Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Problematic Dis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

I read that comment but I don't think that actually happened

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh I thought it was longer than three volumes. :/

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Nope, it got the axe and Morinaga had to finish it up.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Filing this pic away under "when a manga unexpectedly becomes yuri" for later use.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It may have some use in the Mousou Telepathy and Slice of Life threads.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mikl posted:

Filing this pic away under "when a manga unexpectedly becomes yuri" for later use.

Wheres it from???

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The latest chapter of Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san :yeah:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That reminds me, a couple days ago Yen Press announced they're brining over Eclair, a yuri anthology. From what I've seen scanned I wouldn't call it a must-buy or anything, but it's neat in that I don't usually hear about those coming over, especially when it's not just the work of a single author.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mikl posted:

Thank

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mikl posted:

I want to know what their part time jobs are.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Got the first volume of Sweet Blue Flowers, it's nice looking and has a dust cover and everything.
I'm getting very mixed emotions from reading it again though.
'Mixed' may be an understatement.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Got the first volume of Sweet Blue Flowers, it's nice looking and has a dust cover and everything.
I'm getting very mixed emotions from reading it again though.
'Mixed' may be an understatement.

Same.

But i still love her art her writing (much of the time anyway) and i went ahead and preoredered volume two because that's just how i am i guess.

I want to go to her exhibition

https://twitter.com/takakoshimura/status/926940334801666048

e: for awhile i wasn't 100% sure if her color work was actual watercolors or just some cool digital coloring technique or something, but seeing them all on those walls and it's all paint on paper and owns.
https://twitter.com/t_shimura_20th/status/926814141053943809

a kitten fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 5, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Also, there's a new Fragments of Love that has boys in it! :aaa:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fragments_of_love_fragment#1
the boys are gay

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's just a shame because if it weren't for the wishy washy ending Aoi Hana would probably be my favourite manga of all time.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Yea... Was there some specific reason it ended so half-assed? With how smoothly most of it progresses it almost feels like the ending arc got fed through a paper shredder to condense it by a couple chapters.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i'm happy for the dopey gay boy but i have no clue where i am in fragments of love

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waci posted:

Yea... Was there some specific reason it ended so half-assed? With how smoothly most of it progresses it almost feels like the ending arc got fed through a paper shredder to condense it by a couple chapters.

Nothing concrete but both of the manga she was working on at the time got wrapped up very suddenly so it's possible they got dropped by the publishers. Or she just sucks at endings.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

My copy of Aoi Hana hasn't even arrived at the store yet. And the second book is listed as being available in january.

DisDisDis posted:

i'm happy for the dopey gay boy but i have no clue where i am in fragments of love
Yeah it's kinda hard to tell.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll be honest everyone in Takayama Jin's stuff looks the same to me

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

That's been improving a bit in later stuff, but still yeah for the most part. But I like the style so it's fine by me.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

chumbler posted:

That's been improving a bit in later stuff, but still yeah for the most part. But I like the style so it's fine by me.

Yeah, I like her style too even if mostly everyone has the same face

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

It's just a shame because if it weren't for the wishy washy ending Aoi Hana would probably be my favourite manga of all time.

Yeah, I felt like it never really went anywhere with some of the side characters, and I also feel like either an ending where they stay broken up or one where they stayed together without the awkward break-up and suddenly getting back together years later would have been preferable to what we ended up getting. Like, I understand that we can infer short girl (I forget their names) came to grips with her feelings and sexual orientation over time, culminating with her jealousy at seeing tall girl with someone else, but it all happened too fast.

That being said, I really liked how "un-cliche" the characters felt relative to other LGBT manga characters. Stuff like the relatively shy character who looks up to her love interest also being taller and more experienced in love/relationships is pretty unique and uncommon.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/_Zeria_/status/927316433662484480

link

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sweet!

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I felt like it never really went anywhere with some of the side characters, and I also feel like either an ending where they stay broken up or one where they stayed together without the awkward break-up and suddenly getting back together years later would have been preferable to what we ended up getting. Like, I understand that we can infer short girl (I forget their names) came to grips with her feelings and sexual orientation over time, culminating with her jealousy at seeing tall girl with someone else, but it all happened too fast.

That being said, I really liked how "un-cliche" the characters felt relative to other LGBT manga characters. Stuff like the relatively shy character who looks up to her love interest also being taller and more experienced in love/relationships is pretty unique and uncommon.

I love Fumi (the tall one) so much.

She keeps drawing them being all cute together, i hope she does a followup manga or something even if it's just a one-shot at Comiket or whatever. :pray:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is section chief the best?

Yes, he is.

Also I'm rooting for Azuma, because it is my fate to root for the doomed ship.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

chumbler posted:

Also I'm rooting for Azuma, because it is my fate to root for the doomed ship.

Boy, talk about leaping for the ferry after it's already fifty yards away from the dock.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not that it's just that it's super long running and like, a fair number of chapters aren't labeled in a sense making way iirc. Like the next one after that latest one came out in 2014?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

It's not that it's just that it's super long running and like, a fair number of chapters aren't labeled in a sense making way iirc. Like the next one after that latest one came out in 2014?

They're mostly in order on Dynasty except for like one of the not numbered chapters in volume 3 is out of order. Gonna assume the new one being put in at the end of volume 2 makes sense but I dunno.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
poo poo's happening in Tamen de Gushi:

https://i.imgur.com/cSKnq29.jpg

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

poo poo's happening in Tamen de Gushi:

https://i.imgur.com/cSKnq29.jpg
:3:

At last! :neckbeard:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I was just thinking the other day at how long it had been since I read a Tamen de Gushi chapter, to the point where I was having trouble remembering the comic's name.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I always wondered why it wasn't just titled "Their Story" in the English version

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Pastrymancy posted:

I always wondered why it wasn't just titled "Their Story" in the English version

It is (on the place that's doing the scanlation) and a couple other websites but not everywhere.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't believe Historia and Ymir finally kissed.

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY
It happened

http://yaoi-blcd.tumblr.com/tagged/their-story

We have the good stuff, right here, the latest update.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sindai posted:

I can't believe Historia and Ymir finally kissed.

lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
hope this puts some pressure on Old Xian to move things along in 19 Days lol

coathat
May 21, 2007

Taamo’s new series is getting a digital release from kodansha. They’ve already got the first two volumes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

New Kaguya.