Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

"The loving Mentalist" is still available, you're good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

willie_dee posted:

I want to be taken seriously

?????

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Turn heel and call yourself Acid Face.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Odddzy posted:

Turn heel and call yourself Acid Face.

The Keyboard Warrior

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

quidditch it and quit it posted:

"The loving Mentalist" is still available, you're good to go.

People may confuse him with a sex advice column spinoff of the hit tv show, The Mentalist.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Neon Belly posted:

People may confuse him with a sex advice column spinoff of the hit tv show, The Mentalist.

That's what I thought of immediately so that's a no, and whilst acid face is totally on trend right now, I love it, it's limited in its longevity if the acid attacks become a thing of the past, which I hope they do.

I need something that pops like acid face but also has notes of becoming a future classic. I know it's a lot to ask but this is serious.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Captain Britannia, on account of the super serum that made you this way.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Hmmm duhhh: WilD.

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012

willie_dee posted:

That's what I thought of immediately so that's a no, and whilst acid face is totally on trend right now, I love it, it's limited in its longevity if the acid attacks become a thing of the past, which I hope they do.

I need something that pops like acid face but also has notes of becoming a future classic. I know it's a lot to ask but this is serious.

Captain Acid. Clear ties to your origin story and when the acid face crisis is resolved you can become the go-to guy on peacetime raves.

Alternatively: The Dickpuncher. It'll never go out of style or stop "accidentally" happening during sparring.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

W.M.D.

Willie of Mass Destruction

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Freudian slippers posted:

W.M.D.

This is my fave atm.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/evbmga/the-fightback-against-bristols-instagram-bike-thieves

" Many felt it was time to take things into their own hands. "

Don't worry lads, The WMD is on the case.

[img]deleted[/img]

Holy poo poo the pdf actually has these cunts addresses and all the evidence. How the gently caress has someone not already killed them yet?!

willie_dee fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 8, 2017

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012

Freudian slippers posted:

W.M.D.

The Overcompensator

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

willie_dee posted:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/evbmga/the-fightback-against-bristols-instagram-bike-thieves

" Many felt it was time to take things into their own hands. "

Don't worry lads, The WMD is on the case.

[timg]deleted[/timg]

Holy poo poo the pdf actually has these cunts addresses and all the evidence. How the gently caress has someone not already killed them yet?!

quoting what will soon be referred to as 'exhibit a'

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Wangsbig posted:

quoting what will soon be referred to as 'exhibit a'

Some choice quotes from the article

quote:

"According to Insp Cheeseman, the dossier was full of inaccuracies,"

"One anonymous biker stressed that this behaviour was far from representative of the community at large, who had responded with "maturity and passion in equal measure" to the thefts."

"Don't ride around council estates looking for random bunches of lads to intimidate," he warned. "It will backfire."

Hmmm, seems like someones not got the confidence he needs to make a difference.

quote:

However, Insp Cheeseman also concedes that the lengths some bikers were going to in order to resolve things was a rude awakening. "It was a clear message," he tells me. "Evidence from the local community about how much of an impact this crime type was having on them."

Ah yes, truly I needed vigilante attempts to realise that when someones mode of transport and in some cases someones most expensive possession is stolen and then flaunted on social media, its a problem and has a negative impact on residents.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

willie_dee posted:

Hmmm, seems like someones not got the confidence he needs to make a difference.

This is the effects of proper gun control right here.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

This is the effects of proper gun control right here.

In all seriousness, you make a good point, guns would make this situation genuinely ridiculous and is a really good example of how guns for self defence would mean disaster.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I’m all for gun control but am also glad I live in a country where it’s not taken for granted that gangs of young men can pull women off motorbikes with impunity. That seems completely insane.

Edit: not trying to threadshit. I’m actually here for advice on martial arts but happened to look at the last few posts before reading much of the thread. Every place I’ve found nearby seems like a “McDojo.” :(

Loucks fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 9, 2017

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Loucks posted:

Edit: not trying to threadshit. I’m actually here for advice on martial arts but happened to look at the last few posts before reading much of the thread. Every place I’ve found nearby seems like a “McDojo.” :(

Where are you located and what are you trying to learn how to do?

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

JaySB posted:

He's just trying to learn how to counter willie dee so he can twoc some scooters.

What's your go-to, willie?

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Also I've got a shiny ten pounds that says willie ends up in prison by the end of 2018 if anyone wants to take a piece of the action!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Also, to all the geezers, what does stovec mean?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
What your trying to convey to me is that the police in this here town are in on the moped thefts? It's all coming together now. Thanks for the hot tip.

If a police officer tries to arrest you does it count if you arrest them first?

