Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Can one ever truly unbox that which is, in its essence, a box?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

bushwookie19 posted:

CONGRATULATIONS YA BOY ETHAN COUCH (aka Richard) you have been hella owned.

I'm NOT owned, they will fix this!!

bushwookie19
Apr 2, 2015

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I'm NOT owned, they will fix this!!

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
so what games are everyone playing on their xbonx

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Healbot posted:

I can't wait to unbox my bonx and maybe win the RMA-lottery on friday.

That's the REAL fun of any launch.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

HyperPuma posted:

This thing has games?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

HyperPuma posted:

I'm gonna be playing Wolfenstein 2 in glorious "dynamic resolution."

Also bought Halo 5 because I'm a big dumb idiot and it was super cheap ($19 cdn). More for nostalgia than anything.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

HyperPuma posted:

Doom. The 360 version.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

They had the Complete Edition of Witcher 3 on sale for 20 bucks so imma check that out.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

HyperPuma posted:

Shadow Tactics and Ninja Gaiden Black until FFXV arrives. then probably Halo 5 because I have game pass and haven't played a Halo game since 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheHoosier posted:

Shadow Tactics and Ninja Gaiden Black until FFXV arrives. then probably Halo 5 because I have game pass and haven't played a Halo game since 2

Ffxv runs like poo poo on all consoles wait for pc (or skip it cause its not very good imo idk)

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.
Target is such a poo poo company. I mean, what a bunch of dumb fucks. It's not even that the Xbox One X I ordered will be delivered late, it's the fact that I have to go into full-fledged rear end in a top hat mode just to get the $15.00 expedited shipping refunded. And the Target chat employees--such imbeciles. Such utter goddamn imbeciles. It's that or they were trying to get me to have an aneurysm. Either way, they can kindly go gently caress themselves.

One dipshit even insinuated that Target orders were being flown out of Texas this afternoon in order to reach customers, and that the company "stood by their commitment," even though I told him that FedEx guaranteed me that the order would not arrive today. I mean, think about that, a FedEx employee guaranteeing that a package WILL NOT arrive, and this worthless Target shitstain saying, "nope, nope, our word is our bond."

Get hosed, Target.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Source your quotes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Seen much worse in ps4 thread

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Real hurthling! posted:

Ffxv runs like poo poo on all consoles wait for pc (or skip it cause its not very good imo idk)

my pc is dead and I got it for dirt cheap. if it's garbage i'll shuffle it off on someone else. maybe gift it to some goon.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You might like it. I found it extremely rough like they spent all the money on the first 5 hours and then poo poo starts getting real bad the further you go and you start running into npcs that look like sonic 06 npc animations, huge chunks of the story are missing, boss fights take place in midair with noctis awkwardly getting flung all over, etc.

If you start it and think its ok, i cant recommend enough that you spend as long in the desert as possible doing all the side stuff because every event after you leave that big first area causes the game to get worse and worse until you are trapped in an empty 10 car train running back and forth end to end for 45 mins and other horrors.

Also the combat is not my cup of tea at all but at least they tried something new i guess.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 8, 2017

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

Zaa Boogie posted:

Source your quotes.

Ian and Sandy from Target chat. And I paraphrased on the last one.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I got 20% off and free shipping because Amazon tried to charge me 13.99 for one day shipping and I chatted with them and they fixed it

Does that help you at all?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Is there a way to tell if 4K assets have been installed? Or do they just install by default? AC Origins install size doesn't seem much different from its regular size on my old Xbox One.

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

sellouts posted:

I got 20% off and free shipping because Amazon tried to charge me 13.99 for one day shipping and I chatted with them and they fixed it

Does that help you at all?

Should have went Amazon, I guess. The first agent I spoke with was clearly trying to avoid giving me a refund, pulling out false hope at every turn, and the second kept stalling to the point where I was just incredulous.

All this to protect $15.00? Target must be in terrible shape.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
poo poo looks good.

