Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

hail hydroelectricity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

I did a thing posted:

its an odd publication. sometimes it has good contributors, sometimes it has extremely bad. i feel like it tries to do some kind of 3rd way centrist poo poo.

the atlantic, it is a sea of contrasts

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
there was this donga thing about translating "늙다리 미치광이" which got translated "dotard" in the north korean threats

http://news.donga.com/Inter/3/021603/20170922/86460249/1

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Low Desert Punk posted:

how to get shot by police 101

police do like targeting Bullet Club members and Marty Scurll in particular, that’s just a fact

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Agrajag posted:

10 minutes of trump rambling? no thnks

it's the bit about "we will free!!!" @ 4 mins in

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Baloogan posted:

ACTUALLY against satan and have opinions about the misused erroneous translation "lucifer" which actually isn't a name for the devil at all.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

everyone knows his real name was gilligan

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

why is rick perry swearing oath shile taking a selfie with another phone on the table

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

“They’re armed with superkicks!!”

*opens fire on the Young Bucks*

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

TotalHell posted:

police do like targeting Bullet Club members and Marty Scurll in particular, that’s just a fact

The year is 2026. President Vince McMahon's private police force hunts down and kills the remnants of Bullet Club

Vice President Trump farts

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

there
thats what i wanted to post before i was rudely probated for not memeing hard enough

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/status/927906651964833792

it was me

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
donga article notes that CNN picked it up as "dotard" but the translator felt that they should've gone with the easier "old man lunatic"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

And Greenwald wept, for there were no more anonymous sources to out.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bob dobbs is dead posted:

donga article notes that CNN picked it up as "dotard" but the translator felt that they should've gone with the easier "old man lunatic"

picking dotard was the greatest decision in US-Korean news reporting in the past 60 years

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

docbeard posted:

he's gonna start scouring the favelas for random kids to make anonymous sources just so he can hand them over

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

It'll be interesting to see what Philly PD does if Kesner wins

IIRC they were none too pleased with his calls for things like reform and transparency etc

Welcome to the #resistance

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Turdfuzz posted:

there
thats what i wanted to post before i was rudely probated for not memeing hard enough

thank you for your service

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

after reflecting on how crazy year 0TA (Trump Age) has been so far, I nearly forgot about the Reality Winner arc

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
man, chosun comment sections are loving cancer

i got what i deserved, didn't i goddamn

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

one time i saw a news wire from like 1880 and it spelled korea with a c
the corean peninsula

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/RealTimeWWII/status/927876943890079749

lmao weak bitch

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/VotingGuy/status/927922543675281408

TRUMP?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

docbeard posted:

all the intercept seem to have some sort of brain virus or chip implanted in their heads that makes them suck off Russia and Putin anytime their honor is threatened

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

alnilam posted:

the corean peninsula

that was the standard until japanese colonization
there are half-aspirated and fully aspirated consonants, mostly, in korean, including the velar plosives aspirated and half-aspirated (plain, in some dialects). goryeo starts with the half-aspirated consonant

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

[extremely this guy voice] our city cannot be good if we have a no-cops prosecco

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

alnilam posted:

the corean peninsula

it comes from the name goryeo which was a dynasty that ruled part of the peninsula, depending on the country it was either goryeo -> corea or korea, with the K being agreed upon during the early 20th century... I think??

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Tesseraction posted:

it comes from the name goryeo which was a dynasty that ruled part of the peninsula, depending on the country it was either goryeo -> corea or korea, with the K being agreed upon during the early 20th century... I think??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_Korea#English_usage

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

The year is 2026. President Vince McMahon

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

of course NK and SK don't call either country Korea, NK calls itself Cheoson and SK calls itself Hanguk

NK calls SK "Southern Cheoson" and SK I assume calls NK "Northern Hanguk"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

So I'm just trying to catch up on all the Carter Page craziness now... Like, what the hell? Why is this guy doing this? This can't be real life anymore.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Tesseraction posted:

of course NK and SK don't call either country Korea, NK calls itself Cheoson and SK calls itself Hanguk

lol those idiots don't even know the name of their own countries

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao you're right I'd totally forgotten it was Japan that did it hahahahaha spiteful motherfuckers

Nihon is after Korea so owned b*nch island

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

SK calls itself hang cucked servant to American imperialist dogs

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

So I'm just trying to catch up on all the Carter Page craziness now... Like, what the hell? Why is this guy doing this? This can't be real life anymore.

carter page reacted to the dossier's initial release by saying that Hillary Clinton had committed the worst abuses of human rights in US history since MLK Jr

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Tesseraction posted:

usually gets shortened in the press to "north Han" or literally just the hanja character for north

yeah, 60% of the orangeman coverage in the korean press is about the loving weapons

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

farter rage is crazy, is what I'm saying

saiyan

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

brugroffil posted:

lol those idiots don't even know the name of their own countries

gonna need you to suck your own dick next

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A Handed Missus posted:

SK calls itself hang cucked servant to American imperialist dogs

SK calls itself "animation farm for the ungrateful Nipponese butamen"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

PAGE!

• Locked thread