Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

So I broke down and bought a used PSP from somebody local off of Facebook Marketplace. I'd forgotten what an amazing little piece of hardware these things were. Where the Vita is basically an underpowered console with a built-in screen, the PSP is an overpowered handheld.

On the other hand, trying to find and download old purchases off of PSN is painful. No, Sony, I don't need to see a list of every goddamn thing I've ever gotten on PSN, most of which are marked 'Not usable on PSP.' I just want to see a list of 'PSP, full games.'

Honestly it’s just easier to hack the loving thing. Trying to go through the PSN is painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

TheCenturion posted:

So I broke down and bought a used PSP from somebody local off of Facebook Marketplace. I'd forgotten what an amazing little piece of hardware these things were. Where the Vita is basically an underpowered console with a built-in screen, the PSP is an overpowered handheld.

On the other hand, trying to find and download old purchases off of PSN is painful. No, Sony, I don't need to see a list of every goddamn thing I've ever gotten on PSN, most of which are marked 'Not usable on PSP.' I just want to see a list of 'PSP, full games.'

You're probably better off going through the web store on PC and syncing it that way.

MarcusSA posted:

Honestly it’s just easier to hack the loving thing. Trying to go through the PSN is painful.

Or that.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The PSP still feels really good, especially the later models like the Street (even though it has no network capabilities.)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I got my PSP out a couple of weeks ago and it went back in the drawer about 20 minutes later when I remembered I have a hacked Vita that can play anything I'd be playing on the PSP anyway.

That screen is loving terrible after playing on the Vita, and the analog stick is basically a torture device.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

I got my PSP out a couple of weeks ago and it went back in the drawer about 20 minutes later when I remembered I have a hacked Vita that can play anything I'd be playing on the PSP anyway.

That screen is loving terrible after playing on the Vita, and the analog stick is basically a torture device.

I still like my PSPgo. Its nice and small I don't use it much but I play with it every so often.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I bought The 3rd Birthday a few months ago, but haven't played it yet. I finally decided to pop it in last night, but my PSP's battery was dead. I instead continued my playthrough of Ys VIII.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Your PSP is telling you something.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Phantasium posted:

Your PSP is telling you something.

Yeah, it needs a charge before I start playing an awesome 3rd person shooter (from what I've seen in youtube videos).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

Yeah, it needs a charge before I start playing an awesome 3rd person shooter (from what I've seen in youtube videos).

Prepare for disappointment.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

BisterdDave posted:

Set expectations very low.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Wamdoodle posted:

Set expectations very low.

From what I've read in this thread, I kinda have.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
parasite eve the third birthday: waifu nightmare

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Third birthday is rad except for the boss fights which have that bullet sponge problem a lot of shooter bosses have

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I strongly recommend just reading the letsplayarchive thread on it.

Actually I strongly recommend not even doing that, but if you're just morbidly curious about the game or whatever that is definitely preferable than actually playing it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It plays fine for a third person shooter on a PSP and it has a cool mind jacking gimmick

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I still like my PSPgo. Its nice and small I don't use it much but I play with it every so often.

I love the PSP go. It's the ultimate PS1. And the smaller screen looks so good that I don't mind going back to it after playing Vita games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I liked the Go for the on-board storage and the compact form factor but I miss the heftier feel of an actual PSP/Vita-like device.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

In Training posted:

It plays fine for a third person shooter on a PSP and it has a cool mind jacking gimmick

Yeah if you skip the cutscenes it can actually be a fun game. It gets really fun on higher difficulties because your life bar is independent from the bodies you're jacking, which encourages body jumping almost nonstop to avoid taking hits and it's awesome as hell

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

My backup 8gb memory card that I've had plugged into my vita tv for a while just stopped reading at all. Like no error messages or anything the vita and vita tv both just don't think there's anything there. I was using it earlier today with no issues, a few hours later I turned my vita tv back on and it is just nothing. I had a pretty lengthy save file on it in one game too, this has made me very unhappy.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRni5Uj8zEw

Still around, I guess!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Oh nice, I might actually get around to playing it in that case.

