Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Erenthal posted:

He’s excellent as Smiley in Tinker Tailor, though I also loved Alec Guinness in the role previously.

truth. the Smiley's People series is also great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

tbf it was a bit strange that the person responsible for ship designs was doing random youtube talkshows.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

kikkelivelho posted:

tbf it was a bit strange that the person responsible for ship designs was doing random youtube talkshows.

But who else is going to expose CIG's failings and problems on such a frequent basis?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett posted:

But who else is going to expose CIG's failings and problems on such a frequent basis?

Oh, whoops, left out Sandi.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

kikkelivelho posted:

This is one of many concepts Ben submitted to the art department.

Abuminable fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 8, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Abuminable posted:

*AHEM*

A broke-brained individual, in 3 acts.

Scene 1

Hello, I am a broke-brained individual who loves video games, especially space sims, but hates big brother developer and think microtransactions and bad policy is slowly killing the thing I love.

Scene 2

CIG: GREETINGS FELLOW GAY-MERE, WE ARE HERE TO SAVE YOU! LOOK AT THIS COOL SHIP!

Scene 3

How much?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Abuminable posted:

Better than many modern art pieces

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

youtube.com/watch?v=Igb9IkVOiAE

$164m well spent. 3.0 is surely just days away from release.

crobber ya game all hosed up. Although if your goal was to make a sequel to octodad, good job I guess.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

crobber ya game all hosed up. Although if your goal was to make a sequel to octodad, good job I guess.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

We're pivoting away from space sims. Star Citizen is now a horror. The horror begins when it sets in that you spent thousands of bucks on sweet fa.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

kikkelivelho posted:

I'm surprised he had any time for talk shows. You know each of those concepts represents about 2000 hours of work put in before it even gets shared with the community?

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.

well, didn't the slender man come from sa. now it's back. and it only costs us around 164 million freakin' dollars. pc foruming saved again!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

drluv posted:

well, didn't the slender man come from sa. now it's back. and it only costs us around 164 million freakin' dollars. pc foruming saved again!

No no, it cost them 164 million. We're getting it for free once Ben/Lando follow through with the contract and give us free accounts for life.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

moma how far off do you estimate we are from a full release of the pre-alpha 3.0 of revolutionary game star citizen?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
There's more info on the other paywalled forum and the discord has some snippets, but reddit will lose its poo poo once they realize, by entering a simple code on account creation, we'll get a free ship. No details on which one yet, doubt it'll be bigger than a connie tho.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Erenthal posted:

He’s excellent as Smiley in Tinker Tailor, though I also loved Alec Guinness in the role previously.

The miniseries much better than the movie. One of my favourite Alec Guinness roles.

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.

moma how far off do you estimate we are from a full release of the pre-alpha 3.0 of revolutionary game star citizen?

Well, you saw it in the vid: it's clearly within an arm's length. :smuggo:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Just gotta open the door and step outside to bask in the glory that is 3.0.

Just... open that door MOMA.

No, the door! OPEN THE DOOR!

OH FOR FUCKS SAKES ITS JUST A GOD drat DO~*bluescreen.txt*

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Hey, get Visceral games on this one, maybe they can make Dead spac-

Oh.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Glad to see that after months of not following SC news it's still as big of a trainwreck as it ever was

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Glad to see that after months of not following SC news it's still as big of a trainwreck as it ever was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU

And you may find yourself
Living in a shotgun shack
In another part of the world
Behind the wheel of a large spaceship
And you may find yourself in a beautiful wankpod
With a beautiful sexdoll
And you may ask yourself, well
How did I get here?

Letting the days go by, let the coding hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing under space
Into the black again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing under space

And you may ask yourself
How do I work this?
And you may ask yourself
Where is that large spaceship?
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful wankpod!
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful sexdoll!

Letting the days go by, let the coding hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing under space
Into the black again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing under space

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

etc etc

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I just started the HZD expansion

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/927727422862254080

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I like to think MoMA is actually somewhere stuck in a coma and all our posts are just how his brain is interpreting his family and doctors trying to get him to wake up.

Please wake up, MoMA.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

I like to think MoMA is actually somewhere stuck in a coma and all our posts are just how his brain is interpreting his family and doctors trying to get him to wake up.

Please wake up, MoMA.

