Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Prepsring for across the board dem losses and the constitutional convention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Is Sanders really the poster boy for sane gun legislation, though? Asking for a friend.

Vermont itself is pretty friendly to hunting, and he certainly hasn't gone out of his way to support gun bans. At the same time the bill people like to bring up (making it not possible to sue manufacturers for crimes commited by a third party user) was entirely fine and he was right to support it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Anyone know how hard it is to expat to the UK? Asking for a friend

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Neurolimal posted:

Not very hard to get a job in Europe in general if you are in a professional field. Don't go to England, they are Tory scum. Come to Scandinavia.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Unfortunately this tweet does not mention the word "Pokemon" in it anywhere, so as a millenial I am not engaged by it and indeed cannot grasp its meaning

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr Hootington posted:

constitutional convention is peak accelerationism: there’d be no reason for California or New York to abide by it

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
should i vote today

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

You don't want to come here lol

The brexit minister just told parliament that asking to see what he'd done over the last year is unpatriotic

Our international development minister went on a secret trip to Israel and wants to use the foreign aid budget to fund the Israeli army

And the new guy in charge of the military keeps a tarantula on his desk to show what a machiavellian wunderkind he is.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Apparently quite hard now! (You can't even automatically get in if you're marrying someone there now, which I have reason to know for nontheoretical reasons.)

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

deadgoon posted:

should i vote today
yeah why not

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

jBrereton posted:

You don't want to come here lol

The brexit minister just told parliament that asking to see what he'd done over the last year is unpatriotic

Our international development minister went on a secret trip to Israel and wants to use the foreign aid budget to fund the Israeli army

And the new guy in charge of the military keeps a tarantula on his desk to show what a machiavellian wunderkind he is.

My hope is that by the time things in america go to complete poo poo you will have finally installed Corbyn is Supreme Ruler and swiftly guillotined ashcroft, theresa may, the corpse of margaret thatcher etc.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

deadgoon posted:

should i vote today

depends: who would you vote for

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

My hope is that by the time things in america go to complete poo poo you will have finally installed Corbyn is Supreme Ruler and swiftly guillotined ashcroft, theresa may, the corpse of margaret thatcher etc.
yeah sure bud lmao

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

depends: who would you vote for

idk

some guy probably

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I eagerly can't wait for ironic leftist bo dietl votes leading to the greatest upset since this time last year

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

also in a similar vein to earlier in the year where I bet my ability to post itt on the dems not being spineless for once, I'm gonna say that if menendez gets convicted, and they dems allow an expulsion vote to pass, I'll never post itt again

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Any bets on the Atlanta mayoral race? Does Vincent Fort have a shot?

Latest polls suggest that it is going to be a run off between the "I am totally not a republican *wink *wink" Mary Norwood and the "Pro Business" (i.e. super duper corrupt) establishment democrat Keisha Lance Bottoms.

joepinetree has issued a correction as of 15:23 on Nov 7, 2017

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

deadgoon posted:

should i vote today

Yeah

Serf
May 5, 2011

joepinetree posted:

Latest polls suggest that it is going to be a run off between the "I am totally not a republican *wink *wink" Mary Norwood and the "Pro Business" (i.e. super duper corrupt establishment democrat.)

that sucks. fort is pretty cool

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I thought the bernie dude won the atlanta primary?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Well now I don't want to go vote today

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

The next UK general election is scheduled for 2022, unless the Tories are dumb enough to call another snap election, which they probably won't

No way in hell we have that long

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

zegermans posted:

I eagerly can't wait for ironic leftist bo dietl votes leading to the greatest upset since this time last year

I'm a Dietl head.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

zegermans posted:

I thought the bernie dude won the atlanta primary?

Atlanta doesn't have party primaries, and the municipal elections are technically non-partisan. There are like 11 or 12 candidates running, and all but 1 or 2 are democrats. Top 2 go to a run off next month. Vincent Fort is the Bernie guy, and has consistently polled 4th or 5th. Mary Norwood has the vote from the mostly white north side of the city, and Keisha Lance Bottoms has a mountain of cash because she is openly corrupt, like the current mayor.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

deadgoon posted:

should i vote today

Nothing matters including your vote

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

http://www.wbur.org/onpoint

Nina Turner is about to be on Tom Ashbrook's show on NPR with Tom Perez, I have the day off because I am dedicated educator in new york city where it is election day, so I am listening. I may post some reactions to what I hear live in the Suck Zone thread, so sorry about that.

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 16:00 on Nov 7, 2017

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BruceBartlett/status/927910442017738752

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Nina Turner didn't get her named dropped in the opening remarks, "tom perez and a sanders champion coming up next"

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jessica Chastain is looking like poo poo nowadays

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got to vote in Texas on whether houses donated to partially disabled veterans should be tax exempt or not.

It's a real and important issue affecting .000001% of Texans.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

thE suck zone

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Philip Rucker, who is "the only reporter who we could find who has read the whole Donna Newsome book" says "what we have is not the same as rigging the primaries, those were run by the states" the dnc was just "unethical and structures were tilted in her favor but no particular votes were rigged"

That's the whole bad dem defense hat trick.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Over Easy posted:

Nina Turner didn't get her named dropped in the opening remarks, "tom perez and a sanders champion coming up next"

lol that's gross as poo poo

and if it had happened to someone like, say, neera for a similar interview, twitter would already be aflame

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

suggesting MO is a swingstate in 2017

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Karl Barks posted:

thE suck zone

:gonk:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

So the line, as we already know, from the establishment media is what it is, Tom says "well, what you are saying sounds like rigging, why not call it rigged?" Reporternerd says "well it looks bad and it shows the dominance of money and it also was caused by Obama and Donna brazile shows how the party was trying to quash Sanders"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

lol that's gross as poo poo

and if it had happened to someone like, say, neera for a similar interview, twitter would already be aflame

"Chairman of the DNC Tom Perez and Twitter All-Star Nina Turner" doesn't quite have a journalistic ring to it

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Shut the gently caress up zegermans

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Ugh I am dreading the calls, I forgot it was a call-in show.

It sounds like he is going to be speaking to Nina Turner and Tom Perez separately which ain't as good as the alternative. Maybe it a good that Nina Turner goes first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

http://forward.com/opinion/387023/is-hillary-clinton-the-jewish-scapegoat-of-our-time/

:whitewater::whitewater::whitewater::whitewater:

• Locked thread