Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey maybe one of the three games From is doing is for Switch? That might be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

From Software already announced they were developing for the Switch.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh poo poo, I hadn't even thought about Katamari Switch.

Katamari Forever Forever when (I honestly don't even know if they made... uh, Wikipedia says two mobage and a Vita launch title since Katamari Forever. That's kind of sad, they literally have this great IP just rotting.)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Portable Dark Souls on a Nintendo console is so unlikely and hilarious that it's obviously going to happen

So I guess you you didn't see the news about Doom and Wolfenstein 2 on the Switch.....

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TFRazorsaw posted:

From Software already announced they were developing for the Switch.

The fact that they were announced as a partner at launch but a game hasn't been teased yet combined with the fact that Nintendo has been cagey about who's making MP4 has me all :tinfoil:

I'm not sure the world is ready for a sword-toting Samus Aran, though the bosses would be fuuuuuuucking amazing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oh poo poo, I hadn't even thought about Katamari Switch.

Katamari Forever Forever when (I honestly don't even know if they made... uh, Wikipedia says two mobage and a Vita launch title since Katamari Forever. That's kind of sad, they literally have this great IP just rotting.)

Katamari would be great on the Switch but I feel like I remember an interview with the dev where they said they didn’t have any more ideas for it

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

They have a chance to not only get you all that love these games to buy again on the Switch but I've never played any of them and i'll jump on the Switch version sure.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Katamari would be great on the Switch but I feel like I remember an interview with the dev where they said they didn’t have any more ideas for it

See, this poo poo shouldn't matter. Put your idea, as old as it is, on the drat system. Make it a greatest hits with the levels or something, I don't know.

Katamari on the Switch. You don't have to be original, you just have to be good, which Katamari inherently is.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

He might also like Splatoon. It's a fun little co-op shooter. It's primarily online, but you can play offline also.

priznat posted:

The videos look hilarious, definitely one to check out. Splatoon too, looks fun. Nice to have quite a few options!

I'd be careful about Splatoon 2 especially if you were planning on (simple) local co-op because it does not do that. I discovered that after not doing enough research. The multiplayer it's got is strictly online, or requires more than one switch being present. That said it is a very good and fun game. Just don't expect to be able to play together.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'd be careful about Splatoon 2 especially if you were planning on (simple) local co-op because it does not do that. I discovered that after not doing enough research. The multiplayer it's got is strictly online, or requires more than one switch being present. That said it is a very good and fun game. Just don't expect to be able to play together.

Ohhh good tip thanks, yeah that’s a dealbreaker for now anyway.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
It's an easy one to pass the control off on though, each match is only 3 minutes.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

See, this poo poo shouldn't matter. Put your idea, as old as it is, on the drat system. Make it a greatest hits with the levels or something, I don't know.

Katamari on the Switch. You don't have to be original, you just have to be good, which Katamari inherently is.

Yeah I’d take a katamari compilation in a heartbeat. Holy poo poo now I really want this.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zelder posted:

But really though Sonic Team is one of the most consistently disappointing teams around. It'll be interesting to see what new depths they plumb when they do a followup to Sonic Forces.

Gahhh, why couldn't they have just done Generations 2.

How long can you run around banking on nostalgia though? Making Generations 2 in the same year as Mania, a game that is literally saying "remember when Sonic was actually fun???", would be signaling they have zero confidence in their ability to bring anything new to the franchise.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Motto posted:

Like colors/generations but all around worse and severely lacking in content and replay value (ranks are even more lenient than gens).

It boggles my mind that Sonic Team had six loving years since Generations, and not only did they end up only making a thoroughly iterative sequel to Generations, they couldn't even manage to make a *good* iterative sequel.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Who needs a new Sonic game every year let alone 2?

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:

lelandjs posted:

The fact that they were announced as a partner at launch but a game hasn't been teased yet combined with the fact that Nintendo has been cagey about who's making MP4 has me all :tinfoil:

I'm not sure the world is ready for a sword-toting Samus Aran, though the bosses would be fuuuuuuucking amazing.

The day has finally come for Raven Blade!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

uPen posted:

Sonic fans I guess.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Miiverse is dying tonight at 11PM PST.:smith:

Press :yeah: to pay respects.

Should be :oh: honestly.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Having skipped the Wii/U generations, I couldn't care less.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The death of the Miiverse will be the death of countless pieces of priceless art.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 7, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yeah I’d take a katamari compilation in a heartbeat. Holy poo poo now I really want this.
The last console game they made was literally one - Katamari Forever back in 2009 was 34 stages, 31 of which were from previous games.

And like, sure, it was a PS3 exclusive, it would probably suck to port, but it loving ruled so just do it anyway.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Nintendo Direct today for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 made me happy. That game looks so good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The last console game they made was literally one - Katamari Forever back in 2009 was 34 stages, 31 of which were from previous games.

And like, sure, it was a PS3 exclusive, it would probably suck to port, but it loving ruled so just do it anyway.

I was just playing this game last week! It's one of my favorite PS3 titles.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Portable katamari was so close to perfection but always fell just short

PSP katamari gimped the controls by using the buttons as a stick, and while it worked it wasn’t great. The game itself was fantastic

Vita katamari was good but relied on the back touch panel which dragged it down. The Vita could also play the psp katamari using two sticks, which makes it the best way to play psp katamari if it weren’t for the fact that no one owns a vita

The switch has two sticks and no back touchpad, plus people actually own Switches, making it the ideal Katamari platform.

Please Bamco make it so.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

uPen posted:

"Sonic the Hedgehog series (Launched 1991) – Approx. 360 million units / downloads (packaged and digital total)"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

Having skipped the Wii/U generations, I couldn't care less.

miiverse was the greatest social media platform ever created and i will not stand for this

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Miiverse owns and the real tragedy isn’t that they’re shutting it down (I get it, it’s old tech that doesn’t work with the Switch), the real tragedy is that they’re shutting it down and not replacing it.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Miiverse captured everything weird and good that the WiiU brought to the table.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I boxed up my WiiU this past weekend. :angel:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

lelandjs posted:

Dark Souls telling its story with the world is exactly the right atmosphere for a Metroid game. I'm down for Samus' arm cannon sprouting a lightsaber out of it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Imagine if Dark Souls had come to the Switch and you could leave messages that were Miiverse comments.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Internet Kraken posted:

Imagine if Dark Souls had come to the Switch and you could leave messages that were Miiverse comments.

:yeah:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Miiverse was 0.5% competent art, 0.5% unintentionally funny, and 99% 7-year-olds flirting with each other

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Spellman posted:

Miiverse was 0.5% competent art, 0.5% unintentionally funny, and 99% 7-year-olds flirting with each other

so, like any other social media platform

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

TFRazorsaw posted:

so, like any other social media platform

Not nearly enough nazis and genuinely thirsty 30-year-old men imo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I boxed up my WiiU this past weekend. :angel:

I still use mine regularly for Netflix and Smash Bros.

Once the switch takes over those tasks, whelp

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

RIP :cheers:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I don't need to have finished or played the first Xenoblade to enjoy the new one right

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Saw the XB2 direct on my commute. I imagine I will be spending a poo poo ton of hours in this game... :unsmith:

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I don't need to have finished or played the first Xenoblade to enjoy the new one right

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Probably not but it's an incredible game you should still play if you're able to

• Locked thread