Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Teikanmi posted:

I dunno man I just saw something on reddit that said you should spend all your IP on champ shards and disenchant them or something

not like I have any IP anyways though

I think any champ 3150 or over will give a return, and that's most of them so you might as well roll the dice. I bought 2 shards and got Diana and Annie so basically broke even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Someone on reddit got a Riot response that the math works out. If you have enough IP to roll through potential bad luck (getting, say, Sivir and Ashe would suck) you should be doing it. The gain isn’t huge - expected value is something like +5% - but it’s getting something for nothing sooooo

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
i dont think its worth my time to liquify 130k IP to blue essence even if I get a 5% return

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Shelvocke posted:

Wonder what placement hilarity we can expect this year. Last year I ended on gold 2 in ranked, and got placed in bronze and silver 5 in flex and solo at the beginning of this season.

placements are always conservative to deal with the potential of people stuck in plat 5 due to climbing using some OP thing, and also to encourage high elo players to climb

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Servaetes posted:

i dont think its worth my time to liquify 130k IP to blue essence even if I get a 5% return
Yeah gently caress that.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
Might let you buy something cool in the upcoming BE shop.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Servaetes posted:

:same:

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
TLDR on champ stat adjustments:

+10 Armor: Bard, Fiddles, Gragas, Janna, Eve, Lulu, Nami, Singed, Sona, Soraka

+10 Armor, +15% AS: Mumu, Mundo, Malph, Mao, Naut, Rammus, Shen, Zac

+10 Armor, +5HP/Lvl: Akali, Diana, Ekko, Ivern, Jayce, Kennen, Morde, Zyra, Zilean, Rumble

+20 Armor: Ali, Blitz, Braum, Leo, Tahm, Taric

+5 Armor, +5 HP/Lvl, +10 AD: Corki, Elise, Nida, Nunu, Shaco, Talon, Zed

+12 HP/Lvl: Every ranged mage not mentioned yet, + Fizz, Kass & Kata

Yasuo: +5 AD, +5 HP/Lvl, +5 Armor, +5% AS.
Teemo: +10 AD, +10 HP/Lvl
Kayle: + 15%AS, +10 HP/Lvl

+10 Armor, +10 AD: EVERYONE ELSE

iSurrender fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 7, 2017

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
These champs had 1-3 skills adjusted by +5-10 base damage:

Aatrox, Braum, Camille, Corki, Draven,

Ez, Fiora, GP, Graves, Heca,

J4, Jax, Jayce, Kayne, K6,

Kindred, Kled, Lee, Leo, Lucian,

Noc, Olaf, Panth, Poppy, RekSai,

Renek, Riven, Shaco, Talon, Taric,

Trist, Trynd, Varus, Vayne, Vi, Xin

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
most tanks got 15% more attack speed

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

mid lane is gonna be more volatile without the option of starting with 10 armor and/or 12 MR from runes. i don't think 12 hp/level balances that out.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Tales of Woe posted:

mid lane is gonna be more volatile without the option of starting with 10 armor and/or 12 MR from runes. i don't think 12 hp/level balances that out.

On the other hand MPen reds and AP quints are gone.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

attack speed and armour buffs on mundo? :getin: The king of toplane is back boys

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

iSurrender posted:

On the other hand MPen reds and AP quints are gone.

That's being replaced by the skill trees giving AP/AD. Defensive trees give health.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

on average you're gonna get an 8%~ reward assuming you don't get unlucky. i have 12,000 IP so im not gonna bother since ill probably just get unlucky. also all skins are having their disenchant reward decreased so if you have any skins you don't want make sure to dust them before tonight.

im getting enough BE to buy all the 4800 champs im missing if i want to do that i guess, but id still have 12 of the 6300 champs to buy. they're pretty much adding champs to this game at a rate equal to which i buy them these days lol.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I think I am going to have somewhere in the neighborhood of 75000 BE after refunds and multiplying existing BE. Not sure what I am going to spend it on tbh.

