Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Will they help him be better at catching the football? I don't give a gently caress otherwise

The power of Squid will enable him to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
2 Lions games in a row starting at past midnight my time, ugh

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MikeCrotch posted:

2 Lions games in a row starting at past midnight my time, ugh

This is good because then you don't have to watch them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy this was a quiet Sunday in the ol NFC North.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Boy this was a quiet Sunday in the ol NFC North.

All to build to tonight where the Lions officially out-2013 2013

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Chris James 2 posted:

All to build to tonight where the Lions officially out-2013 2013

Nah, if they lose tonight they're just bad. The 2013 Lions were 6-3 and leading the division in Week 10, and all they had to do was win two goddamn games out of the last seven.

They won 1.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least that 1 was against the Rodgers-less Packers

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the packers are going to do that thing where someone parachutes into the stadium after the anthem, except it's for the first play of the game and it's matt flynn and he immediately throws an 80 yard bomb to Adams in a repeat of that 2012 game that got him Extremely Paid by the Seahawks

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Chris James 2 posted:

At least that 1 was against the Rodgers-less Packers

the defeat to Tampa on the previous Sunday was my first Lions game in Detroit, I was jetlagged to gently caress and considering my life choices when it ended

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Nah, if they lose tonight they're just bad. The 2013 Lions were 6-3 and leading the division in Week 10, and all they had to do was win two goddamn games out of the last seven.

They won 1.

right, like, all the talk about the Lions repeating 2013 overlooks that the team in the catbird’s seat is the Vikings. so really what’s going to happen is the Vikings out-2016 themselves by blowing the division again despite a Rodgersless Packers team.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

the packers are going to do that thing where someone parachutes into the stadium after the anthem, except it's for the first play of the game and it's matt flynn and he immediately throws an 80 yard bomb to Adams in a repeat of that 2012 game that got him Extremely Paid by the Seahawks

Matt Flynn was also the qb when Detroit got that one win out of 7 games in 2013. I was really hoping he would have unleashed the dragon that day though god that would have been hilarious.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Pops Mgee posted:

Matt Flynn was also the qb when Detroit got that one win out of 7 games in 2013. I was really hoping he would have unleashed the dragon that day though god that would have been hilarious.

The Lions utterly crushing the Packers 40-10 for their first Thanksgiving win in like ten years was the only good thing to come out of that forsaken season.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The Lions utterly crushing the Packers 40-10 for their first Thanksgiving win in like ten years was the only good thing to come out of that forsaken season.

Fake spike was that year too.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Lions will probably make Hundley look like Bart Starr tonight.

Because Lions.txt

Abdullah will have 17 rushes for 39 yards and the Lions will have a 100 yard rusher mayyyyyybe in 2021.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Gonz posted:

Abdullah will have 17 rushes for 39 yards

This part I'm actually rooting for since I picked him for 1KoB and I've only got 54 yards to spare :v:

Honestly though I'm not actually too worried about Hundley looking like a champ, since the Lions' defense has been playing pretty well this season. The bigger issue is whether the offense will be able to unfuck itself and actually get touchdowns, which I'm not exactly optimistic about.

Boy that sheen on JBC wore out fast, didn't it?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Acebuckeye13 posted:

This part I'm actually rooting for since I picked him for 1KoB and I've only got 54 yards to spare :v:

Honestly though I'm not actually too worried about Hundley looking like a champ, since the Lions' defense has been playing pretty well this season. The bigger issue is whether the offense will be able to unfuck itself and actually get touchdowns, which I'm not exactly optimistic about.

Boy that sheen on JBC wore out fast, didn't it?

JBC did a great job of unfucking Stafford's head. But he's got absolutely no creativity.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/_MarcusD2_/status/927724682786299905

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Brett
Hundley

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Humbling times for packers fans

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kirios posted:

Brett
Hundley

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/927735398968594432

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The Lions are back

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't even have a positive to provide Packers fans because honestly if Capers isn't fired this year, he's not getting fired ever

Also McCarthy's now 2-8-1 sans Rodgers

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That's some Tom Savage level of ridiculousness.

He has no business being a NFL quarterback, let alone a starting one.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:smug:

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Glennon would have made that throw....sorry packer fans

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anybody wanna crack wise about Stafford's contract now?!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

VJeff posted:

We can say beyond a shadow of a doubt Matthew Stafford is a better quarterback than Brett Hundley.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Well this still doesn't help Stafford's record against winning teams.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Have I said to fire Dom Capers?

Fire Dom Capers.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
After losing 24(?) in a row, the Lions have won two of their last three games at Lambeau.

VJeff posted:

After that terrible red zone series from the GB 1 or 2 I texted my dad "next time mom whines about Stafford, show her the last three plays"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I am very pleased to have been proven wrong.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

In related news, do not allow Ameer Abdullah anywhere near a football for the rest of the season.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i would like to reiterate my stance on Brett Hundley, which is as follows: throw him in the bin

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

C-Euro posted:

After losing 24(?) in a row, the Lions have won two of their last three games at Lambeau.

After that terrible red zone series from the GB 1 or 2 I texted my dad "next time mom whines about Stafford, show her the last three plays"

They broke that streak last season iirc

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i would like to reiterate my stance on Brett Hundley, which is as follows: throw him in the bin

He’s a trash man. Not a person who throws trash into the truck, mind you, but rather, a person constructed out of trash.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 7, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm starting to wonder if Rodgers isn't gonna go down as a suuuuper wasted talent if he doesn't add at least one more championship to his mantle.

Sorta like what Crosby and Malkin were in danger of a few years ago before they became forever champs.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i'm worried about more immediate concerns such as: can I even walk around chicago without being pelted with garbage and Vienna All-beef Franks or will the packers win another game this season

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Fire Capers based on the softness of his zones alone.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I guess they'll want to play Hundley more to see if they can salvage any trade value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least Rodgers got a ring

Meanwhile looking at what happened with Luck just makes me sadder by the day

• Locked thread