Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

VulgarandStupid posted:

Jscubby is a super chill dude w/big biceps.

This is a joke right? Isn't that the same dude I posted the video of him being the worlds biggest douche?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/PLAYERUNKNOWN/status/927933164550541313

They're now selling 5 million copies a month for the past two months.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

willroc7 posted:

chocoTaco

He's the best

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

willroc7 posted:

chocoTaco

He dumped almost 400 viewers into my Extra Life stream with a host on Friday night, he's a good chill dude.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Pleads posted:

He dumped almost 400 viewers into my Extra Life stream with a host on Friday night, he's a good chill dude.

he's also real good at the game while also explaining why he does things

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Or why he shouldn't be doing what he's doing. :P

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

VulgarandStupid posted:

If PUBG has VAC bans that stole the inventory of cheaters like CSGO does, there would be less monetary reasons to cheat. Think about that.

VAC is definitely the way to go, there's no doubt about it in my mind that it would make the situation way better if not fix it altogether.

Also I would say Battleeye is working reasonably well given the sheer amount of hackers out there. On OC we probably get a definite hacker once every 5 games, which is bad, but compared to DayZ in which every single game had at least one guy doing it it's better...

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
The only problem I can see with VAC is that it tends to act very slowly with its delayed ban system. For a problem this large, they'd have to strike hard and fast.

The other issue is that there's no appealing VAC bans, so if there's any false positives stemming from BlueHole's wonderful code then, welp.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Staturbating lead to the neutering of goons in asia servers

Thanks obams

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

odiv posted:

Or why he shouldn't be doing what he's doing. :P

*choco voice*

Hrm yeah there’s probably someone here. This is risky but I don’t really have a choice

*gets blasted*

ah- yeah. *sighs as chill low-fi turns back on* I guess I could have looped around the right instead. No way to have known that was the right move though. Oh well

I know I’ve said this before but that dude really is the Bob Ross of battlegrounds

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

*choco voice*

Hrm yeah there’s probably someone here. This is risky but I don’t really have a choice

*gets blasted*

ah- yeah. *sighs as chill low-fi turns back on* I guess I could have looped around the right instead. No way to have known that was the right move though. Oh well

I know I’ve said this before but that dude really is the Bob Ross of battlegrounds

now you see that's a friendly little bush right there, we're going to sit in that bush - remember this is your game, you can play it anyway you want to - we're going to sit in this bush and maybe get a few kills as the big old cars drive past us.

Now, what I want you to do, is take your AKM, pop a red dot sight on it because it's a real devil of a kicker this one, and just nice and easy...spray those little guys down. There we go.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
5 out of 5 games I played last night had ultra blatant hackers. Including one guy flying around the map like Superman. I think I'll be taking a break until this gets fixed.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

abigserve posted:

now you see that's a friendly little bush right there, we're going to sit in that bush - remember this is your game, you can play it anyway you want to - we're going to sit in this bush and maybe get a few kills as the big old cars drive past us.

Now, what I want you to do, is take your AKM, pop a red dot sight on it because it's a real devil of a kicker this one, and just nice and easy...spray those little guys down. There we go.

I can hear it. Its glorious.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Do The Evolution posted:

Agreed, there's nothing like the "gently caress gently caress gently caress where's a gun poo poo go back the other way I heard a shotgun" moments at the start when you drop Rozhok.

Yeah, this really is the best part of the game for me too (since I’m generally terrible at it). I had a situation earlier today where an opponent and I walked into an empty house via opposite doors at the same time - we started punching each other then I spotted a shotgun so rushed for it. He punches me while I load it, finally killing him with about 5% health left.