Oh, so its just like the Odyssey?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Oh, so its just like the Odyssey?

Kind of? I highly doubt someone with a belt as cool as MoMA's would be put into a coma by falling out of a treehouse though. I'd guess it was probably something far more badass.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Kind of? I highly doubt someone with a belt as cool as MoMA's would be put into a coma by falling out of a treehouse though. I'd guess it was probably something far more badass.

Well, CIG did steal something of value from him (like his dignity) and then pushed him away with their marketing and PR.

Also, jesus christ I made a The Odyssey reference in 2017.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Well, CIG did steal something of value from him (like his dignity) and then pushed him away with their marketing and PR.

Also, jesus christ I made a The Odyssey reference in 2017.

I'm not gonna lie, I had to google that poo poo.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I had to google that poo poo.

Lol.

I forgot Ryan Reynolds was in it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Dusty Lens posted:

Once Space Engineers has some kind of stable multiplayer experience I'll be excited to give it another swing. I have an absurd number of hours sunk into just tinkering a little bit here and there over the years, waiting for a chance to actually capitalize on those efforts beyond trying to make things that can do things without looking dumb.

The wait has been frustrating.

The new SE netcode is ridiculously good and nice, there's barely any difference between single/mp now. The game is as buggy as ever still, though.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

good christ

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Toops posted:

good christ

WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST TAKON ORLANI!?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Aliens are now in, progress being made, dreams being made, all according to plan.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Jobbo_Fett posted:

WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST TAKON ORLANI!?

All apologies, I thought this was a photo of Martin Freeman's bloated corpse after being dredged from the River Thames

My deepest condolences to the Orlani family.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Eh, no big deal just run StripNamespaces.... super simple fix you guys it just removes the namespaces of the node before doing the curve match (curves are usually in root namespace).

Then there's the powerhouse method entitled StripMergedLayerData, which allows for the additional 'Merged_Layer_inputB' naming that animLayers use.

Weeks not months.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Toops posted:

Eh, no big deal just run StripNamespaces.... super simple fix you guys it just removes the namespaces of the node before doing the curve match (curves are usually in root namespace).

Then there's the powerhouse method entitled StripMergedLayerData, which allows for the additional 'Merged_Layer_inputB' naming that animLayers use.

Weeks not months.

ELI5 please?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I also remember spore, thanks

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Warhawk109 posted:

The miniseries much better than the movie. One of my favourite Alec Guinness roles.

Absolutely, he's brilliant in it. Very understated but sublimely played. The whole series is up on youtube, it's well worth a watch even today. Thing is when you watch it though is that for the modern viewer it does feel exruciatingly slow at first, because you are so used to modern TV with its jumpcuts and frantic pace. But once you get in the mood, it's top notch BBC goodness.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Quavers posted:

ELI5 please?

Let's pretend the nice space man is a marionette doll, and he has lots of strings you can pull on to make him run and jump and play. Well, one day the puppeteer had to ride on a plane, so he cut the strings to the doll so it would fit into the suitcase. He carefully labeled every string so he could re-connect them later. But what's this? When the puppeteer went to re-connect the strings, he couldn't find the labels! They were gone! Had they fallen off? Had somebody stolen them? The puppeteer cried and cried, because try as he might, he could not reconnect the thousands upon thousands of strings to his beloved puppet. Now the nice space man can't run and jump and play anymore. He just stands there with his arms out, waiting for his master to fix him and make him whole again.

The end.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Toops posted:

Let's pretend the nice space man is a marionette doll, and he has lots of strings you can pull on to make him run and jump and play. Well, one day the puppeteer had to ride on a plane, so he cut the strings to the doll so it would fit into the suitcase. He carefully labeled every string so he could re-connect them later. But what's this? When the puppeteer went to re-connect the strings, he couldn't find the labels! They were gone! Had they fallen off? Had somebody stolen them? The puppeteer cried and cried, because try as he might, he could not reconnect the thousands upon thousands of strings to his beloved puppet. Now the nice space man can't run and jump and play anymore. He just stands there with his arms out, waiting for his master to fix him and make him whole again.

The end.

I liked this bedtime story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Red9 came to us to try and sell some of their animation pipeline things. Guy was demoing their stuff using CIG assets. Predictably, it all broke and didn't work.