Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

6 zip guns with RPGs sure does sound fun.
Especially when they all misfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Zamujasa posted:

Games > Space Station 13: aw poo poo now the spider has the katana

...could the spider have eight katanas? :magical:
It has to stand on at least two legs, so it can only have 6.

edit: God dammit this is what I get for not refreshing.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
how does a spider that wears clown shoes hold a katana? :thunk:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
clown gloves

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Kremlin Jenkins [145.9] says, "i think somethings wrong with the space station you guys"

he said as everything on the station was exploding

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
i sometimes ask others if they hear screams that are going on far away. not to bring attention to some potential murder, but to make sure i haven't been injected with some space drugs.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Can someone point me in the right direction for learning about gas mixes and reactions? I'm not looking for a straight list of instructions, but the other day I observed a badass hellburn setup while some traitor ripped apart almost the entire station with canbombs and I have no idea how even the science behind either these things works, let alone how to recreate them. I'd like to figure this stuff out for myself but the info on the wiki as to how gases function/react is sparse and just loving around in the toxin department will probably get me banned once I blow up the research wing on accident.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://clips.twitch.tv/AmusedSmokyHerbsPartyTime

I made a thing

not sure why I still enjoy this game after 10 years, but I do.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Entenzahn posted:

Can someone point me in the right direction for learning about gas mixes and reactions? I'm not looking for a straight list of instructions, but the other day I observed a badass hellburn setup while some traitor ripped apart almost the entire station with canbombs and I have no idea how even the science behind either these things works, let alone how to recreate them. I'd like to figure this stuff out for myself but the info on the wiki as to how gases function/react is sparse and just loving around in the toxin department will probably get me banned once I blow up the research wing on accident.

mix gases that are flammable into a can with different ratios and see what mix is the most flammable. and toxins is expected to blow up, so don't worry too much if that wing gets lost. you can always blame the explosion on chemistry :science:

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Entenzahn posted:

If you're honestly and earnestly experimenting and poo poo goes south (especially if you are caught in your own hubris), you shouldn't be banned or punished at all.

Mix gases, and remember that plasma needs oxygen to burn, and outputs CO2. Also remember that gas can burn anywhere - you don't just need to put it in a canister.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
No one will be suprised if toxins is on fire. Its basically its job to be on fire

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Once you have a gas mix, you can use the VR simulator in chem to test the bomb without harming the station, assuming it's not broken again

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Dieting Hippo posted:

mix gases that are flammable into a can with different ratios and see what mix is the most flammable. and toxins is expected to blow up, so don't worry too much if that wing gets lost. you can always blame the explosion on chemistry :science:

I so rarely see traitors preemptively blame someone killed in the blast for explosions they cause or other havoc they wreak. It's surprising, I've gotten away with all sorts of criming when I roll traitor just by making sure there's no witnesses, then blaming the dead for my crimes (hell, even if I didn't kill them, if they're dead and nobody else knows it, they're an ideal scapegoat, especially if you prevent anyone from finding the body, so they're believed to be at large). The only danger is that Ghost Detective is becoming a more popular dead guy pastime lately, but the easy way to ruin that is to kill someone else, who will inevitably start loving with the Oujia board and render it impossible for the first guy to blow your cover in a way anyone will believe.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Entenzahn posted:

Hi I'm an admin and I can promise you you won't be banned for accidentally destroying stuff while researching plasma. Everyone on the staff has played and/or adminned for a long rear end time and it's really really obvious to us when someone is intentionally being poo poo vs trying to learn the game. We'll be cool with you if you're the latter.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Rule number one of toxins, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Played a round as the only botanist. After i figured out how to use my backpack without beating myself in the face with it I grew some melons. I got some rainbow melons and they kept knocking me on my rear end. Shipped a bunch off to the chef and chopped up the rest to spread around the station. I stopped at the bar for a quick drink before exploring the rest of the station and the barman offered me a drink. After I took a shot a scalpel animated and chased me around, I assumed it was a hallucination or something so I didn't mind. It was not a hallucination. I crawled away and some passing doc healed me then flipped over me.

The rest of the round I was trying to find a saxophone or something. The barman told me to find a nanofab which I am sure if very helpful to nearly anyone else, but not to me. When the shuttle was called I ran as fast as I could to catch it. Sadly I mistook arrivals for escape. Cog2 is massive.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

EclecticTastes posted:

I so rarely see traitors preemptively blame someone killed in the blast for explosions they cause or other havoc they wreak. It's surprising, I've gotten away with all sorts of criming when I roll traitor just by making sure there's no witnesses, then blaming the dead for my crimes (hell, even if I didn't kill them, if they're dead and nobody else knows it, they're an ideal scapegoat, especially if you prevent anyone from finding the body, so they're believed to be at large). The only danger is that Ghost Detective is becoming a more popular dead guy pastime lately, but the easy way to ruin that is to kill someone else, who will inevitably start loving with the Oujia board and render it impossible for the first guy to blow your cover in a way anyone will believe.

i got some cover one time by calling out a changeling that didn't exist. i "didn't catch who it was" and that (plus a changeling-free bloodtest) drew a lot of attention away for most of the round.

funmanguy posted:

The rest of the round I was trying to find a saxophone or something. The barman told me to find a nanofab which I am sure if very helpful to nearly anyone else, but not to me. When the shuttle was called I ran as fast as I could to catch it. Sadly I mistook arrivals for escape. Cog2 is massive.

sorry, that was me and i was in the midst of colorful reagent-centric hijinx and couldn't remember where the lounge was on cog2. nanofabricators can make instrument parts, so if you're having a tough time finding one you can make your own. also if you have an emag you can poop out instruments at any general fabricator.

