Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Seconding this. I know me and Fancy did some arguing, but I'm glad y'all's work kept that piece of poo poo Gillespie out :)

Yea, I might argue about ideal candidates and strategy and whatnot but at the end of the day, Dems winning is still the best outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lote posted:

Dems looking to pick up 19 right now in the Virginia House if voting stopped

I count 21

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

axeil posted:

I hope we've lit a little candle of hope for the rest of the country tonight.

You guys don't know how much this has raised my spirits. I'm gonna have really good tacos on Friday in celebration.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I know its a literal pipe dream but what do the Dems need for a super majority?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

67 total seats. Thats a pickup of 31

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Last year, Donald Trump couldn’t steal my sobriety.

This year, nobody can steal my motherfucking sunshine.

ALL BLUE EVERYTHING MOTHERFUCKERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULGzj0iRaXg&t=5s

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Paracaidas posted:

It's a shame that's never happened before!

:getin::v:

For those not in deep in VA politics, the Dems lost the Governor's election in 2009 but had a 20-20 margin in the Senate. A single Dem senator "retired" under shady circumstances and swung the chamber to the GOP.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/928077157162680322

:ohdear:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Trumpist Scum that Danica Roam beat tonight refused to shake her hand, to debate her and to call her by her proper gender.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

mcmagic posted:

The Trumpist Scum that Danica Roam beat tonight refused to shake her hand, to debate her and to call her by her proper gender.

that win keeps getting better and better

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
The Rains of Cumberland

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/928077659069874176

4 votes. Whoa.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

mcmagic posted:

:boom:

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/928071900840038400

https://twitter.com/latinovictoryus/status/928069568802775041

:yayclod:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
We're all still doomed but I'd like to give a quick thank-you to Fancy rear end Ho for introducing me to Everything Everything, these guys are jammin

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Eat poo poo Gillespie

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I didn’t dare to dream for more than seven seats.

Thirteen and rising?!

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
drat my state sure loves its bland democrats. Not mad at all though, go Northam!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Thirteen and rising?!

Its going to be 18. Book it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

the va senate being up for election, which its not unfortunately

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/latinovictoryus/status/928072100446957568

:yayclod: :yayclod: :yayclod:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Its going to be 18. Book it.

This'll be it.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Oxxidation posted:

We're all still doomed but I'd like to give a quick thank-you to Fancy rear end Ho for introducing me to Everything Everything, these guys are jammin

Ivory Tower has been my god damned war anthem since it dropped, just unreal live, pure fury live, I may have gone into a trance

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Thirteen and rising?!

The Hope is Real

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jay-V posted:

drat my state sure loves its bland democrats. Not mad at all though, go Northam!

Trump bad

Centrism good

Bernie would have won

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Wait, seriously? As in the votes of four people?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

Yes.

EVERY. VOTE. MATTERS.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

evilweasel posted:

the va senate being up for election, which its not unfortunately

Yep. Terms are 4 years so the next chance to take it (barring retirements :getin: ) is 2019.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

https://www.vpap.org/electionresults/election-8829/map/

yup

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

HEY GUYS MADDOW IS JUST COMING ON

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Fulchrum posted:

Yep. Literally just bugging your mom/dad/brother/sister/boyfriend/girlfriend/coworker to vote could make the difference.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/ConnorPHolt/status/928070651298156545

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Are these idiots really going to cut away from Northam or Murphy's speeches to see orange fuckface bloviate in Korea?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Fulchrum posted:

Well before absentees. Local races are tiny and can have tiny margins. But obviously one vote never matters.

Well since VA is now officially a blue state, time for me to move on. From now on I am Georgian.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

farraday posted:

Well before absentees. Local races are tiny and can have tiny margins. But obviously one vote never matters.

Well since VA is now officially a blue state, time for me to move on. From now on I am Georgian.

The sentiment is still true though. I'm sure there's closer examples in places I don't live but in 2004 the WA governor's race was determined by less than 200 votes

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

The other replies to the OP are great.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

mcmagic posted:

Perez is on MSNBC taking a victory lap that he had nothing to do with. Meh.

For further context on why this is the dumbest loving take of the evening:

Democrats Go ‘All-In’ for Virginia Governor’s Race--7/25/17 posted:

by ALEX SEITZ-WALD

WASHINGTON — The Democratic National Committee is sending $1.5 million and several top staffers to Virginia to boost gubernatorial nominee Ralph Northam, whose war chest was depleted after a tough primary campaign, an official told NBC News.

It’s a significant financial and personnel investment for a national party that has underperformed in fundraising expectations and a reflection of the importance of this year’s elections in Virginia, where Democrats are also hoping to make gains in the House of Delegates and hold onto state-wide offices.

“The DNC is all-in in Virginia,” DNC Chairman Tom Perez said in a statement. “We are training organizers, doubling our boots on the ground, and making significant investments in our digital and data operations that will help lift Democrats to victory up and down the state ballot.”

In addition to doubling the number of paid field organizers in the state, the money will be used to beef up the party’s operations in the state, including training, digital and tech.

Perez is also sending three of his top political aides, including Chief of Staff Sam Cornale, DNC Political and Organizing Director Amanda Brown Lierman, and DNC political adviser Ramsey Reid, who ran get-out-the-vote operations for the Virginia Democratic Coordinated Campaign in 2016.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
David Wasserman 9:02 PM

Democrats In The Lead For The House Of Delegates?

Again, I never thought I’d be saying this, but by my back-of-the-envelope count, Democrats are currently in the lead to pick up Virginia’s House of Delegates. They started the night with 34 of 100 seats and have already picked up 12 GOP-held seats. There are eight more GOP-held seats that are still too close to call, and Democrats are currently in the lead in six of them. If those leads hold, the speaker of Virginia’s House of Delegates in 2018 will be a Democrat. Given the GOP’s aggressive gerrymander of Virginia’s delegate districts in 2011, this is what you’d call a tidal wave.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

The sentiment is still true though. I'm sure there's closer examples in places I don't live but in 2004 the WA governor's race was determined by less than 200 votes

Mark Herring won his AG race in 2013 by less than 500 votes.

He ended up being the one to put a stop to Trump's Muslim ban since the DC-area airports are all in Virginia.

Your vote always matters.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/928080765937647617

10 point win is in range :stare:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Perriello would have dissolved Gillespie into a cloud of pink mist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

axeil posted:

Mark Herring won his AG race in 2013 by less than 500 votes.

He ended up being the one to put a stop to Trump's Muslim ban since the DC-area airports are all in Virginia.

Your vote always matters.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/928080765937647617

10 point win is in range :stare:

It's delicious. We have needed a day like this for months.

• Locked thread