Surprisingly Halo 5 was one of the most impressive

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Le Saboteur posted:

Is there a way to tell if 4K assets have been installed? Or do they just install by default? AC Origins install size doesn't seem much different from its regular size on my old Xbox One.

surely you can tell by the pixels

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If your file size is over 110gb its probably 4k...unless its a ms 1st party game cause they have been putting out bloated files with no fucks given

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Amazon didn't deliver til 8:15pm and they gave me a project Scorpio edition instead of the regular one which I preferred, but thankfully the green text is much more understated than it looked online. Can barely see it at all from the couch.

Now I get to update/install poo poo and go to bed since I have to get up at 5am, yay!

Edit: oh and they delivered my two games with a separate courier from the same in-house courier literally two minutes later. Great logistics there.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 8, 2017

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I ordered the scorpion edition in August to pick up at the BB near me and they may or may not have sold it to some jack off who waited at the door of Best buy. I got this email this morning right around when they opened:

:thumbsup:

That is hosed my dudes. They can always buy it from amazon they have plenty in stock

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

exquisite tea posted:

Can one ever truly unbox that which is, in its essence, a box?

One time I tried to throw away a trashcan and blew a damned hole in the space time continuum. I wouldn't recommend messing with de-boxing a box.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I've heard if you highlight a game and hold down both menu buttons and both bumpers, it brings up some menu that tells you what assets are installed. I don't know if that's exactly what it is, I heard it in passing in a podcast.

Edit: Yeah that's it. If you have the normal game, it will say Xbox-Durango under assets, and will probably say Xbox-Scorpio if you have the 4K stuff.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 8, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

First impressions on X.

-System looks great on the outside, and love the controller. Reminded me how lovely dualshocks were all over again.
-UI is pretty trash, unnecessarily cluttered filled with things I'll never use. But at least it's easily ignorable and it's easy to reach the last game you played.
-I have 15 games to install, maybe it'll be done when I wake up. Have 175Mbps down but only getting 20 down on xbox wifi.
-External hard drive is a must.
-Cool to see all my 360 and PC digital games just sitting there in my library automatically.
-Bought EA Access already, great service that Sony is dumb for passing on.
-Can't comment on games due to the aforementioned inability to play. Thanks Amazon!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ea access requires playing ea games with your short life, pass

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Getting 85-95 Mbps down on wifi now that everyone in North America has gone to bed. That's pretty great.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
My external (Seagate 1TB) poo poo itself four separate times on the Xbone. I did all the FAT 32 stuff, but it kept making GBS threads the bed and crashing my box on boot.

I'll be getting a XBOXONE-EX pretty soon. Would it be good to just grab a new drive? I was paranoid that Microsoft would make externals "Proprietary Products Only" at the last minute and held off trying to "fix" my problem.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just put in Gears of War 3...

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmmLLYK87jYOhuZ1lz9T7KhHHJJ7Yg

THATS A loving XBOX 360 GAME :aaa:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

89 posted:

And running at 1 FPS. Everything seems to be working!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

VideoGames posted:

And running at 1 FPS. Everything seems to be working!

Ran perfect without any drops 🤷🏻‍♂️

😱

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

89 posted:

Ran perfect without any drops 🤷🏻‍♂️

😱

It was a joke that you linked a screenshot. Technically that is a single frame. A 1 frame per second.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

fishmech posted:

got my x xbox one x

That is a nice looking Xbox One X box

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
The Xbox One X box box is a boring cardboard though. 3/10

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Cojawfee posted:

I've heard if you highlight a game and hold down both menu buttons and both bumpers, it brings up some menu that tells you what assets are installed. I don't know if that's exactly what it is, I heard it in passing in a podcast.

Edit: Yeah that's it. If you have the normal game, it will say Xbox-Durango under assets, and will probably say Xbox-Scorpio if you have the 4K stuff.

I'm using the Insiders Program so maybe they changed something but this doesn't actually show the Assets listing for some games even though they clearly have the 4k assets. Both AC Origins and Mafia 3 didn't even have an Assets property in the info shown but were upgraded.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

89 posted:

How about a good game tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
Having had a xbonx for one day, I'm pretty impressed. Except for one thing, how does xbonx not have working hdmi cec? The ps3 had it ten years ago.