It’s experiences like that that make me want to keep playing, despite the hackers and other bugs.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i bent a bullet over a mountain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y23d08NjVo0

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Circle sure doesn't gently caress around anymore with damage

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Are the fpp servers still completely random matchmaking? I just played a top ten round with 5 kills but I had three rounds leading up to it with 0 kills and I'm trying to figure out if the fourth game was just luck or if I essentially pushed myself down into the tard bracket with those other games.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

DrNutt posted:

Are the fpp servers still completely random matchmaking? I just played a top ten round with 5 kills but I had three rounds leading up to it with 0 kills and I'm trying to figure out if the fourth game was just luck or if I essentially pushed myself down into the tard bracket with those other games.

You know honestly I'm really wondering if there's any MM at all. One game I'm in with a bazillion idiots, then the next I'm falling to DrDisrespect. Very large descrepancy in general between my games. I'm at 200 hours. So I'm still fairly new to the subgenre of battle royale. read: I'm not great, but there's PLENTY of data for it to tell me to not be matched with ppl who play this for a living on stream, you dig?

The idea that there's the same people queuing up with streamers and reliably getting in the same exact games over and over despite said streamers / good players getting a dozen kills and the stream snipers dying real soon adds credence to this.

I think it's mostly random, there's loose MM. But it's not NEARLY as strict as ranked MM in multiple other modern shooters.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Tonetta posted:

Staturbating lead to the neutering of goons in asia servers

Thanks obams

Honestly once you get like 10 wins in a row and 30 kills without dying you get put up with people who can actually react and shoot back anyway so I don't see what the problem is.

Give us back are stats. Make Asia great again.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
My buddy and I lost 1v2 to Shroud in Duo for the 2nd place finish :( We killed DrDisrespect and knew where Shroud was but he sneakily looped around up onto a cliff and blasted us in typical shroud fashion with a silenced m16.

Sucks because we downed Disrespect and wanted to push Shroud but some other dipshits were shooting at us from our side and throwing grenades :cry:

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Affi posted:

Any good LPs or chill people playing the game I can watch?

Shroud is a pretty safe choice. Nice non-offensive dude who's also ridiculously good at the game (former CS:GO pro and a living aimbot)

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

My squad got wrecked by Fatal1ty once. Landed in Pochinki and 3 of our squad got deleted by him and one by one of his teammates within about 1 min of landing. Was fun times.

Molchane
Dec 13, 2014

WhatEvil posted:

Honestly once you get like 10 wins in a row and 30 kills without dying you get put up with people who can actually react and shoot back anyway so I don't see what the problem is.

Give us back are stats. Make Asia great again.

I can tell you now you can get 15 wins in a row and 100 kills without dieing without people shooting back, in Asia. I'm sorry for making everyone lose their asia stats.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

The other good thing about ChocoTaco is that I think the average player can learn from his style. Obviously his reaction speed and aim are something else, but his movement, positioning etc can be studied with a degree of success

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Xenaero posted:

You know honestly I'm really wondering if there's any MM at all. One game I'm in with a bazillion idiots, then the next I'm falling to DrDisrespect. Very large descrepancy in general between my games. I'm at 200 hours. So I'm still fairly new to the subgenre of battle royale. read: I'm not great, but there's PLENTY of data for it to tell me to not be matched with ppl who play this for a living on stream, you dig?

The idea that there's the same people queuing up with streamers and reliably getting in the same exact games over and over despite said streamers / good players getting a dozen kills and the stream snipers dying real soon adds credence to this.

I think it's mostly random, there's loose MM. But it's not NEARLY as strict as ranked MM in multiple other modern shooters.

There definitely is MM. The difference between playing unranked when they have it turned off and playing when it's turned on is something else.

Playin squad atm if anyone wants to watch DA WARRRIOORRRS in action: https://go.twitch.tv/keatonfox23

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Lemon posted:

The other good thing about ChocoTaco is that I think the average player can learn from his style. Obviously his reaction speed and aim are something else, but his movement, positioning etc can be studied with a degree of success

Does he still camp buildings as much? That kinda put me off when his stream was first posted here. He's definitely a cool guy though

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Nov 8, 2017

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

abigserve posted:

There definitely is MM. The difference between playing unranked when they have it turned off and playing when it's turned on is something else.

