Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

He'll help Kara get over Mon-El!

Are they going to cast the rest of the Legion of Super Heroes? Are we going to see Matter Eater Lad on tv?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

He'll help Kara get over Mon-El!

There's no way we aren't getting a Kara, Mon-El, Brainiac love triangle before all's said and done.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

howe_sam posted:

There's no way we aren't getting a Kara, Mon-El, Brainiac love triangle before all's said and done.
Mon-El died on the way back to his home planet.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is the CW. Supergirl will go back with B5 to the future, find Mon-El on the Legion and be overjoyed, but for him it's been a thousand years and he's so over her he's had a hundred girlfriends come and go since then.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

B5 is all "hey this is the year 3000, 3 ways are totally normal"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hey, when Triplicate Girl's around :pervert:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wish.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

Hey, when Triplicate Girl's around :pervert:

That'd be a four way.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm a week behind so I just watched the Supergirl Cult episode tonight. Thought it was pretty good, I like how they're developing Reign's character. The whole thing is shaping up to be a pretty tragic storyline.

I dislike that they're going to be writing Maggie out, but what can ya do.

I hope that they continue giving James stuff to do, he was good support for Kara in this episode but I feel like in general he hasn't been around too much this season, outside of butting heads with Lena when she bought CatCo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

I'm a week behind so I just watched the Supergirl Cult episode tonight. Thought it was pretty good, I like how they're developing Reign's character. The whole thing is shaping up to be a pretty tragic storyline.

I dislike that they're going to be writing Maggie out, but what can ya do.

I hope that they continue giving James stuff to do, he was good support for Kara in this episode but I feel like in general he hasn't been around too much this season, outside of butting heads with Lena when she bought CatCo.

With Maggie leaving maybe that'll free up some room for James to do more street-level stuff as Guardian now, because they kind of cancelled one another out there for a while. Plus J'onn's been more open lately to the idea of just letting James go out there and shoot off kneecaps and bust heads open if helps get some raw intel that the DEO would otherwise miss...

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Has he even been out as Guardian at all this season?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr Beens posted:

Has he even been out as Guardian at all this season?

I think like for five seconds... maybe?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh good, the lead bomb did have consequences.

And awww, Alex and Maggie :smith:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

What the hell happened to Snapper?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

He went on a leave of absence.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Collateral damage is alway sad but it's hard to ignore that all these people and their kids would have been enslaved or killed by aliens like two months ago if not for that bomb.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Why did they take James to the DEO for treatment and not a hospital?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Woah bad phrasing there Maggie.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Kara that's illegal!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Well this is loving convenient.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Do it, Lena!

e: Awww

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kara would've been very disappointed in Lena if she had.

And this is such a super villain thing for Max to do.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Hey ask if he saw the sunrise this morning

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Crazy, lone wolf, former Air Force guy who killed a lot of innocent people and got shot to death? I'm surprised this episode aired with that line intact.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Well this is brutal

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

You know it's serious between Lena and James because he told to her to call him Jimmy.

Also Kara, go help your sister! :mad:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
And now on Cougar Town

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Rip Sanvers, hello Lames.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus, that drunken Sanver-Sawyer make out session was just...sloppy

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I loved the angry mob chanting "LOCK HER UP :byodood:" at Lena's press conference. They've been on loving point with the Trump tweaking this year and its only getting more powerful as the show goes on.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I love them finding plots in things other than "bad guy Kara has to punch". I love Supermom's self-discovery played as a horror story rather than a flat-out villain hiding behind a smile. I love that they have found space for the plots and characters to breathe rather than cramming a touching moment into the space between special effects showoff shots.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

sunday at work posted:

Collateral damage is alway sad but it's hard to ignore that all these people and their kids would have been enslaved or killed by aliens like two months ago if not for that bomb.

Lena did nothing wrong.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm hoping that in building Reign's discovery of her nature/powers up as a body horror/unwanted revelation thing with no sign of her willingly turning evil (yet) that they're building in an escape hatch for a redemption after her inevitable heel turn, because I really like her and Kara working together and the show kind of needs a Backup Supergirl ala Kid Flash... only hopefully handled better than Kid Flash because lol they just threw their hands up and gave up on Wally this year.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The show did have a back up, slightly inferior, Supergirl last year, then they shot him into space.

Plus there's always J'onn

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It always strikes me as odd when some crisis is happening and J'onn is just standing around. I know originally the idea was that he was scared of exposing himself, endangering the DEO, and just plain uncomfortable after decades in hiding. But it seems like most of that has been resolved so I keep feeling like I missed the episode where he was like "I have bad knees."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

It always strikes me as odd when some crisis is happening and J'onn is just standing around. I know originally the idea was that he was scared of exposing himself, endangering the DEO, and just plain uncomfortable after decades in hiding. But it seems like most of that has been resolved so I keep feeling like I missed the episode where he was like "I have bad knees."

It's the Firestorm problem all over again. The show doesn't have dat sweet CBS money behind it anymore so they can't have the Martian Manhunter show up every other episode anymore like in Season 1.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, but at least Legends sorta lazily writes around that by having Jax and Stein apparently secretly hate each other so much that they're never in the same room together.

I just want to hear J'onn say how flying messes up his back.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This may have been the best-written episode of Supergirl in a very, very long time. Maybe ever? Okay, that's probably hyperbole, but I was seriously, unhyperbolically stunned at the quality and intensity of some of those scenes. Every actor sold the hell out of this storyline.

I'm really happy when a show I like has an episode this good.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Eh, I thought last week's was better. Having the health crisis be the result of a smear attempt by Morgan Edge really felt to me like the show taking the easy way out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

J'onn's excuse is probably that he's leading the DEO so barring critical missions, he has to be available in case something massive goes down.

I feel like the Reign subplot is going to go off at the mid-season finale where she discovers that she's a Kryptonian and then at some point during then or after, she tears Edge a new one, literally and either goes berserk or all in on being the "justice" Supergirl isn't.