Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Willa Rogers posted:

Stache's child-support debt was a whopping $1257, or about the tab for one dinner for 12 at the DNC.

That said, it's still crappy so I'm ok if Myers wins.

what if he had cancer during that time

id cut him slack on that one if that was the case

if he had the money or w/e then nah, thats turbo lovely

but like some mysterious figure said

i wont let perfect get in the way of good~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'd also overlook it if it was him initially being a manchild, but then accepting reason. If you make good on your past there isn't much need for torches and pitchforks.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

anime was right posted:

Main Paineframe posted:

Sadly, my story is not unique. Thousands of people across Wisconsin have experienced the same soul-crushing decision to file for bankruptcy. It’s just wrong. I was very lucky to be able to resolve my case over a few years, but not everyone is that fortunate. As a veteran, I know some of the hardest hit by this crisis are the brave men and women who have served our country only to have the system turn its back on them. It’s gone on too long, and it’s not something I will stand by and continue to watch.

I know what it’s like to look your child in the eyes and have to explain that your job has changed and times were going to be tight for a while. I had to do it, and I fell behind on my child support payments.

Thankfully, my son’s mom and I were able to work together, putting our son first, and we made a plan to ensure all his needs were met in the fastest way possible. But kids shouldn’t suffer because parents fall on hard times. We have to do better, and I believe we can.

It breaks my heart that these stories are as common as they are, right here in Southeastern Wisconsin and across the country. It’s scary being in these situations. You’re a nervous wreck, you’re ashamed you can’t protect and take care of your family, and you don’t know how you’re going to claw your way back. Like so many people, I can say that I’ve had to borrow money from friends and family in tough times.

I mean it's possible he's lying, but that's a pretty good answer for why you went $1200 delinquent at one point

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Has the mother come out with a response to the accusation?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bryce having financial troubles makes him more relatable to 99% of Americans than anyone in Congress

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/928021023957684226

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Seriously, being delinquent on any payment, stealing cable or defrauding a bank are all positives, not negatives.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

anime was right posted:

the same story cc cited (but didn't link) has the salacious details of stache's personal bk:

quote:

Records show Bryce filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 1999, listing $3,928 in assets and $6,545 in liabilities. He had just recently taken a job as an ironworker for Oneida Erecting in Eagle, earning slightly more than $20,000 a year.

Bryce said in his HuffPost column that he had to seek bankruptcy protection because "my mounting medical bills and other debt became too much to bear." He is a cancer survivor.

According to his filings, Bryce's biggest debts were phone and electric bills. He also owed $950 for counseling. His only medical bill was for $125 to Aurora Medical Services.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ryan/839358001/

it's not like one would scramble to pay off medical debt above other debt, given the medical industry's aggressive collections practices.

oh, and he borrowed $1776 from someone in 2006 that he never paid off. MONSTER.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I like it when my politicians are thieves and of questionable moral standing

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'd also overlook it if it was him initially being a manchild, but then accepting reason. If you make good on your past there isn't much need for torches and pitchforks.
small time bank troubles are unforgivable, and that's why slave owning is ok

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/928022286308921344

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Vox Nihili posted:

Always vote, even if you just scribble JEB! over the whole thing.

Already did the main voting, and my beloved Zainab Balloch didn't make city council. :(

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
oops

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Taintrunner posted:

Bryce having financial troubles makes him more relatable to 99% of Americans than anyone in Congress

It's like when bad dems were unironically arguing that Bernie having been poor at one point was some kind of dealbreaker oppo silver bullet.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's like when bad dems were unironically arguing that Bernie having been poor was some kind of dealbreaker oppo silver bullet.

Bernie's back in day run-down apartment stories owned like how he ran extension cords to his landlord's basement to steal electricity.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol, that stache story reminded me of this:

Obama Pays Parking Tickets 17 Years Late
The Associated Press
Thursday, March 8, 2007; 9:27 PM

BOSTON -- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama got more than an education when he attended Harvard Law School in the late 1980s. He also got a healthy stack of parking tickets, most of which he never paid.

The Illinois Senator shelled out $375 in January _ two weeks before he officially launched his presidential campaign _ to finally pay for 15 outstanding parking tickets and their associated late fees.

The story was first reported Wednesday by The Somerville News.

Obama received 17 parking tickets in Cambridge between 1988 and 1991, mostly for parking in a bus stop, parking without a resident permit and failing to pay the meter, records from the Cambridge Traffic, Parking and Transportation office show.

He incurred $140 in fines and $260 in late fees in Cambridge in all, but he paid $25 for two of the tickets in February 1990.