I think I'll get one or two random epic skins from rune pages too

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

My account is from July or August of 2009 and I still am missing like 10 champions. I've bought around 5 with Rp as well

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Abusing Malz in ranked has been so fun hopefully the preseason patch doesn't affect him too much.

Also tried out the Project Vayne skin on Pbe. It is so loving good looking. I don't like the project skinline that much except for the Yasuo one because I am a dirty Yasuo player but I will definitely buy this one.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Tales of Woe posted:

there are free hexdrinker passive/600 free gold towards a zhonyas in sorcery and inspiration at least, plus some armor/MR and health or dorans shield passive from resolve secondary

i wouldnt be surprised if AD assassins end up having to be tuned down though

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
ad and health is getting tuned for most champs but it doesn't look like mp5 is being touched, so playing support is going to be a pain in the rear end from here on out

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also, Aatrox is a sword now officially btw

"One of the ancient darkin, Aatrox was once a peerless swordmaster who reveled in the bloody chaos of the battlefield. Trapped within his own blade by the magic of his foes, he waited out the millennia for a suitable host to wield him - this mortal warrior was corrupted and transformed by the living weapon, and Aatrox was reborn. Though tales of the darkin have now passed into legend, he remembers only too well the destruction of his race, and wreaks his vengeance one sword blow at a time."

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Venuz Patrol posted:

ad and health is getting tuned for most champs but it doesn't look like mp5 is being touched, so playing support is going to be a pain in the rear end from here on out

Manaflow band and I think some Inspiration runes help with MP?

Also did anyone ever run MP/5 runes in S7? I know they were mandatory for a long time but I think that got reworked at some point

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rygar201 posted:

Manaflow band and I think some Inspiration runes help with MP?

Also did anyone ever run MP/5 runes in S7? I know they were mandatory for a long time but I think that got reworked at some point

They were good on Sona, Nami, Taric, and when caster ADCs were good some people ran them I think

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Some Zoe facts:

she is a bad jungler

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Is duskblade rush Ivern secretly good? :smuggo:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

They were good on Sona, Nami, Taric, and when caster ADCs were good some people ran them I think

basically all my mains use mp5 rune pages yeah

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Taciturn Tactician posted:

he can proc it basically on demand, right

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

This owns

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Uniroincally something that might be legit overpowered, particularly since yea, you can proc that poo poo on demand because of free bushes.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

Some Zoe facts:

she is a bad jungler

more like gappy alternative facts

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Watched some of Riot's Zoe stream and she can one shot the caster creeps with q with a little ap so she meets all of the qualifications of being a good midlaner.

Also she killed the Orianna after landing E at level 2, got a redemption active from a minion at lvl 3-4 and a tp from a couple of waves later lol

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Firebert posted:

got a redemption active from a minion at lvl 3-4 and a tp from a couple of waves later lol

uhhhhhh

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
redemption's one of the better early game items to get

you can also get ohmwrecker though lmao

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

i mean ohmwrecker as a item passive you can pick up with w sounds kinda loving rad actually

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGTBknj7Y68
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sMwUTAj0LQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icOMIvQj4C8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=946KgF83UlQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdWkAykcWyY

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Monathin posted:

i mean ohmwrecker as a item passive you can pick up with w sounds kinda loving rad actually

yeah being able to disable towers early on isnt bad it's just that ohmwrecker itself kind of blows

like imagine how much easier a bot dive would be if you had an ohmwrecker at like 7 minutes in, but without having spent like 3k gold or w/e on a bad item

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

it would be cool if ohmwrecker active was like an elixir and the item ohmwrecker built out of the elixir so junglers could spend 500 gold to power up dives

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

That would be very not cool

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Looking forward to not giving a poo poo about runes anymore, took them 8 years but better late than never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Hacker Zoe doesn't put enemies to sleep, she BSODs them. :allears:

• Locked thread