Dieting Hippo fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 6, 2017

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

Once you have a gas mix, you can use the VR simulator in chem to test the bomb without harming the station, assuming it's not broken again

If all else fails, there's still a space diner, a mining outpost, and various derelicts you can practice on. Hemera is a lot easier when you can just crack it open! :brrring:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

tweet my meat posted:

Rule number one of toxins, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

your RD should authorize and even encourage field experimentation if they're doing their job correctly

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Thief posted:

your RD should authorize and even encourage field experimentation if they're doing their job correctly

The RD should be leading the project and educating their underlings in the best way to melt space.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just be careful of sparks or cigarettes. You dont wanna discover the room is like 10% plasma when youre hacking the mixing room door or using an RCD

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Isaac posted:

Just be careful of sparks or cigarettes. You dont wanna discover the room is like 10% plasma when youre hacking the mixing room door or using an RCD

solution: always be smoking

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

Or hope the geneticists aren’t being worthless and grab heat resistance

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

hope the geneticists aren’t being worthless

Haha, get a load of this optimist.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The RD should be leading the project and educating their underlings in the best way to melt space.

An RD taught me how to make a TTV bomb. We decided to test it on the space diner after verifying it in VR and managed to blow ourselves up in the process. A+ RDing.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Catching up on like 20 pages of thread, two things:

1) Luigi Thirty, watching your posts go from bumbling newbie to scheming traitor mastermind was an absolute delight. Rock on!

2) POPECRUNCH. WHAT IS THE TRIPLEPISS INCIDENT!? You fucks have mentioned it like six times in the past 20 pages without anyone ever telling the story.

RatEarth
Aug 7, 2017

I didn't say that.
but it'd be funny if I did
Space Station 13 has been the killer of any healthy sleep schedule I may have had. It doesn't help that 2:00 AM is just about the only time my internet is stable.
Please help, this game is killing me.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The new fluid system has some interesting interactions if you've got a lot of stuff in your bloodstream. While bleeding weapons seem to just cause a straight bloodstain, surgical mishaps appear to remove a representative sample of your blood. When I went under the knife with a robusstec implant in me (generating omnizine every time there was a wound or health problem), my character kept on bleeding a huge pool of omnizine that flooded the room. To complete the blue blood look, I later found some colourful reagent and kept ingesting it until my bloodstains roughly matched the colour.

Then I kept walking around bleeding at around the same rate the omnizine was replenishing me because the station was way too tidy.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Somewhere a janitor is weeping into his mop

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Could your blood then be used as a healing bath for anyone who felt particularly messy?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

NLJP posted:

Somewhere a janitor is weeping into his mop

In space. He’s in space. Because someone spaced him.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Mors Rattus posted:

Could your blood then be used as a healing bath for anyone who felt particularly messy?

I like how Space Station 13's emergent gameplay has now led to "nonlethal Lady Bathory" as a concept.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
oh god i just realized you could probably do chemistry on the floor with puddles

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Darkman Fanpage posted:

oh god i just realized you could probably do chemistry on the floor with puddles

I'm very interested

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Magres posted:

2) POPECRUNCH. WHAT IS THE TRIPLEPISS INCIDENT!? You fucks have mentioned it like six times in the past 20 pages without anyone ever telling the story.

Oh god okay.

So back in the deeps of time before I was adminned, there was a brand new poison added that was basically an immediate death sentence with very little chance of survival even if you had a fully stocked medbay ready to rock the instant you got dosed: Initropidril. Through subterfuge, spying, begging, and good old fashioned skulduggery I had managed to get the recipe. Unfortunately, word got out that I had the recipe. I couldn't go a single round without some dickweed grabbing me and welding me into a closet to try and force me to give them the recipe or the like, and this wasn't slowed down no matter how many times the jerks got banned (for when they weren't antags). So in a fit of exasperation, I told one guy that the coders had implemented fluid tracking, and that this was key to the recipe: You had to piss in a container, drink it, piss again, drink THAT, and piss yet again. This would still appear as 'urine' if you analyzed it but it's totally triplepiss you guys trust me i swear.

That got them off my nuts for about a week, but then the abductions resumed apace because obviously it wasn't working. Oh, i said, I forgot to mention - it only works if the pisser has B+ blood.

For the next few MONTHS, whoever rolled captain would IMMEDIATELY haul balls to medbay, look up in the med computer everyone with B+ blood, and two minutes later they'd have some poor assistant cornered in some godforsaken maintenance tunnel somewhere, forcing them at gunpoint to drink their own piss. That was YEARS ago and i still get asked about it once in a while.

This is easily the greatest scam I have ever pulled in SS13 and will probably be a record I never beat.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I loving love reading about this game.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Mors Rattus posted:

Omnizine doesn't heal on touch. However, Styptic Powder, Silver Sulfidazine, and Synthflesh do. And Holy Water. Holy Water puddles are also hilariously lethal to vampires.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

HenryEx posted:

I loving love reading about this game.

Same. I've tried to play a few times but gave up. I'm only here for the stories.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I tried water puddles flowing into potassium puddles and the result was a bit ubderwhelming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maybe you could put puddles of potassium around to catch miscreants on the floor buffer