Jen Psaki, a spokeswoman for the Obama campaign, dismissed the tickets as not relevant.

"He didn't owe that much and what he did owe, he paid," Psaki said on Wednesday. "Many people have parking tickets and late fees. All the parking tickets and late fees were paid in full."

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Probably Magic posted:

Northam's going to lose.

insha allah

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

small time bank troubles are unforgivable, and that's why slave owning is ok

I'm referring to the child support.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm referring to the child support.
same deal

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i assume a working person like stache couldn't afford to pay the child support

there could be numerous reasons but to be incredibly fickle over it is exactly why the circular firing squad exists, since you would already assume the worst without getting all of the facts

if he was deliberate about it like Joe Walsh then yea, he's a piece of poo poo, granted. People are complicated, life is a mess and you can't smoosh them through your ideal triangle hole for the triangle block precisely so because you have your narrative already laid out and already wrote his lifestory there. It's so presumptuous and arrogant~

next thing i know he'll have felony charges for manslaughter but really it was just a steel girder that got loose and impaled 10 workers on a long and hard backbreaking day

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Lastgirl posted:

i assume a working person like stache couldn't afford to pay the child support

there could be numerous reasons but to be incredibly fickle over it is exactly why the circular firing squad exists, since you would already assume the worst without getting all of the facts

if he was deliberate about it like Joe Walsh then yea, he's a piece of poo poo, granted. People are complicated, life is a mess and you can't smoosh them through your ideal triangle hole for the triangle block precisely so because you have your narrative already laid out and already wrote his lifestory there. It's so presumptuous and arrogant~

next thing i know he'll have felony charges for manslaughter but really it was just a steel girder that got loose and impaled 10 workers on a long and hard backbreaking day
but abuela should be forgiven for owning slaves, plus they probably deserved it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

but abuela should be forgiven for owning slaves, plus they probably deserved it

you know that's conflation :nono:

child support is slavery :qq:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i certainly couldn't come up with 1400 bucks on the spot right now, let alone if i was unemployed and recovering from cancer

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

i certainly couldn't come up with 1400 bucks on the spot right now, let alone if i was unemployed and recovering from cancer

but you see if you had governor mansion slaves...

(idk what the gently caress that has to do with it but just pretend that im radiating with purity, enough to cure your cancer through the aura alone)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Lastgirl posted:

broke: owing a low four digit number in child support/back taxes/rent
woke: robbing an entire political party's election apparatus twice over, owning slaves

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

broke: owing a low four digit number in child support/back taxes/rent
woke: robbing an entire political party's election apparatus twice over, owning slaves

hillary would have lost

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

this is gonna be similar to when hill folk tried to slam bernie for stealing utilities or whatever it was and it backfired on them

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

fits my needs posted:

I like it when my politicians are thieves and of questionable moral standing

Show me a person who has never been reduced to theft and I'll show you someone who thinks $250k qualifies as middle class.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
oh no something incredibly relatable to poor people that he owned up to

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the awkward point in the suck zone where fits my needs has to either defend abuela and/or own up to the fact that he wishes he was a slave owner in dubai

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Lastgirl posted:

"Preach!"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dreylad posted:

oh no something incredibly relatable to poor people that he owned up to

i think there are genuinely people who are like "why didn't he just use his savings to pay off the 1400???? he's in his 40s so im sure he has at least 50k in there!!!"

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
what if randy's kids are jerks like real fuckin jerks like maybe they're pewdiepiefans or something

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

i think there are genuinely people who are like "why didn't he just use his savings to pay off the 1400???? he's in his 40s so im sure he has at least 50k in there!!!"

tied up into mortgage, randy scritches his head and mouths the word "gently caress me" while looking at the piles of bills

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

deadgoon posted:

what if randy's kids are jerks like real fuckin jerks like maybe they're pewdiepiefans or something

good point

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

deadgoon posted:

everyones kids are jerks

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Al! posted:

everyones kids are jerks

and yet we do nothing about it. it's time for solutions.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
to ensure the survival of the american people, its time to end kids

they're such a massive drain on the economy and they don't even work, and some i assume are good people

but folks...the kids gotta go

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Lastgirl posted:

to ensure the survival of the american people, its time to end kids

they're such a massive drain on the economy
with the amount of lead in the water that's soon to be okayed in every state but california and colorado and some pissant new england states smaller than new york, that might be happening sooner rather than later

or they'll just go on random murdering sprees like the tail end of the roman empire's lead poisoning problem, either/or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Concerned Citizen posted:

and yet we do nothing about it. it's time for solutions.

a modest proposal for how to get my toddler to stop bullying older kids

• Locked thread