Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm glad the Jinder nightmare is over but don't get your hopes up for Brock/AJ because it's just gonna be Brock having his match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

The records state that it was won for the first time in Brazil.

I think you're thinking of the Intercontinental Championship.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vilkata posted:

Did AJ have any outstanding matches against hosses in NJPW?

He had some really good matches with Abyss in TNA 10 years ago!

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Nipponophile posted:

nope, they claimed Buddy Rogers won a tournament in Rio de Janeiro after they seceded from the NWA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

I'm glad the Jinder nightmare is over* but don't get your hopes up for Brock/AJ because it's just gonna be Brock having his match

*temporarily

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Nipponophile posted:

No, I checked-- the WWE Championship originates to another fictional tournament in Rio. That was apparently their go-to.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So they kept the belt on Jinder for months and buried great talent for an India tour that now Jinder won't have the title for

Who wants to bet he finally get pegged for roids

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So they kept the belt on Jinder for months and buried great talent for an India tour that now Jinder won't have the title for

Survivor Series is in 12 days, India tour is in December

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chris James 2 posted:

Survivor Series is in 12 days, India tour is in December

Well yeah, but that still doesn't explain why the title switch happens NOW

If Mahal was gonna get the title back just before the tour, why didn't he drop it much earlier on a more invested storyline with Nakamura. The only seeming reason for him to have kept the title over Nakamura was to have the credibiltiy of being a long-holding champion heading into India.

Everything about this reeks of something backstage happening that upset plans

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Who wants to bet he finally get pegged for roids

What if the India tour wasn't the point? What if they literally just thought this was the best idea? What if WWE is dumb and bad at story telling?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Well yeah, but that still doesn't explain why the title switch happens NOW

If Mahal was gonna get the title back just before the tour, why didn't he drop it much earlier on a more invested storyline with Nakamura. The only seeming reason for him to have kept the title over Nakamura was to have the credibiltiy of being a long-holding champion heading into India.

Everything about this reeks of something backstage happening that upset plans

Nakamura's run has kind of sucked while AJ's has been good.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It's cool that the experiment is over for now, but I kinda wish they had just committed to it since Jinder was honestly getting better at the role when they weren't forcing him to cut racist promos and I'd rather see Jinder lose to Brock than another person I like more, or even better, Brock being humbled by the modern day Maharaja.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pretty dumb if they swap the title onto Charlotte with no shows left before the PPV.

That's a match they could have actually built up.

Edit: Alexa vs. Charlotte I mean.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 7, 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Nakamura's run has kind of sucked while AJ's has been good.

If Nakamura's run has sucked why have him go over Cena and Orton to build credibility for his title match?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't give a poo poo about the how or why, getting the belt off Jinder is literally the only thing that matters. Smackdown has withered and died with him as champ.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Teddybear posted:

No, I checked-- the WWE Championship originates to another fictional tournament in Rio. That was apparently their go-to.

I am obviously not giving Brazil's international wrestling tournament scene the respect it deserves.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Pretty dumb if they swap the title onto Charlotte with no shows left before the PPV.

That's a match they could have actually built up.

Yeah, I'm thinking Charlotte and Cara both win their title matches next week

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If Nakamura's run has sucked why have him go over Cena and Orton to build credibility for his title match?

That was the run that sucked

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah it's a lot of last minute corrections to get face/heel going.

If it's Charlotte, then I'd expect her to get the win over Alexa since it seems likely the SD women now have to lose with Asuka in the match. I don't see them giving Nattie a win over Alexa though.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 7, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ENZO PINNED TYLER BATE CLEAN

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The show started with Enzo Amore presenting ‘The Zo Show’ with six UK wrestlers. He introduced each one, it ended with Tyler Bate knocking him out of the ring. Tyler Bate vs Enzo Amore was set for later in the show.
1. Kalisto beat Jack Gallagher.
2. Cedric Alexander and Mark Andrews beat James Drake and Joseph Conners.
3. Enzo beat Tyler Bate clean

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ENZO PINNED TYLER BATE CLEAN

:stare:

no. no loving way.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Benne posted:

I'm glad the Jinder nightmare is over but don't get your hopes up for Brock/AJ because it's just gonna be Brock having his match

I get the distinct impression that Brock is going to Brock Match all AJ, then Jinder will demand his rematch the following Tuesday and Khallas a beat to poo poo AJ in like ten seconds.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Im glad both the Khallas and Jawdunzo are protected

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dude, WWE should be grooming Tyler Bate to be a future megastar. What the gently caress?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

VJeff posted:

Dude, WWE should be grooming Tyler Bate to be a future megastar. What the gently caress?

he's five feet tall

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

hes another vanilla midget with a stupid moustache (see gallagher, jack)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VJeff posted:

No one watches 205 live anyway

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

"Wrestles real good" is like #10 on Vince's list for what he wants in a wrestler.

Plus, hometown babyfaces don't win in WWE unless they're named Phil Brooks.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

gently caress yeah

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:woop:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Huh I guess that explains why the press release for the Indian Tour said Jinder was a 2 time WWE champion

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

brock vs aj is going to Rule

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Huh I guess that explains why the press release for the Indian Tour said Jinder was a 2 time WWE champion

Hahahaha

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

achillesforever6 posted:

Is that true?

Jesus Christ.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

achillesforever6 posted:

Don't do this :(

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

achillesforever6 posted:

Stop it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

"Wrestles real good" is like #10 on Vince's list for what he wants in a wrestler.

Plus, hometown babyfaces don't win in WWE unless they're named Phil Brooks.

Tyler Bate also has a great body and could be a superstar in a foreign market, I thought Vince liked that poo poo. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

it's such a shame they had to break up Jinder's reign and give the belt to this vanilla midget just because Brock is scared of a Shoot Khallas