I mean the Vita is a dumb gay dead system but when I have an option to get a game on it or another system, as someone who takes public transit, I'm going to pick the Vita every time. I recently bought Salt and Sanctuary during the Halloween sale, and just platinumed it over the weekend since I had been playing it off and on wherever I happened to be sitting fairly non-stop. If only Sony hadn't been so incredibly incompetent in their marketing and proprietary garbage.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I like VNs but that game seemed real bad when I played the steam version, writing quality-wise

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Morpheus posted:

Oh nice, I might actually get around to playing it in that case.

I mean the Vita is a dumb gay dead system but when I have an option to get a game on it or another system, as someone who takes public transit, I'm going to pick the Vita every time. I recently bought Salt and Sanctuary during the Halloween sale, and just platinumed it over the weekend since I had been playing it off and on wherever I happened to be sitting fairly non-stop. If only Sony hadn't been so incredibly incompetent in their marketing and proprietary garbage.

As someone who loved the Vita for the same reason, I can highly recommend getting a switch at some point

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Finally!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

In Training posted:

As someone who loved the Vita for the same reason, I can highly recommend getting a switch at some point

Oh I have one, but I feel weird pulling it out like on the bus or whatever. It's fantastic, though, when someone else is using the ps4.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh man I can get a physical copy of it for the vita to put next to my vinyl recordings of its soundtrack in my Shrine to Dead Formats.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Saint Freak posted:

Oh man I can get a physical copy of it for the vita to put next to my vinyl recordings of its soundtrack in my Shrine to Dead Formats.

I got a physical copy of DR3, my third or fourth physical Vita game among probably close to a hundred downloadable titles, and...it's surprisingly convenient, I had actually kind of forgotten that physical copies can actually have advantages.

Especially if you have multiple Vitas like some kind of psychopath, like me.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

food court bailiff posted:

I got a physical copy of DR3, my third or fourth physical Vita game among probably close to a hundred downloadable titles, and...it's surprisingly convenient, I had actually kind of forgotten that physical copies can actually have advantages.

Yeah, I only have a 16 GB memory card and that's enough for like four games, maybe even less for the really big ones. Buying physical copies means I can just play what I feel like without worrying about managing the available space. (Plus, if something isn't available in your country's PSN store, importing a physical copy is by far the least inconvenient way around that).

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

food court bailiff posted:

As a multiple-vita-haver I am very excited to rip everything to SD2VITA and just use my other vita for ps4 remote play.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Oscar Wild posted:

My left thumbstick tracks up. Is this something I should do myself or contact Sony? Seems to be a common problem.

Back quoting myself still with this problem. Apparently it's pretty common for the analog sticks to become hosed up. Still wondering whether anyone has experience talking to sony or replacing the analog sticks.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The sticks can be replaced but you have to take the whole console apart to get at them, Vita is assembled in such a way that you have to go in from the rear.

Ifixit probably (almost definitely, since I used one of theirs to get at my 3G card to install psvsd) has a tear down for it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm not too afraid to go in from the rear. How responsive is Sony for fixing this sort of stuff? Im 80% sure I'm going to do it myself at this point anyway.

And, is there a preferred seller of replacement analog sticks?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't think you can even select PS Vita on the Sony warranty website anymore and have to open chat support.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I downloaded the Danganronpa 3 demo and the audio is muted as gently caress, is this fixed in the full game?

E: vvvvv Great, thanks!

POLICE CAR AUCTION fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 12, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

I downloaded the Danganronpa 3 demo and the audio is muted as gently caress, is this fixed in the full game?

Yeah, the full version has a "High Quality Audio" download that gives you higher quality English VA on top of Japanese VA. I think NISA explained they couldn't fit everything on the cart but yeah you can go download the free audio pack.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the sound mix was also just a big mess in the demo, at least on ps4

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Mercenary Kings might still be coming to Vita.

https://twitter.com/TributeGames/status/930843167380987904

:psyduck:

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

where's the best place to buy a vita usb cable, amazon only has third party cables and sketchy "not retail packaging" listings for the official one

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

inferis posted:

where's the best place to buy a vita usb cable, amazon only has third party cables and sketchy "not retail packaging" listings for the official one

The "non-retail packaged" ones are OEM still.

To be honest any of them are fine for just charging the console, third party are hit and miss for USB transfer but they charge fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamerMage
Sep 25, 2004

inferis posted:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Brand-New-USB-Data-Charge-Cable-For-PSV-PSVITA-PS-VITA-1000-2-in1/32798854238.html