Playin squad atm if anyone wants to watch DA WARRRIOORRRS in action: https://go.twitch.tv/keatonfox23

My experience is the opposite in single player FPP.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

daslog posted:

My experience is the opposite in single player FPP.

FPP has no matchmaking as far as I am aware so that makes sense

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
So many goddamn hackers in this nowadays.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Parallel Playa posted:

Does he still camp buildings as much? That kinda put me off when his stream was first posted here. He's definitely a cool guy though

Generally his tactic is to get to the centre of the circle as soon as possible and then kill people coming his way. So yeah he will often end up holding a building but I wouldn't say he's camping as most people would understand it. He's actively moving around the building to check all the angles and he isn't hiding - If he sees someone he almost always engages them even if it looks like they weren't coming his way. I'd say he's very agressive but from a defensive position, and he often pushes out to chase people, loot bodies, go after crates etc.

That's why I think it's easier to emulate his style and have it be effective, most of the stuff he does is actually really simple, it's just that he also has insane aim & reactions on top of it. It would be much harder for an average person to watch DrDisrespect and try to play like that, as he's super agressive. I've not watched much of Shroud but I've heard him described the same way, in that he gets himself into positions that would be death for most players, but he's skilled enough to prevail.

edit: Also he explains his decisions pretty much constantly which makes it even better to learn from.

Lemon fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 8, 2017

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Parallel Playa posted:

Already covered, but I wouldn't call what he does camping. It's definitely fun to poke him a bit when he gets iced by a guy sitting in a bathtub about how he's also a camper though.

Shroud is also a fun watch and I'll throw his stream on if choco isn't playing yet. I kind of want to see them play together just to see if choco can handle rolling with shroud's really carefree playstyle. I don't think he'd be able to do it. He gets too antsy when out in the open.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I like to watch shroud because it's like watching some kind of super advanced videogame AI roll around and destroy people. His friend just9n is a whiny little dork, though

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

hawowanlawow posted:

I like to watch shroud because it's like watching some kind of super advanced videogame AI roll around and destroy people. His friend just9n is a whiny little dork, though

Shroud is cool, but all his little hanger-ons are insufferable. Chad and just9n need to go away forever.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
edit your videos, i couldn't tell which of the like 7 people who were standing perfectly still you killed with a silenced kar98 because none of them were behind a hill

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Weird, it looks like you should be hitting the guy you already knocked when you got that last kill.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Man, that circle #3 is a bitch if you don't have a vehicle and it spawns as far away as possible to you on the edge. Running full tilt you just barely make it. If you get into one small firefight, you won't make it in. They need to increase the time a bit for some of these, especially after the damage increase. Does anyone agree?

If you have enough bad luck and keep getting circles spawning on the opposite end of you and you can't find a vehicle, you're literally running the entire game. Now I see why people don't drop Zharki or north Georgepol.

kiwid fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 8, 2017

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I just spent 4 consecutive rounds on teams of Russian speakers; two of which teamkilled me within the first minute or so. Is this a recurring issue for anyone else?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Bhodi posted:

edit your videos, i couldn't tell which of the like 7 people who were standing perfectly still you killed with a silenced kar98 because none of them were behind a hill

the sad part is he clearly edited it to add the terrible soundtrack and such

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

SilverSupernova posted:

I just spent 4 consecutive rounds on teams of Russian speakers; two of which teamkilled me within the first minute or so. Is this a recurring issue for anyone else?

No because I don't play with random squads. Join the Goon discord. Some goons are douchebags and/or terrible at the game but at least they speak English.

Don't play with Pissmop though if you don't like getting TKed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I joined a goon discord for the first time and ended up playing TPP for the first time. Is this the majority? I'd like to do FPP only. I had fun, though! Thanks goons.

• Locked thread