Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It's always funny it has transcended itself into pure concept at this point :lol:

https://twitter.com/mashallpotatoes/status/926819019260399616

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I am addicted to 100%ing Odyssey like I haven’t been with a game before Nintendo what have you done

I started off with this intent but I’ve already come across several moons that require better platforming skills than I have, mostly the gold Koopa freeraces. I’ll get to 500 easy but I think that’ll have to be good enough for me.

I didn’t finish the postgame in 3D Land either. :smith:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

With the gold Koopa footraces there's almost always a superior route you can take to beat everyone by a mile, but if you have a lot of trouble, just follow the shiny guy and see what he does and restart and do that, cause he will go slower than you if you play decently, he usually just had the advantage of a better route, which you can steal.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Nov 7, 2017

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

With the gold Koopa footraces there's almost always a superior route you can take to beat everyone by a mile, but if you have a lot of trouble, just follow the shiny guy and see what he does and restart and do that, cause he will go slower than you if you play decently, he usually just had the advantage of a better route, which you can steal.

Oh yeah, I absolutely chase him. But then he does a triple jump -> wall jump -> cap chase and I... can’t. I can’t even do the jump -> toss -> crouch -> leap reliably.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Good lord! That is quite awesome. I am still bumbling about on Cappy's ghost world and I can see a couple of moons all high up and have been trying to get Goombas to fly up and get them. I did get tantalizingly close to one, but assumed I am probably doing something wrong. Back to that Flower World then! :D

Those high up capworld moons require waggling when a frog.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

So what games are on the horizon for the Switch after Odyssey? I'm currently in the process of playing The Mummy Demastered (actually a decent metroidvania), Golf Story, and Stardew Valley.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Friends of Anime, ten minutes until the Xenoblade 2 Direct: https://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com/media/

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Real hurthling! posted:

Those high up capworld moons require waggling when a frog.

Nope, you can hop out of the frog at height and then dive for it. The other one had hidden blocks.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Friends of Anime, ten minutes until the Xenoblade 2 Direct: https://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com/media/

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Yesss free JP audio DLC day one

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Yesss free JP audio DLC day one

Free day one DLC... isn't that just called content?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I imagine it's DLC because of space concerns but yeah, basically.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nephzinho posted:

You need to, like, download it, tho

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Nephzinho posted:

You could even say, Downloadable Content

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Nephzinho posted:

Maybe not included on the cart, but downloaded online. Which I could see taking ages...

Game looks fun, but I'm still on the fence.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

This game is pretty.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Poppi owns.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I wondered why the Nintendo of America twitter was tweeting so much Xenoblade stuff this morning and oh duh it's because there's a Direct.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Xenoblade 2 getting the BotW treatment of more poo poo added to the game through 2018, I see.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I will buy this anime video game

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

It looks interesting, but I already got burned by XCX. Definitely waiting for the reviews to come in. I loved Xenoblade 1 because the art direction and story made up for the weird (but fun) combat quirks, but if XC2 boils down to a janky combat system and a ton of fetch quests with a narrative held together by gum and paper clips I'll have a hard pass.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Xenoblade 2 looks a lot closer to 1 than X was, possibly with just a more refined and expanded battle system. I'm down.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I'm glad we got to see a little more about the other party members, and Tora/Poppi seems like a really cool unique bit of customization. Weapons changing appearance is cool, too, but there was no sign of outfits changing so I wonder if that's out for good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should take every game they make and put promotional dlc in BotW. Before buying Yoshi's Flip Side, make sure to go on the new free quest in Breath of the Wild for the Craft Yoshi helmet. When wearing this helmet Lizalfos will leave you alone, and you will automatically eat nearby fruit for double the health boost! Please look forward to it.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

So what games are on the horizon for the Switch after Odyssey? I'm currently in the process of playing The Mummy Demastered (actually a decent metroidvania), Golf Story, and Stardew Valley.

Octopath and Kirby are on my list for next year, though i also need to get splatoon 2 and Mario + Rabbids so im working through a backlog atm. also i impulse purchased fire emblem warriors and am enjoying it. switch owns

edit: maybe xb2 some of it looks good but I’m in the “wait for reviews” camp

Princeps32 fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Nov 7, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I forgot to ask, do you get anything neat from scanning in the Wii-fit trainer Amiibo, or the Mario Maker Amiibo in Odyssey?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm getting real hype for Xenoblade 2 y'all

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, that legitimately looked really good. I got a very Golden Sun vibe from the class names and perks when you mix blade types.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

$30 is a bit steep for that Season Pass.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

VideoGames posted:

I forgot to ask, do you get anything neat from scanning in the Wii-fit trainer Amiibo, or the Mario Maker Amiibo in Odyssey?

Mario Maker Amiibo, like any Mario Amiibo, unlocks his original colors. Except Gold Mario who unlocks a gold costume. And Dr Mario who of course unlocks Samus's zero suit.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Xenoblade Chronicles was great and that direct just convinced me to buy a Switch.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Mario Maker Amiibo, like any Mario Amiibo, unlocks his original colors. Except Gold Mario who unlocks a gold costume. And Dr Mario who of course unlocks Samus's zero suit.
And Wedding Mario, right?

Because I know Wedding Bowser/Peach give specific stuff.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Please keeping making promotional DLC for Breath of the Wild long enough so we get a Zero Suit for Link to promote Metroid Prime 4.

Like you could do the same for Odyssey but I feel that Mario doesn't really pull of the Zero Suit as well as Link would.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The Wiifit and Mario maker Amiibo are the only ones I own. I have not removed them from their packets yet because I have no idea where I would stash them and they might get lost or dirty thanks to my cats.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm glad we got to see a little more about the other party members, and Tora/Poppi seems like a really cool unique bit of customization. Weapons changing appearance is cool, too, but there was no sign of outfits changing so I wonder if that's out for good.

noooooooooo

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I've been surprised that the User Score for Odyssey is so high like, usually every single AAA game gets MetaBombed because of some stupid thing people get overtly-angry over and they feel like they're sending a message by giving a game a zero. Even BOTW had that happen when it was first released.

But 3D Mario platformers seem like they're...untouchable in that regard. Is there really nothing here for nerds to form a big unruly mob over?

It's a game without day one DLC, a season pass, or loot boxes. Truly a living fossil from a more civilized time.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They should take every game they make and put promotional dlc in BotW. Before buying Yoshi's Flip Side, make sure to go on the new free quest in Breath of the Wild for the Craft Yoshi helmet. When wearing this helmet Lizalfos will leave you alone, and you will automatically eat nearby fruit for double the health boost! Please look forward to it.

We got robbed that there was no BotW Splatoon 2 DLC.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Joke's on you Nintendo, I already preordered the collector's edition of XC2 months ago when you first announced it :smuggo:.

Seriously though, XC2 looks really good. And the soundtrack's very reminiscent of the first game, which is a bonus.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone have a release date for Captain Toad 2: Treasure Switcher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm not watching the XB2 direct as I've learned I have more fun with games I'm hyped for by not watching previews. Worked great for Zelda and Mario.

Did the Direct put people's concerns with XB2 at ease? Seems to be the case.

• Locked thread