bar I put in my bumper, and when I finally got off two miles later and got past all the pulled-over semis, the town I go through was flooded under like two feet of water. I know it was around two feet because I have a horn relocated behind my bumper and it's shielded from anything less than about that, and it's full of water and sounds like the roadrunner meepmeep now. If I had been in my car instead of my beater xterra I'd have been hosed.

Thanks, command.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Great now your unit has to give turn around don’t drown training

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Or just let natural selection run it's course. The smart ones will survive.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Or just let natural selection run it's course. The smart ones will survive.

you say this like you think anybody in the army would survive the initial cut long enough to learn from the mistakes of everyone else

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Icon Of Sin posted:

you say this like you think anybody in the army would survive the initial cut long enough to learn from the mistakes of everyone else

People hear about the army from people who were/are in the army and then still join the army.

People in the army learning from the mistakes of everyone else is less likely than world peace or a cure for cancer.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Icon Of Sin posted:

Sounds like all the smart ones surviving to me.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Goddamn it.

Reports are the loving worst and I don’t like having to respond to them in the mod forum.

Just know I hate the reporter way more than the reportee 99.9% of the time.

Sorry boo I should start checking them again

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I’m so close to dumping my poo poo detail onto a 2LT...

Feel kind of like a dick but he’s fresh from BOLC and I’ve spent most of this year away from home

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

Feel kind of like a dick but he’s fresh from BOLC and I’ve spent most of this year away from home

That's what happened to me as a 2LT. Was mad at first, but it taught me some lessons about FYGM. I also got to write like 4 awards for people I didn't know!

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Nov 7, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

No no no this is where you trick him by saying you're giving him more responsibility and it will make him look good to the commander

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

Yesssss. Get the cycle of hating life that you’re going through started for him ASAP.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I feel like I’m watching the Lion King and everyone is singing “Circle of poo poo”

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba (there comes a lion)
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama (oh yes, it's a lion)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Mustang posted:

it is the natural order of things

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vasudus posted:

it is the natural order of things

We're like abused children who become abusers.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
We just got to see why the army never changes and will suck forever and ever.

Gj Mustang

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I was glad that at least when I showed up as part of the new crop of 2LTs in the unit, and the 1LTs were excitedly talking about how hilarious it was going to be when all the new LTs and privates got hazed (beaten up and tossed in cold water and covered in sand and rotten food were apparently about par for the course), we collectively decided to end that practice by making it clear that anyone who tried that poo poo was going to have such a fight on their hands, the MPs would have to get called out.

Somehow, the unit managed to get along without such stupid practices after that!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

I was glad that at least when I showed up as part of the new crop of 2LTs in the unit, and the 1LTs were excitedly talking about how hilarious it was going to be when all the new LTs and privates got hazed (beaten up and tossed in cold water and covered in sand and rotten food were apparently about par for the course), we collectively decided to end that practice by making it clear that anyone who tried that poo poo was going to have such a fight on their hands, the MPs would have to get called out.

Somehow, the unit managed to get along without such stupid practices after that!

B-b-b-ut proud tradition......

You know how I haze new officers? I take them to all the awesome restaurants that I know of.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 7, 2017

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

spacetoaster posted:

B-b-b-ut proud tradition......

You know how I haze new officers? I take them to all the awesome restaurants that I know of.

I thought hazing new officers was dui pops, felonies, or barracks raids pulling pot, coke, and guns out of rooms.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Syrian Lannister posted:

I thought hazing new officers was dui pops, felonies, or barracks raids pulling pot, coke, and guns out of rooms.

I've gotten soft as gently caress in my old age.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The proper way to haze an officer is to make him the FRG liaison.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I️ also have that additional duty but I️ don’t really do anything other than make people update the FRG roster

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
FRG owns hard

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I️ want to make CPT but at the same time I️ want to get out as soon as possible, which would be next summer. Around the same time as my CPT board.

Constantly rotating in and out of the field and working late in garrison means you can’t have a life outside the Army.

Things probably aren’t going to work out with the current girl I’m dating because I’m either working or gone too much.

I️ don’t know how the gently caress people put up with this poo poo for 20+ years.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You know who cares about you being a former captain versus LT outside the military? No one.

You know what the GI Bill thinks about your former rank? Nothing.

Get the gently caress out and never look back.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mustang posted:

I don’t know how the gently caress people put up with this poo poo for 20+ years.

They get stupid and/or broken after too much exposure to CSMs.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mustang posted:

don’t know how the gently caress people put up with this poo poo for 20+ years.

Money and really cool postings.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

I️ want to make CPT but at the same time I️ want to get out as soon as possible, which would be next summer. Around the same time as my CPT board.

Constantly rotating in and out of the field and working late in garrison means you can’t have a life outside the Army.

Things probably aren’t going to work out with the current girl I’m dating because I’m either working or gone too much.

I️ don’t know how the gently caress people put up with this poo poo for 20+ years.

I left as an O-2. Nobody gives a gently caress.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
There's a dude in my unit that decided to dip outta the last day of drill last month, and all of this month who decided to post some poo poo about Bergdahl.

I had it and basically called his rear end out.

Like how the gently caress do you decide to go UA one day, leave your troops hanging (he was a team leader), skip the PT test, and then miss the entire next month because you "had better poo poo to do", and have the gall to even begin to bitch about how light his sentence was?

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
It's hard to get away from the BCT grind when you branched armor thinking you'd be living Brad Pitt in Fury every day.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm more of a Denzel in Courage Under Fire myself. 420 smoke friendlies erryday

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'm Walter from the Big Lebowski

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

My main reasoning for making CPT was making CPT pay for a while before I got out and just pocketing some money since I️ don’t think I’ll be making as much when I️ first get out.

My buddy just got out and works for Amazon and makes slightly less but he’s a whole lot happier now...

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
It only took about 6 months to go from this

Mustang posted:

We had a command climate survey for my company recently and the worst thing anyone had to say was that its hosed up we don't have our own printer and have to use BNs. The civilian dude that put together the results said that he usually only see's that in the SOF units on post. Not that we're super high speed or anything just that morale is pretty high.

Me and my 3 section leaders are all the same age, my PSG only a couple years older so we all get along really well. I only have one troublesome soldier and he's not even really that much trouble.

Seriously the most fun I've ever had at a job.

To this

Soulex posted:

I got you

AV

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Change of Command. They’re awesome

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
if you're doing it for the money you've got really low standards

i mean if being a cheap drunk is your thing, then you do you