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Stovec: probably "STOLEN VEHICLE" but for idiots. We had something in the UK ages back called "twocking": TWOC = Taking Without Owner's Consent.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

JaySB posted:

Just north of Indianapolis. I want something that includes grappling and throws. BJJ has always interested me since someone talked me into watching an early UFC championship bout even though it didn’t seem appealing and one of the Gracies clowned his opponent. Mostly the concern is getting quality instruction in something and not throwing money at RexKwonDo. Judo also appeals because it’s apparently fairly standardized due to the Olympic sport, and some of the throws look hilarious. There is a place called SPARTA nearby which has judo, but I haven’t gone so far as to actually ride over there to check it out. I have no idea how to judge a bjj place, and don’t really know what my alternatives are. I’m not looking to go get in street fights because I’m not a total moron, just want to get fitter, get flexible, and if it gives me a plan B if random drunk guy tries to punch me in the face so much the better. I already run a fair amount, so plan A is covered.

If the best advice is “read the thread” I can definitely do that first.
edit: actually it’s only 46 pages so I’m just going to read the drat thing anyway.

quidditch it and quit it posted:

He's just trying to learn how to counter willie dee so he can twoc some scooters.

Yeah this is the plan actually. Ignore all the stuff up there.

Loucks fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 9, 2017

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Loucks posted:

Just north of Indianapolis. I want something that includes grappling and throws. BJJ has always interested me since someone talked me into watching an early UFC championship bout even though it didn’t seem appealing and one of the Gracies clowned his opponent. Mostly the concern is getting quality instruction in something and not throwing money at RexKwonDo.

I honestly can't tell you anything about this place but they teach BJJ near you. The head instructor is a brown belt under a black belt who got his black belt from someone who seems pretty legit though.
http://fishersbrazilianjiujitsu.com

JaySB fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 9, 2017

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
If you are really struggling just getting some mat time with someone who is semi decent instructing is invaluable whilst you carry on your search, just don't get locked into a long contract. Starting out you don't need to have UFC and other pro fighter level people there to legitimise the place as competitive.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Whatever you do, do not listen to Willie

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

JaySB posted:

Whatever you do, do not listen to Willie

Whats wrong with that last post?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

willie_dee posted:

Whats wrong with that last post?

Surprisingly little but I still feel that my advice is sage.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

How this isn't the thread title at this point I have no idea

Loucks
May 21, 2007

JaySB posted:

I honestly can't tell you anything about this place but they teach BJJ near you. The head instructor is a brown belt under a black belt who got his black belt from someone who seems pretty legit though.
http://fishersbrazilianjiujitsu.com

That place looks promising. No crazy promises or toxic macho nonsense. Guess I’ll need to leave my gooncave to check it out.

Thanks. I’ll be doing chi bombs in no time!

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Fishers BJJ posted:

We encourage our students to train as much as possible and to feel free to train at other gyms as well

Probably cool dudes based on this bit

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
That is a stellar point to see made by a gym

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Agree with the above statements, reading through their website again it seems like a pretty cool/chill place to train.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

In my limited experience I would say once there make sure its not just a stable of rotating white and blue belts. It sounds like some gyms have issues of retention and aren't quick to promote people past blue.

Its especially nice if there are a couple of brown/black belts teaching alongside the main instructor that can help out a decent size class when needed.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

In my limited experience I would say once there make sure its not just a stable of rotating white and blue belts. It sounds like some gyms have issues of retention and aren't quick to promote people past blue.

Its especially nice if there are a couple of brown/black belts teaching alongside the main instructor that can help out a decent size class when needed.

Yea, I've been at and seen Gyms where higher level blue belts and above really don't exist. These places are usually attached to martial arts schools instead of being their own BJJ place or a true MMA gym. So think, Karate school or Wingchun school that also has a black/brown belt teaching BJJ there. Usually because the school is just trying to pick up extra student fee's and doesn't really support the program by giving them convenient/enough times to use the mats or have real dumb rules about rolling.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

KildarX posted:

Yea, I've been at and seen Gyms where higher level blue belts and above really don't exist. These places are usually attached to martial arts schools instead of being their own BJJ place or a true MMA gym. So think, Karate school or Wingchun school that also has a black/brown belt teaching BJJ there. Usually because the school is just trying to pick up extra student fee's and doesn't really support the program by giving them convenient/enough times to use the mats or have real dumb rules about rolling.

These sorts of things always make me wonder how I would match up against blue belts from other places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CommonShore posted:

These sorts of things always make me wonder how I would match up against blue belts from other places.

If you have an extra 25/30 bucks to burn do drop ins randomly on places like that in your area. It's fun, because you get to roll with people you wouldn't a lot of other times and sometimes you get a gym where you can just style on people as a mid/high blue belt.